[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Advice? or not...

Advice? or not...

Are you searching for an alumna or you can help someone else located an alumna

Advice? or not...

Postby blackie » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:34 am

I've come across some really silly advice in my time, but I think this one takes the cake -I 'm busy planning a daytrip online and after I've keyed in my details, I get a return message with this warning:
Note: Certain combinations of outward and return journeys would result in you needing to leave your destination before arriving at it.

How far? How's that possible? Methinks you'd need to be a witch to achieve that feat...

..Or how I sat in a conference call last friday and someone uttered the words...'the word consistency has to be used with flexibility...' again, how's that possible? I just put it down to a case of an end-of-week temporary brain shutdown. He should thank his stars nobody could see his face!

Anyone out there who's encountered contradictory or silly sayings to share with us?

You can tell I'm jobless (booking daytrips, etc)
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Trish » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:31 pm

blackie hope it's going on well, i haven't made the calls yet though... pls keep me informed.

about the msg, u must have mistaken ticked an earlier arrival time to ur departure time since it's usually 24hr clock schedule - same thing happened to me when i was making my own enquiries.... abeg check well and pls keep me informed....

c ya!
Trish
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby sandy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:27 am

TALKING ABT CONTRADICTORY STATEMENTS, WE WERE PLANNING FOR A VALS. PROG. IN MA OFFICE, SO ONE OF D EVENTS TO SPICE UP D PROG. INCLUDED GETTING ARTISTS 2 PERFORM, WHEN ONE OF MA COLLEAGUES SUGGESTED THIS 21-YEAR OLD TEENAGER WHO PLAYS THE GUITAR.
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:18 am

:lol:
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby blackie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:57 am

Trish wrote:blackie hope it's going on well, i haven't made the calls yet though... pls keep me informed.

about the msg, u must have mistaken ticked an earlier arrival time to ur departure time since it's usually 24hr clock schedule - same thing happened to me when i was making my own enquiries.... abeg check well and pls keep me informed....

c ya!

girl, I just realised we've been planning this daytrip for nearly three years now, jeez!
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Return to Searching for Alumnae