[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - 9 THINGS I HATE

9 THINGS I HATE

9 THINGS I HATE

Postby sandy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:15 am

9 Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time...I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their ass to search the entire room for the tv remote because they refuse to walk to the tv and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they? I'm Gonna Kick their asses!

5. When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor.

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?".... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.

8. When people say "life is short". What the hell?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9.</ B> When yo u are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here, dumbass?

A POST I RECEIVED.
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby horizon » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:05 am

hahaaaa sandy na wa oh, u talk true? make i add to ya n0 2? ppl who wan mae call a and make that call sign.............i really loathe that.

very true though. but mayb that movie thing..if it was a guy askin, sandy mayb he was just tryin to start a conversation...no blow am oh!!lol :D
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby sandy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:25 am

TATS TRUE HORIZON, I AGREE BUT D CALL SIGN TO MAKE A CALL IS JUST A REFLEX MOVE, WHILE D MOVIE....U A RIT :D HE'S TRYING TO MAKE A MOVE. :)
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Kellyeva » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:25 am

I hate it when my friends call me and say kelechi u don't call me anymore. The last time i checked we both had each other's nos...... :lol:
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby blackie » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:15 am

When people say 'orientated' instead of 'oriented'
or 'an hotel' instead of 'a hotel'
or ...'say that again...' after everything I say
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby stellaukaoma » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:42 pm

when naija people fake the funk and sound like chickens in the throes of death

when a guy starts listing all his accomplishments 20 mins after meeting you

when a FGGC Alumni is like 'Oh, I don't keep in touch with any of our school girls" with pride

when adults throw adult-sized childish tantrums

when people (esp guys) step up to you with their pre-conceived notions and proceed to be very rude to you without even knowing you. Lets give people the benefit of the doubt abeg. If they turn out to be stuck -up, then you can treat them as such but not before please

when posers come up in here trying to tell us they are taking care of $1 million responsibility on their poverty-line paycheck. Oh give me a break!

when my anal-retentive manager reads my To do list (sittting jejely in my office) and has the nerve to make me explain them to her. Her only saving grace na say I need that residency certificate or I for curse am eh. :lol: :lol: :lol: (just thinking of all the curses we used to rain on her in our office)

when everybody brings all their questions to me and expect me to run around finding their answers. Shoot, last I checked I was a resident, not a manager.

Last one (you said 9, didn't you :D :D )
when I lost the bet to when Samir and Kate (my former co-residents) will start dating officially. They are a couple now but won't tell us when :evil: :evil:

.... just trying to make some interesting reads. Its really not that serious. :P :P
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby shaded » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:46 pm

When, as happened to me today, a guy whose yoruba accent is thicker than mine tells me that his parents are from Nigeria but he was born here. By the way the guy was in the office kitchen heating up a plastic bowl of jollof rice and fried fish.
shaded
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby stellaukaoma » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:07 pm

shaded wrote:When, as happened to me today, a guy whose yoruba accent is thicker than mine tells me that his parents are from Nigeria but he was born here. By the way the guy was in the office kitchen heating up a plastic bowl of jollof rice and fried fish.

Ha! Ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Ugbonma » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:55 pm

stellaukaoma wrote:
shaded wrote:When, as happened to me today, a guy whose yoruba accent is thicker than mine tells me that his parents are from Nigeria but he was born here. By the way the guy was in the office kitchen heating up a plastic bowl of jollof rice and fried fish.

Ha! Ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually read online where this igbo dude claimed he is from DC (just bcos he was born here) but his folks are from western Africa~ nigeria. :-D

I also met another guy at a party over this weekend (he's edo); he's visitin and is currently a student of UNILAG. this dude claimed that nija is not him, that it has neva being him (says he does not fit into te place), that he is better off in america or UK. this is a guy who has lived there all his life. some nijaz gotta wake up oooooo
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Ugbonma » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:57 pm

stellaukaoma wrote:when naija people fake the funk and sound like chickens in the throes of death

when a guy starts listing all his accomplishments 20 mins after meeting you

when a FGGC Alumni is like 'Oh, I don't keep in touch with any of our school girls" with pride

when adults throw adult-sized childish tantrums

when people (esp guys) step up to you with their pre-conceived notions and proceed to be very rude to you without even knowing you. Lets give people the benefit of the doubt abeg. If they turn out to be stuck -up, then you can treat them as such but not before please

when posers come up in here trying to tell us they are taking care of $1 million responsibility on their poverty-line paycheck. Oh give me a break!

when my anal-retentive manager reads my To do list (sittting jejely in my office) and has the nerve to make me explain them to her. Her only saving grace na say I need that residency certificate or I for curse am eh. :lol: :lol: :lol: (just thinking of all the curses we used to rain on her in our office)

when everybody brings all their questions to me and expect me to run around finding their answers. Shoot, last I checked I was a resident, not a manager.

Last one (you said 9, didn't you :D :D )
when I lost the bet to when Samir and Kate (my former co-residents) will start dating officially. They are a couple now but won't tell us when :evil: :evil:

.... just trying to make some interesting reads. Its really not that serious. :P :P

AM HATING #2 SO MUCH :x :evil:
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby horizon » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:33 am

ummmm....foooodddd!!!! ;-)
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby chizor » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:58 am

Having to explain to oyibo people that I've got extensions and that its not my hair, or having to explain how the extensions were sewn in.

When people try to jump a queue in a sly manner.

When a girl eyes you because she mistakenly thinks you're looking at her man. That thing annoys me eh!

Unnecessary bitching.

You ask someone the time and they say "5 to", "20 to", "10 past". etc. I'm like 20 to what? 10 past what?
Last edited by chizor on Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby blackie » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:25 am

Chizor your number one dey really pain me, esp. in London or other big cities where - for goodness sake oyibo ppl have been in contact with blacks for yonks. I think they're just forming and think it's cute to ask :x

Another hair-related one is when they want to insult themselves (not me) by asking how often I wash my hair. Imagine! I no blame dem, dey never jam ppl wey dey carry braids for six months solid without the hair smelling water!

I think though that my biggest bugbear is how the media never bother with differentiating one African country from another. This morning I was listening to the news on Madonna's adoption of a Malawian child and all I could hear was ..the child was taken out of Africa...bla bla bla and I felt like phoninig in to tell the news anchor off. But alas it was past seven am and my phone charges at that time are prohibitive... :-D
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby chizor » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:39 am

blackie wrote: But alas it was past seven am and my phone charges at that time are prohibitive... :-D

:lol: o girl...i feel you on that one one o! :smt023
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby shaded » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:06 am

chizor wrote:Having to explain to oyibo people that I've got extensions and that its not my hair, or having to explain how the extensions were sown in.

Oh I feel you on this one. I find myself not making drastic changes to my style cos I do not have the strength to explain why my hair has grown longer or shorter within a few weeks. IT IS EXHAUSTING. I can't wait to go on vacation and have a big, wild, red, mama jammer afro on my hair.
shaded
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Next

Return to Reunion