[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Financial Tips

Financial Tips

Discuss, Network with one another and you can advertise your business here.

Financial Tips

Postby stellaukaoma » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:22 pm

Just thought this would be a good place to share financial ideas or tips.

Open a internet savings account with INGdirect or some other internet bank. The interest rate is 4.4% and there is no minimum deposit.
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby igoloa » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:25 pm

how secure is it? because you know what ever you do on the internet should just be considered unsafe because someone can hack you info any time so becareful :D
igoloa
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby stellaukaoma » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:42 pm

Well, not being a computer expert or anything, I think its as safe as other online banking. Honestly, right now I do 99% of my banking online so I'm assuming one is just as safe as the other.
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby missE » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:48 pm

Yeah... their intrest rate is pretty high(compared to many), and it's not stagnant.
PEACE!
missE
Prefect
Prefect

Postby fresco » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:57 am

Yeah, a friend of my have an account with INGdirect. i don't really know everything about it but i heard that everything is done online. if you want to make tranaction, must be through another bank.
fresco
Junior Student
Junior Student

Postby weruche » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:03 am

Hmm...that's nice to know...someone already mentioned this to me.I look into it. I also do most of my banking and transactions, online...
Thnx!
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Ugbonma » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:55 pm

Hmmm interesting
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Kellyeva » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:47 pm

its safe and is getting good recommendations thus far. Ironically we all sit at home and do most of our transactions online but its scary when it boils down to opening the account online. weird kind of though :?
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Ugbonma » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:45 am

Thatz the aspect scaring me sha
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby igoloa » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:38 pm

any transaction you do on the internet is not secure i don't care what it is. the internet is so easy to hack for those who know how to do it. so pray they never remember you. :D
igoloa
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Ugbonma » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:52 pm

igoloa wrote:any transaction you do on the internet is not secure i don't care what it is. the internet is so easy to hack for those who know how to do it. so pray they never remember you. :D

Now dear, you've succeeded in scaring me off completely :-D
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby igoloa » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:51 pm

it is the truth my hubby is into computers/military and he constantly warns me about the dangers of using the computer it is very convenient but what you put in there can be easily retrieved by anybody who knows what they are doing and he has proved it to me several times so now i try to be very careful but you can never be too careful. :smt018 :D
igoloa
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Ugbonma » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:46 pm

igoloa wrote:it is the truth my hubby is into computers/military and he constantly warns me about the dangers of using the computer it is very convenient but what you put in there can be easily retrieved by anybody who knows what they are doing and he has proved it to me several times so now i try to be very careful but you can never be too careful. :smt018 :D

Thanks for the info dear. I've always known that its not totally reliable to put one's personal info on the internet. Sometimes though, we fail to understand how grave and overwhelming the consequences can be when one is a victim
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Aisha » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:30 pm

I actually have an ING account. I earn about 5.0 interest and it's FDIC insured so if anything were to happen I would be covered. I worked in a bank for several years and I encourage all my friends to open up one.
Don't tell me what you believe in. I'll observe how you behave and make my own determination. - Alex Trebec
Aisha
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby stellaukaoma » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:31 am

@ aisha, do u have any financial tips for us?
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Next

Return to Business