[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Uninvited comments

Uninvited comments

Discuss, Network with one another and you can advertise your business here.

Uninvited comments

Postby shaded » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:18 pm

Have you guys experienced situations where you are jejely minding your business and someone just throws a comment at you that tries to discolour your day? Well I just experienced one.

There is this Niger security guard that works in my building. As per we are both Nigers am always civil - hello, hi, weather that kind of talk. Na so I dey enter building o and this guy with everyone there and in a loud voice said.....wait for it.....I SEE THAT YOU HAVE ADDED A LOT OF WEIGHT. In my shock you won't believe what my response was. I actually said thank you. Now am wondering what kind of weight I have added that qualifies as a lot of weight. We just do not have that kind of relationship and to say it in such a public manner. One of my colleagues actually felt the need to reassure me that it was not true.

It is not his fault.....wetin I fit do this bobo o. Revenge suggestions very welcome.
Last edited by shaded on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaded
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby controller » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Nne what of agba! u do not need to do anything guess he just wanted to be noticed. So do it the "agba" way.
controller

Re: Uninvited comments

Postby adore » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:44 pm

shaded wrote:Have you guys experienced situations where you are jejely minding your business and someone just throws a comment at you that tries to discolour your day? Well I just experienced one.

There is this Niger security guard that works in my building. As per we are both Nigers am always civil - hello, hi, weather that kind of talk. Na so I dey enter building o and this guy with everyone there and in a loud voice said.....wait for it.....I SEE THAT YOU HAVE ADDED A LOT OF WEIGHT In my shock you won't believe what my response was. I actually said thank you. Now am wondering what kind of weight I have added that qualifies as a lot of weight. We just do not have that kind of relationship and to say it in such a public manner. One of my colleagues actually felt the need to reassure me that it was not true.

It is not his fault.....wetin I fit do this bobo o. Revenge suggestions very welcome.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:, Shaded this is funny,
thats why he is a nigerian, just count it, I hv just realized that so many nigerians are fond of saying it to your face that you have added weight, not right if you may ask me, thats rude but the thing is that some of them or all of them in this habit dont know its rude. Again he may be seeking attention. annoying
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.(civil rights leader)
adore
Senior Student
Senior Student

Postby darinka » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:48 pm

Shaded, perhaps his intention was not to hurt you when he remarked
that you have added a lot of weight. He's a Nigerian, and he thinks
he's paying you compliments when he said that. This thing is cultural.
It's normal you're hurt, perhaps he doesn't even know that such a thing can hurt. Or it may be the clothes you wore that day that made you
look like you added some kilos. My jeans do that to me! Cheer up :lol:
< God loves me immensely (John 3:16)
HE thinks about me all the time. Ps.139:17-18
HE knows my name. John 10:13
Therefore, I am not anonymous to God.
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby paije » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:58 pm

a similar thing happened to me o!
my dears i went to see one of my friends and i asked the gateman(abi security guy) if i was in the right house and told him who i wanted to see.
he looked at my face and was like 'what are u using for ur face?'
abeg was it my fault that on that fateful day like 5 juicy pimples just appeared on my face?
see me see wahala o!
and u need to c d way d guy looked at me like i had a disease
just because of acne kwa?
:evil:
paije
Junior Student
Junior Student

Postby dubem » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:09 pm

Paije, I can't even begin to laugh... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby adore » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:30 pm

paije wrote:a similar thing happened to me o!
my dears i went to see one of my friends and i asked the gateman(abi security guy) if i was in the right house and told him who i wanted to see.
he looked at my face and was like 'what are u using for ur face?'
abeg was it my fault that on that fateful day like 5 juicy pimples just appeared on my face?
see me see wahala o!
and u need to c d way d guy looked at me like i had a disease

just because of acne kwa?
:evil:

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 , wow, he could not hold it bu task, :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 pls am in the library you guys will make them ask me to leave here, pls enough, infact am closing this site for now
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.(civil rights leader)
adore
Senior Student
Senior Student

Postby Ugbonma » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:19 pm

Naijaz are fond of making rude remarks.........
On the first week of school, I met this immature nija dude who was shocked to see me and exclaimed.......... "are u still here? I thot u were outta here ooooo, u've been here for a long time"!!!!!!!!! All i told him was that he shouldn't worry about me, that i don't need to be his business
The fool went on to add that he was building a house in nija, I was like WHO CARES MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! leave me aone

