[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - JESUS HOUSE mourns

JESUS HOUSE mourns

Important announcements will be posted here

JESUS HOUSE mourns

Postby blackie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:19 am

Hey guys sad news. For those of you that live in or visit London you may have heard of Jesus House. Ify (Pastor Agu Irukwu's beautiful wife) has passed on. I am not even a member of their church but the first time I met that couple at House on the Rock I thought - what a lovely and lively couple, this is what christian love and life should be all about! Since then I have relished every opportunity to hear Ify or her husband preach and it has always been a blessing. They have been few and far between which means I really don't know her but she will be missed.

Ify succumbed to cancer at such a young age, but I've no doubt she fulfilled her mission in life. She had young kids and it just makes me wonder- NOT to question God but to wonder -is it really true that he takes the best away really young? Does he really only lend us them for a very short while and then take them back?

And then it also makes me think about ourselves here, women, no matter how healthy we may feel regular checkups are necessary, good care of our health and bodies indispensible.You are never too young to contract any illness. Above all, prayers[without ceasing] will ensure that we are always protected from the snares of the evil one and that if God says hey daughter, it's time, that we will be ready to answer that call.

May her soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace, Amen.
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby shaded » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:41 am

I can't believe this....did not even know she was ill. Ify was a God fearing beautiful woman who with her husband touched many lives in London. I loved seeing them together as they embodied to me what a marriage based on God looks like.

I pray God gives strength to her family at this time.
shaded
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby uluisrare » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:30 am

may God strengthen her family and kids thru this period of their lives and give them the courage and grace to go on....
If swimming is so good for you why are whales so fat?
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:51 am

Eeeya! Very sad. May her soul RIP.

Blackie, you for complete your work now....

http://ifeyinwa-irukwu.memory-of.com/
Last edited by chizor on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

JESUS HOUSE mourns

Postby Omar » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:20 am

Bible says "blessed are they that mourn for they shall be what?????? .............

I pray God to give them the grace to stand strong throughout this period and forever, Its a pity but can't ask God why this happened.
It is well with her hubby, kids, friends and their congregation.
God's grace to all
It is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that shows mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Omar
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby dubem » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:00 am

Blackie, sad to hear that another one of God's children has been laid to rest.

I pray that God comforts the hearts of those that mourn her departure.

Most of the answers to the questions you ponder on are No.
God is not a killer, not a murderer either. It is the devil who comes to steal, to kill and to destroy. It is the devil that brought about death and dying in the first place. God's desire is that we may have life and have it more abundantly. Remember that while Jesus was here on earth, he used that opportunity and brought healing to people in masses. You never heard him kill anyone. While we are here on earth there will always be the matter of death and dying. It is also appointed unto man once to die, after that the judgment. Our responsibility is not to wonder but to have hope in the word of God, that God is truth and in Him alone do we trust. We just have to keep believing that He let this happen for a reason and even though it is hard...give Him glory for it anyway. This ensures that the devil gets no glory even in death. ;-)

I stand behind you 100% on getting periodic checks as women and taking good care of our bodies. After all, our bodies are the temples of God, keeping it healthy and functional is our responsibility not God’s. After we have done our own piece, we should then keep our trust in God to fulfill His word on satisfying us with long life and good health. That is where faith plays a key role.

I pray God's peace over you too blackie. That God himself will give you a sound mind and confidence by His word.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby igoloa » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:52 pm

very sad but God gives and he takes when he feels it is right :( God bless her family :( :(
igoloa
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby dubem » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:58 pm

I don't believe the statement about "God gives and he takes " but I will leave it for another thread.
Ngwa, Ulu start one (thread) up quick abeg :D
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby uluisrare » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:50 am

dubem wrote:I don't believe the statement about "God gives and he takes " but I will leave it for another thread.
Ngwa, Ulu start one (thread) up quick abeg :D

inaaaa? that one na u and chiz's specialty... my own na to "expantiate" if i sabi wetin i wan talk...
jokes apart sha, God does not give and take o... that's a lie from the pit of hell... cos the Bible says:

James 1:13: Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man...
AND

James 1:17: Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

so to say those bad things that happen- famine, hurricane andrews, hurricane katrina etc came from God is one of the world's biggest fallacies...

hmm, oya dubs start the thread o... make we no spoil this one... ;-)
If swimming is so good for you why are whales so fat?
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby eby » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:47 am

May her soul rest in peace
The one who kneels to God in prayer can stand up to anything.
eby
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby onyi810 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:58 pm

Dear GOD please grant her eternal rest and the family especially hubby and kids the grace to carry on.
Eby i love ur slogan.

Accept no ones definition of you, Define yourself
onyi810
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby eby » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:10 am

onyi810 wrote:Dear GOD please grant her eternal rest and the family especially hubby and kids the grace to carry on.
Eby i love ur slogan.

Accept no ones definition of you, Define yourself

Thanks Onyi :wink:
The one who kneels to God in prayer can stand up to anything.
eby
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby obyb » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:08 am

Is she by any chance related to nwando and akudo ene?She looks like nwando and her maiden name is ene
obyb

Postby chizor » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:18 am

obyb wrote:Is she by any chance related to nwando and akudo ene?She looks like nwando and her maiden name is ene

you're right. she looks like nwando. can see a bit of Akudo in her too. she went to FGGCowerri though
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Trish » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:36 am

yeah, sadly Ify's also an 'old girl' - she finished earlier than most of us though, as she was my sis's set - '70's...

May her soul rest in peace... AMEN!

BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO MOURN, FOR THEY SHALL BE COMFORTED
Trish
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Next

Return to Announcements