[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - matters arising...

matters arising...

Discuss, Network with one another and you can advertise your business here.

matters arising...

Postby uluisrare » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:10 am

i am starting this new thread for sistas out of naija who may want to invest, or who have Qs abt wots going on in the naija stock mkt, or who may have issues they want to find out more about wots going on in naija...
so, the main thing right now is dangote is selling shares, the last one they sold made a lot of pple richer... so u may want to invest in this... its going for 15naira a share and a dollar can buy about 10units and a pound about 20.... so i think if u set a little sth aside for this, the ROI (Return on Investment) wld be well worth it...
send me ur emails (maybe via pm) those interested and then, i'd send u the abridged prospectus...
i don't work for dangote, but i am going to buy the shares and i am like, hmmm let me share with my sistas...
so u guys let me know wot u think...
i started a new thread cos i am sure more things might come up which i shld let u guys know about and for as long as i am on this side of the atlantic, i will do it...
If swimming is so good for you why are whales so fat?
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby uluisrare » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:16 am

http://172.19.3.178/stock-report/Dangot ... alysis.pdf

i am not sure the link wld open externally... tell me if it does sha...
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Re: matters arising...

Postby adore » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:21 am

uluisrare wrote:i am starting this new thread for sistas out of naija who may want to invest, or who have Qs abt wots going on in the naija stock mkt, or who may have issues they want to find out more about wots going on in naija...
so, the main thing right now is dangote is selling shares, the last one they sold made a lot of pple richer... so u may want to invest in this... its going for 15naira a share and a dollar can buy about 10units and a pound about 20.... so i think if u set a little sth aside for this, the ROI (Return on Investment) wld be well worth it...
send me ur emails (maybe via pm) those interested and then, i'd send u the abridged prospectus...
i don't work for dangote, but i am going to buy the shares and i am like, hmmm let me share with my sistas...
so u guys let me know wot u think...
i started a new thread cos i am sure more things might come up which i shld let u guys know about and for as long as i am on this side of the atlantic, i will do it...

Great information, thank you Uluisrare, but unfortunately, the link is not opening, can u check it?
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.(civil rights leader)
adore
Senior Student
Senior Student

Postby uluisrare » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:28 am

awww sorry... ok, pm me ur email adds lemme send the prospectus and the info on the link to ur boxes...
and then u can reply on this page (cos when u mail back somf of ur anon status might be broken, so as i am not interested in knowing who is who, just reply thru this site...)
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Omar » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:56 pm

lubiz good info gurl, send me more info on this
It is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that shows mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Omar
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby uluisrare » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:40 am

Omar wrote:lubiz good info gurl, send me more info on this

nhia!!!!!!! u r so shabarised.... as if have not sent u the info already... shaba!!!!! lol
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby darinka » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:51 am

Hi Adore, plz check your signature for one little correction.
Love,
darinka
< God loves me immensely (John 3:16)
HE thinks about me all the time. Ps.139:17-18
HE knows my name. John 10:13
Therefore, I am not anonymous to God.
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby uluisrare » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:24 am

