[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php54/root/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - UK pound goes through $2 barrier

UK pound goes through $2 barrier

Discuss, Network with one another and you can advertise your business here.

UK pound goes through $2 barrier

Postby chizor » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:55 pm

The pound has moved through the $2 mark for the first time since 1992, as investors bet interest rates would have to rise to slow inflation.
Consumer prices rose by 3.1% in March, the Office for National Statistics said. The ONS also said that its retail price inflation rate rose to 4.8%.

Many economists consider an interest rate rise in May to be a certainty.

By late afternoon on Tuesday, one pound was worth $2.005, having been solidly above the $2 mark since late morning.

The stronger pound has been good news for British visitors to the US, but has made life more difficult for exporters.

Moving up

The last time the $2-level was breached was just before sterling dropped out of the Exchange Rate Mechanism in September 1992

more info:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6562743.stm
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:58 pm

Not surprised. It was real close.

Well good for you, chizor and the rest of you from the Uk, holidaying here. At least, you won't be fazed by the prices of baffs, at the mall when you come.
hey :smt102, what can I say...
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby blackie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:38 am

GBP goes through the $2 barrier...and comes crashing down again like the proverbial humpty dumpty (at $1.45). Still, Weruch, I hope that means you guys are coming shopping this way then, right? :lol:
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby horizon » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:56 am

heyy.wait a minute, i just checked the net and its £1 to $1.46......no dey spread rumor
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby blackie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:38 am

horizon wrote:heyy.wait a minute, i just checked the net and its £1 to $1.46......no dey spread rumor

Oi! I don't need to tell you that the markets move by the second , do I? :lol:
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Return to Business