[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - 1st Annual FGGC OWERRI ALUMNI RE_UNION DC/MD- July 14 '07

1st Annual FGGC OWERRI ALUMNI RE_UNION DC/MD- July 14 '07

1st Annual FGGC OWERRI ALUMNI RE_UNION DC/MD- July 14 '07

Postby weruche » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:14 pm

Order of Events for Poetry Slam $ Fund-raiser

* 7.00 pm- Meet & Greet.

* 7.30 pm- Let us worship HIM!

* 8.00 pm- Solidarity time... Anthems

* 8.10 pm- Welcome! Weruche Uzoka- Class of ‘93

* 8.15 pm- Fund- raiser doc. Passed out.

* 8.15 pm- Ice Breaker! Come up with 4 things about yourself and let the other person guess which ones are true and which is a lie.

* 8.45 pm- Girls- Girls-Girls-Come-And-Eat!

* 9.00 pm- Sound of Poetry / Dinner continues

* 10.00 pm- Suggestions for Fund-raiser

* 10. 15 pm- Picture time!

* 10.30 pm- Closing Remark by Eunice Nwabuzor- Class of ‘85.
*10.35PM- Let us thank HIM!

Not quite in that order because of some late comers :roll:
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:32 pm

Welcome Speech- Given by weruche nee uzoka class of '93

You are welcome to the First Annual FGGC Owerri Alumni Reunion, in the United States of America. We are very pleased that we all made it here, to celebrate our Alma-mater and also to re-unite with old friends. For some of us it’s been at least 14 years, since we’ve had the pleasure of being together. We look around and we see the faces of the ladies that came before us, with us and even after us. Some of them we have met before, others we are looking forward to meeting and net-working with.

It brings joy and gladness to our hearts, that we have come this far in life, achieving various successes and still striving for much more. From among us are Mothers and Home-makers. We are also involved in various professions. Some in corporate America, others in the Health-Care industry, Hospitality services and many more. We must acknowledge the part, that our Alma-mater played, in shaping us to become the women that we are today.

We can go on, recounting so much. The music competition stands out in my mind now and even the poetry competition, that made writers and poets of many of us today. The Tuesday and Thursday morning Assembly in the Mini-Stadium. The long-awaited Visiting days, for the boarders amongst us and our very many interesting Teachers, boarding House mistresses and Principals.

This was Federal Govt. Girls’ College Owerri and what it gave to us.
Now we want to give back.

We are passing around information for you to look at and
understand, one of our purposes here today. Feel free to make your
suggestions regarding this.
We hope that together we can show our appreciation for our Alma-mater.

Thank you and enjoy yourselves.
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:36 pm

FGGC OWERRI ALUMNI REUNION 2007- DC/ MD.

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
-Winston Churchill

Hello Fellow Alumni,

When you visit Fggc Owerri, today, it’s deplorable state, meets you. Some things are damaged or just simply lacking. So a group of us came up with a plan to help combat these problems. We acknowledge that we can only do so much, but we take up that challenge.

We have decided to donate to the school some Computers and Printers to better assist their administrative duties. We will also give computers to the Computer Lab. to help make the girls more computer literate. One of those Computers will go to the best graduating SSCE student, each year. This will be an incentive for the girls to be the best.
We hope to make donations and take up yearly projects.

Here’s where you come in. We urge you to give to this cause. Donations of any kind will help. We hope to present our gifts to our school, before we gather together again, a year from now.
We will also send delegates to the school to assess the real needs of the girls.

Please commit to doing this with us. We want to hear your suggestions and look forward to your involvement. We want to be as transparent as possible, so we will make announcements on our website, www.fggcowerri.com of Donations made.

We are also looking to longer-term projects that will help make a difference to a lucky few. We are in the process of building a foundation which we call FGGC OWERRI USA- ALUMNI FOUNDATION. With this we hope to successfully raise funds to help.

We are blessed to have this desire to give back and we hope to make a difference in the lives of many. By making the sacrifice to be here tonight, by faith I know this will be a success.

Thank you for your time and effort to be here. We wish you a safe-journey back to your destinations.

God Bless!!

“.
.. I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me...for just as you did it to one of the least of these my sisters and brothers, you did it to me.” ( Matthew 25:35, 40)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:39 pm

MINUTES FROM THE FUND_RAISING- COMPILED BY CYNTHIA MC-OLIVER CLASS OF '93

Brainstorming from 1st Annual FGGC Owerri Reunion – Hilton Hotel, Silver Springs MD, July 14, 2007

QUESTION: How to give back in a meaningful and sustainable manner to our alma mater??

