[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - STUDENTS VISA

STUDENTS VISA

STUDENTS VISA

Postby Kellyeva » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:15 pm

How many of you here has ever had the need to renew their students visa? Where did you go to apart from Nigeria? I am planning to go to teh Bahamas to renew mine. Any input?
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby eby » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:20 pm

I think a lot of people go to Canada 'cos its just across the border from New York. I could find out for you.
The one who kneels to God in prayer can stand up to anything.
eby
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Pgigi » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:31 pm

Some people say canada can be tough these days but i guess that is with those who were already out of status b4 applying for fresh F1. Anyway, i know people who go to canada but there are never dates in toronto so you would need to check other cities.

Abeg, carry me go bahamas now?
Pgigi

Postby nkay » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:39 pm

I renewed mine in Nigeria (Opportunity to go home) :-D :-D Anywayz, I also heard Canada could be tough. Someone from immigration told me its usually better to renew in the country of issue thats why I went home. You can also renew somewhere else but just bear it in mind that the risks are higher.
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Kellyeva » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:52 pm

Wow. The bahamas is close by for me taht's why i thot of going there. Niger has their own issues too. They might just decide to bounce you kwa. Mine is valid till October so i don't know if they wil talk to me in the f irst place since it will expire soon u know. but the visa has expired. and i want to tarvel next month. i just tire for the whole thing true.
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Pgigi » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:04 pm

ur matter complex but with proper arrangement, Angels and you can see God. Pay my consultation fee and I will do justice to your potential immiga issues. Just 240 dollars an hour
Pgigi

Postby Kellyeva » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:08 pm

gIRL BE SERIUOS FOR ONCE. I'LL CALL U LATER THIS EVENING.

Pgigi wrote:ur matter complex but with proper arrangement, Angels and you can see God. Pay my consultation fee and I will do justice to your potential immiga issues. Just 240 dollars an hour
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby nkay » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:11 pm

Pgigi wrote:ur matter complex but with proper arrangement, Angels and you can see God. Pay my consultation fee and I will do justice to your potential immiga issues. Just 240 dollars an hour

:smt081 :smt081
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Re: STUDENTS VISA

Postby faridah » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:20 pm

Kellyeva wrote:How many of you here has ever had the need to renew their students visa? Where did you go to apart from Nigeria? I am planning to go to teh Bahamas to renew mine. Any input?

It is always better to renew your visa in your country of origin so that if they need more information you can provide it easily. Even when I was applying for my permanent residency, I did it in the UK because I have a UK passport. I learned a lot about the immigration system through that experience. One thing I learned was that if your visa is expired, as long as you are enrolled in your academic program, you are still in Status since your I-94 has (Duration of Status). However, anytime you travel out with an expired visa stamp, you need to renew it before you can come back. If you have any questions, send me a PM, I love this immigration stuff and can point you to a few resources.
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Pgigi » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:25 pm

It is always better to renew your visa in your country of origin so that if they need more information you can provide it easily. Even when I was applying for my permanent residency, I did it in the UK because I have a UK passport. I learned a lot about the immigration system through that experience. One thing I learned was that if your visa is expired, as long as you are enrolled in your academic program, you are still in Status since your I-94 has (Duration of Status). However, anytime you travel out with an expired visa stamp, you need to renew it before you can come back. If you have any questions, send me a PM, I love this immigration stuff and can point you to a few resources.[/quote]

All this non-lawyers wey wan spoil my market, haba!
Pgigi

Postby faridah » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:29 pm

Pgigi wrote: All this non-lawyers wey wan spoil my market, haba!

Immigration Law is not rocket science. There is a whole lot of information out there for the lay or non-lawyer person starting with the USCIS website.
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Kellyeva » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:19 pm

It's not rocket science and i know definitely that going to Niger is easier but then my I-20 is only valid till october this year then i run on my OPT pending when my company files for the H1B visa. But then i would like to travel out in september and i don't know if Niger is reliable based on that. They might just say since its only 2 mths they can decide not to. If it was valid for another one year then i can say fine.

That's just it; its just a case of uncertainty, i don't want to risk going to Niger to renew it. If i wasn't travelling fine i'll wait till i file for my H1B but one year is too long. I can't imagine being here for one year without going somewhere.
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby weruche » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:59 pm

Kelechi, you have to decide what's important to you. I say wait out the 1 year. Don't risk going to Nigeria. it might work...but what if it doesn't?
There will always be time to travel after all this is sorted out, trust me...1 year or even 3 years won't kill you. here in the states, there are still areas left uncharted...you don come Connecticut, abi Philly, abi you don go Wine country for California? Relax... :wink:
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Pgigi » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:34 pm

I totally agree with weruche. Common choco, u have not even explored silver spring, DC and even Nebraska. One year is nothing after all your choco dey here so who u wan go see outside US.
Pgigi

Postby chizor » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:48 am

Pgigi wrote: All this non-lawyers wey wan spoil my market, haba!

[/quote]

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Next

Return to Reunion