About the weight issue, its so common for nijaz to make comments about it right to your face. It is very rude but sometimes you just gotta ignore them
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby paije » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:28 pm

Ugbonma wrote:
About the weight issue, its so common for nijaz to make comments about it right to your face. It is very rude but sometimes you just gotta ignore them

ohh u people r bringing back bad memories for me o!
dats how one random woman in the salon was commenting on how my sis and i look alike.

random woman: heyy u people look like twins its just that one of u is slim and the other one is FAT'
me:huh(*sending daggers*) :twisted:

nhia!my people o i was a uk size 12! 8O
since when did size 12 become FAT?
is it my fault i have a round face?
hold me o!
paije
Junior Student
Junior Student

Postby Omar » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:59 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D you all are so funny, hahahahahahahha, cld not stop laughing, that nig for you ohh, quite peeving, many of them dnt know what is appropraite to say and what is not, hahaha, pls spare them, its ignorance.
Ugbo that was a smart response to the guy hahahaha, am just imagining in my head..
It is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that shows mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Omar
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Aisha » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:31 pm

paije wrote:
Ugbonma wrote:

ohh u people r bringing back bad memories for me o!
dats how one random woman in the salon was commenting on how my sis and i look alike.

random woman: heyy u people look like twins its just that one of u is slim and the other one is FAT'
me:huh(*sending daggers*) :twisted:

nhia!my people o i was a uk size 12! 8O
since when did size 12 become FAT?
is it my fault i have a round face?
hold me o!

Lol, your posts always have me dying with laughter.
Don't tell me what you believe in. I'll observe how you behave and make my own determination. - Alex Trebec
Aisha
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby dubem » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:10 pm

Yea nigerians are accustomed to making sly comments about peoples weight. I have learned to ignore, especially my moms. She doesn't even bother anymore. When she asks me if I am getting slimmer or fatter, I just tell her that I am fine the way that I am and she has learned to just cut it at that or else...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

One Christmas like that, I spent in DC at my Aunt's house, na so people were commenting on their new years resolutions o. Na so my momsie come say, "Dum, I hope urs is to loose some weigth this yr o" I looked her square in the eye, I was so fed up of it all that I said... "I wonder whom I got it from" She started to put me through a lecture of how she was very slim till she had all her children and such...

Na so wahala come burst :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Needless to say, I ran for my life after that :D

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby darinka » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:30 pm

Dubs, you're even lucky you have a mum who is concerned about
your slimming down. Mine is the opposite; always wanting me to eat
this and this and that, so that I'll "look healthy and full from head to
toe"; as if I don't have enough excess pounds to fight off. :lol: :lol:
< God loves me immensely (John 3:16)
HE thinks about me all the time. Ps.139:17-18
HE knows my name. John 10:13
Therefore, I am not anonymous to God.
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby dubem » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:34 pm

My dear, I noticed that no man can make u do what u don't want to do. If u have fat genes u just have to work as hard, no amount of comments will make u loose weight. It wil only end up building resnetment. That is why I took on weight loose as a personal goal not as soomething someone else if forcing down my throat o. That is a hard pill to take :-D

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Ugbonma » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:35 pm

dubem wrote:Yea nigerians are accustomed to making sly comments about peoples weight. I have learned to ignore, especially my moms. She doesn't even bother anymore. When she asks me if I am getting slimmer or fatter, I just tell her that I am fine the way that I am and she has learned to just cut it at that or else...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

One Christmas like that, I spent in DC at my Aunt's house, na so people were commenting on their new years resolutions o. Na so my momsie come say, "Dum, I hope urs is to loose some weigth this yr o" I looked her square in the eye, I was so fed up of it all that I said... "I wonder whom I got it from" She started to put me through a lecture of how she was very slim till she had all her children and such...

Na so wahala come burst :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Needless to say, I ran for my life after that :D

Ur mom is so hilarious even though I feel you may not have found her comments that day very funny
I guess moms are usually like that though, they are very sensitive when it comes to their daughters and weight gain/loss, they are ready to talk about it anywhere anytime :D :D :-D :-D
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Next

Return to Business