SUGGESTIONS:
 Sponsor an outstanding students eg cash award? Scholarship to university?
 Create a scholarship fund
 Purchase or collect textbooks for donation to library
 Purchase or donate a laptop/computer to an outstanding student
 Target school as a whole
 Make contact with California woman, who has a Youth Development Program
 We have to decide what type of fundraising will be most beneficial, efficient:
o Levying ourselves?
o Fundraising dinners/banquets/parties

IMMEDIATE DECISIONS

 Create a working team to initiate ideas & discussions& development of our alumni association, make contacts with FGGC-Owerri alum near and far, and to make contacts with administration/staff of school back home
o Need to find out needs of school
o Status of school as to privatization, etc
o They will work with Weruche to keep us all informed and apprised of progress via email etc
o I worked with Weruche to identify all persons in attendance (using initial sign up lists)

 Volunteers to work on team are:
o Somachi** (Has pledge list & along with Ngozi will update Weruche on funds management/collection etc)
o Kelechi
o Chioma
o Chidubem
o Ngozi Njemanze**

ONSITE FUNDRAISING—PLEDGES
o Initiated by N. Njemanze, W. George, we decided to have make pledges right away to be actualized in the near future and to be deposited in fund for FGGC Owerri
o At least $2100 pledged so far plus £100
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:54 pm

ATTENDANCE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

EUNICE NWABUZOR- '85
CHIDUBEM OMERUO- '94
CYNTHIA MC OLIVER- '93
WERUCHE NEE UZOKA- '93
IJEOMA IWUALLA- '93
IHEOMA ORDUH- '93
AKUDO ONYEDIRE- '93
NGOZI NJEMANZE- '95
KELECHI AKWUKWAEGBU- '93
CHINYERE EZENLIAM- '92
PATIENCE IROTIM- '93
TOCHUKWU OKASI-'95
CHIBUZOR UJU- '93
NKECHI OKWARA- '95
NGOZI EMIHE- '98
NGOMA IROABUCHI-'92
IJEOMA EMENANJO- '98
NNEKA MERE- '93
CHIOMA MBATA- '94
UCHECHI UKAOMA- '94
SOMACHI CHIKWE- '95
EBY ANOZIE- '95
CHIKA ANYANWU-' 94

Special Guests

Iheoma Orduh's Husband
Mr Emihe
Mr Emihe's friend.
Last edited by weruche on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:32 am

8O 8O 8O I was under the assumption that this reuion was the annual Metro reuinion. (ie fedi, owerri girls and govt college).i didnt realise it was strictly an FGGCow (USA) reunion. Wow! Well done to those who helped in making it a success. More grease to your elbows!!!

Well done ladies!!!
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:47 am

I am so happy that we made this a huge success. Not only did we Crack jokes, yabb, laugh take photos, sing, dance and eat, we also disscussed real issues.
I am so proud to have been a part of that group in MD and we are also happy that some people did not let their location faze them. They came all the way from London, Florida, Michigan. etc
We urge you sisters who couldn't be there to still be involved because there is only one Alma-mater and our location doesn't change anything. We need your suggestions and involvement.

Thanks girls! Looking forward to the next reunion.
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby kk » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:35 am

I am soo happy it was a success. Please lets get down to seeing how we can help FGGC Owerri out....I would be glad to make my own contribution....

UK people....wata gwan?
Enjoy life....You never live the same day twice!
kk
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby nkay » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:20 am

Posted some of the pictures I took. More to follow.
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby chizor » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am

nkay wrote:Posted some of the pictures I took. More to follow.

nice. so many faces i dont recognise.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:24 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was under the assumption that this reuion was the annual Metro reuinion. (ie fedi, owerri girls and govt college).i didnt realise it was strictly an FGGCow (USA) reunion. Wow! Well done to those who helped in making it a success. More grease to your elbows!!!

Well done ladies!!!

Chizor nnem, the metro schools decided to each strengthen their individual Alumni Bodies.
Seperately we will build strong enough groups that will come together and make the 2009 Metro reunion a blast. They've taken a 2 year break.

To me it makes sense.
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:31 am

I am soo happy it was a success. Please lets get down to seeing how we can help FGGC Owerri out....I would be glad to make my own contribution....

UK people....wata gwan?

KK, that's really nice that you are interested in getting involved. I'll PM you Somachi Chikwe-'95 and Cynthia Mc-oliver'-'93 's email addresses, so that you can make your pledge, to them.
Since the minutes from what we discussed are already posted here, i won't have to email that to you. But you can also include in your email, your thoughts and suggestions of what you think we should do.

Thanks girl! That's what's up!
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby ozy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:32 am

By the Grace of God I will make the 2009 reunion. I think this is a good idea having it separately. that way, there will be more meaningful discussions to have.
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
ozy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby weruche » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:56 am

Nice pics, nkay! see us looking divalicious! pls post more, eh...but if you see anyone, with my neck bent, abeg no post am oh :lol: :lol:
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:03 am

una no get story wey una go tell?

una sure say una go? (ok..at least the pictures prove it).

weruche, nkay, dum, eby, gommie, make una gist us now...from day wan to the last. also, post more pics abeg.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Next

Return to Reunion