Supreme Court removes Rivers Governor

•Orders Amaechi be sworn-in
•No grudge over ruling –Omehia
SUPREME Court of Nigeria yesterday ordered Chief Celestine Omehia, who was sworn on May 29, 2007 as Rivers State governor, to vacate the office immediately.
The apex court also ordered that immediate past Speaker of the state’s House of Assembly Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi be sworn in immediately as state governor because he was the authentic candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) which was returned as winner of the April 2007 election in the state.
Already, Amaechi has welcomed the Supreme Court ruling affirming him as the authentic candidate of PDP for the April 2007 governorship election in the state as victory for democracy and the rule of law.
Amaechi, in a statement signed by the state’s commissioner for information during Governor Peter Odili’s regime Magnus Abe said there was "no victor, no vanquished", in the case.
Abe said that Amaechi had expressed readiness to work with everybody in the state explaining that the legal battle on the governorship matter was not on personal grounds but for the preservation of democracy.
He commended the people of the state for their steadfastness and prayers, promising to serve the state in a way that the residents would be happy and fulfilled.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court’s decision removing Omehia and installing Amaechi came in a unanimous ruling on a lingering petition brought by Amaechi challenging his party’s substitution of his name as the nominated governorship candidate with that of Omehia.
Presiding Justice Aloysius Katsina-Alu who gave the order in a unanimous judgment of seven justices of the apex court, noted that PDP did not follow the prescriptions set out in section 34 (2) of the Electoral Act, 2006, in substituting Amaechi’s name for Omehia in the said election.
After hearing the submissions made by leading counsel in the appeal filed by Amaechi, Justice Katsina-Alu, who led his colleagues to immediately make the court’s verdict known, said the reasons for arriving at the decision would be made public on January 18, next year.
He stated that the narrow issues canvassed by the counsel bordered on an earlier decision of the court in the case involving Chief Charles Ugwuh and Sen. Ifeanyi Araraume, Imo State, in which the court decided that substituting the name of a candidate within 60 days must fully comply with the letters of section 34 (2) of the Electoral Act, adding that simply stating that it was an error did not satisfy the letters of the Act.
"In this case, the same reasons were relied upon by the counsel to which this court declared that inscribing the word "error" did not satisfy the requirements of the Electoral Act.
Deciding on the arguments put forward by the counsel to Omehia, PDP and Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that Amaechi was indicted by a panel of inquiry, the Supreme Court declared that "the submissions of the respondents are untenable because no indictment against Amaechi exists or is known to law.
"There is no indictment that applied against the applicant (Amaechi); indeed, he was never charged before any court of law.
"He (Amaechi) remains the governorship candidate of PDP in Rivers state in the 14th April, 2007, governorship election," the Supreme Court declared.
Giving its judgment on the arguments canvassed by the respondents that Omehia was covered by constitutional immunity (Section 308 of the constitution); "the section is not tenable because the wrong upon which the action emanated, did not inure to the 2nd respondent (Omehia)".
On why the apex court had to take a final decision on the matter, Justice Kastina-Alu stated that having declared the appellant (Amaechi) the candidate of PDP in the election, every legal consequential question should be answered.
"It is my view that the candidate of the PDP in the election was the appellant (Amaechi). In the eyes of the law, he was the candidate and should be deemed to have won the election.
"The court has the right to grant reliefs to do substantial justice without regard to technicalities. The only way to ensure that his rights are restored is to declare that he (Amaechi), not the 2nd respondent (Omehia) must be deemed to have won the election.
"The decision of the court of appeal fails and is hereby set aside. I hereby declare the appellant (Amaechi) the one entitled to be on the seat of the governor of Rivers state.
"Chief Celestine Omehia should immediately vacate the office of the governor of Rivers state while the appellant, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, should immediately be sworn in as governor of the state. I make no order as to costs. The reasons for arriving at this decision will be given on 18th January, 2008", Justice Katsina Alu said.
Reacting to the decision, leading counsel to Amechi, Chief Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), said the judgment was an indication that the judiciary remained the last hope of the common man.
On his part, Messrs. Joseph Daudu (SAN), Omehia’s lawyer and Joe Kyari Gadzama (SAN), INEC’s lawyer, said they would abide by the court’s decision as they have no other option.
Thousands of political watchers who thronged the court including Mr. Emmanuel Onwubike, a governing council member of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), applauded the Supreme Court justices for their forthrightness and exhibition of independence.
Sacked Rivers State governor, Sir Celestine Omehia, has described the Supreme Court ruling removing him from office as an act of God.
Reacting to the apex court judgement, Omehia through his Commissioner for Information, Emma Okah, said that he bore no grudge against anybody over the turn of event.
He called on the people of the state to support the government of Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, stressing that the interest of the state was above personal ambitions.

sorry i don't have a link for this, but for those of u who usually come in to the east from outside naija, good news, ENUGU airport is now going to be made an int'l airport...!!!!1 isn't that lovely... i saw it in the papers and didn't have the time to search for the link (well, i tried but didn't find the link ;-) )
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:59 am

darinka wrote:Hi Adore, plz check your signature for one little correction.
Love,
darinka

dnt know why, but this made me laugh.

Meanwhile, e bi link say rinkus don go annual leave..... :-D
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:59 am

@Uluisrare- tnx for teh info...
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:17 am

Zobbs, abeg quit confusing my head wif ur kpums... :smt101 :smt101 :smt101

Ulum, great info on the Enugu airport stuff, way to keep us posted. ;-)
About the Port Harcourt issue. I pray he is the right person to help bring about a much needed change to the area. It is not just about occupying office but about filling the office... 8O
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby sandy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:39 am

THIS GOVT SEEMS TO BE GOOD....WELL, SO NAIJAS THINK. DUBY U A RIGHT, HOPE HE DOES THE WORK REQUIRED.
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby uluisrare » Sat May 31, 2008 4:21 pm

uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:53 pm

American movie scene's need to take some queues from regular naija drama... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad but true daily occurrences... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby sandy » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:31 pm

dubem wrote:American movie scene's need to take some queues from regular naija drama... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:) :D
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Next

Return to Business