[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - QUESTIONS AND FACTS

QUESTIONS AND FACTS

Important announcements will be posted here

Postby chizor » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:28 am

badah wrote:Here's another one.

Contrary to popular belief, it is actually possible to survive without friends.

hmmmmmmmmmm :?

Not for too long. we all need them to some degree.
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:31 am

actually, its possible to survive without them, but then, we would have to ask questions about the quality of life we'll have without them.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby badah » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:35 am

chizor wrote:
badah wrote:Yeah chizor, I do not entirely agree either, but it is something to look into. Its boadering dangerously on the line of truth.

Well, personally, my view is that there are loads of good people out there. (both men and women) The problem though, is that very often, the wrong pair get together. I feel that there are too many mismatches which is probably why relationships don’t last. But God will help us.[/quote

Yes that's the right way to look at it. most relationships these days are based on spontaneity, people do not take the time to get to know what's actuallyy there. You get in then get out quicker than u got in, leaving a long trail of back thens.
badah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby darinka » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:30 pm

I suscribe to this 100% :-D
< God loves me immensely (John 3:16)
HE thinks about me all the time. Ps.139:17-18
HE knows my name. John 10:13
Therefore, I am not anonymous to God.
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby badah » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:34 pm

that's what i believe too, its very possible to survive without friends.
badah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby badah » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:59 pm

chizor wrote:Badah...is everytin alright? 8O
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
badah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby chizor » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:01 am

badah wrote:that's what i believe too, its very possible to survive without friends.

Really? Wow!

Who will you talk to when u need encouragement, when ur ill, when u need someone to celebrate with, when u need to hang out, when u need support, when you want to laugh, learn, etc.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby sandy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:27 am

FRIENDS ARENT WANT BUT NECESSITY. AT LEAST ONE FRIEND IS IMPERATIVE :!: .
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby badah » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:32 am

chizor wrote:
badah wrote:that's what i believe too, its very possible to survive without friends.

Really? Wow!

Who will you talk to when u need encouragement, when ur ill, when u need someone to celebrate with, when u need to hang out, when u need support, when you want to laugh, learn, etc.

yes all these things are neccessary, but what i mean is u might feel something is missing, but u wont die or loose much sleep. As a matter of fact u actually get a whole lot done without friends, u concentrate on ur goals u actually achieve a whole lot. TRUE! Its been proven.
badah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby dubem » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:34 am

to me...

good friends = good relationships
so no friends= ????????? 8O
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby badah » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:36 am

badah wrote:It's that men have a reduced mental capacity that warps their perception of reality and ability to reason. They have a terribly deluded sense of self importance, which makes it really difficult for them to interact with more intelligent life forms. (A one year old baby)

Is this true, I mean!!!

ANY OPINIONS ON THIS.... ANYONE!!!????
badah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby chizor » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:08 pm

badah wrote:
chizor wrote:

Really? Wow!

yes all these things are neccessary, but what i mean is u might feel something is missing, but u wont die or loose much sleep. As a matter of fact u actually get a whole lot done without friends, u concentrate on ur goals u actually achieve a whole lot. TRUE! Its been proven.

Badah, I agree you won't die without friends. Loose sleep? Well…debateable. As they say, a problem shared is a problem….

I think we're talking about good friends here o! Not just acquaintances, time wasters or friends that will stab u in the back. Personally, I feel that life could be extremely lonely without them. Even if its just that one friend. As they say, no man is an island.

Concentrate on your goals? Well..do u agree that good ones can actually help you achieve your goals influence you positively and motivate you?

All in all, I think it would really depend on the quality of friends we're talking about and perhaps, the type of experience you've had with friends which may somehow have an impact on your beliefs.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Aisha » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:23 pm

badah wrote:Interesting point nekababy, but what truly make reelationships last, I mean with what is happening in the world today, animals seem to be having very long term relationships, as opposed to the human folk. Take a look at hollywood, better still, take a look at ur neighbor.

I think the key to a good guy-girl relationship ( and I am no Dr. Phil) is friendship. A friendship where you can totally share what's on your heart about anything and know that the other person will listen, respect your opinions and just love you. I believe that when you stop being best friends, then it's hard to be anything else.

The second opinion that I have is based on this book "Love and Respect" and from watching people's marriages and applying these principles in my dating relationship. A man will freely give love to a woman if he feels respected. A woman will give respect to a man if she feels loved. So when both people are doing their part, I think things work out great.

The fact that I have is God. God changes things, God makes things grow and when you ( both people involved) truly apply the Scriptures, or even just the one about loving yourself as Jesus loved you, marriages and relationships are beautiful.
Don't tell me what you believe in. I'll observe how you behave and make my own determination. - Alex Trebec
Aisha
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby badah » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:36 pm

very true aisha.
badah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Previous

Return to Announcements