[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - CHINA LAUNCHES NIGERIAN SATELLITE

CHINA LAUNCHES NIGERIAN SATELLITE

Have questons on programming, hardware, software, etc. Find out more information about the latest gears, tools, software, etc. Also, your tech questions can be answered here.

CHINA LAUNCHES NIGERIAN SATELLITE

Postby chizor » Mon May 14, 2007 8:34 am

China has successfully launched a communications satellite for Nigeria.

More info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6653067.stm
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby igoloa » Mon May 14, 2007 8:50 am

very good, more jobs for our people :)
igoloa
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby darinka » Mon May 14, 2007 12:07 pm

I won't be surprised with all that China is doing in African countries, we wldn't be colonized by it in the future. Our leaders shd be careful how they accept all these innoncent-looking [/color[color=green]]"gifts". :?
< God loves me immensely (John 3:16)
HE thinks about me all the time. Ps.139:17-18
HE knows my name. John 10:13
Therefore, I am not anonymous to God.
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby dubem » Mon May 14, 2007 1:24 pm

Why think of Trojan horses when we got able men in our land?
See the brighter side lady :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good find Chizor, things like this make me happy.
I can see God's hands in it too (as in working things together for our good)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Mon May 14, 2007 1:25 pm

Nigeria has been experiencing a communications revolution in recent years, says the BBC's Alex Last, and is one of the fastest growing mobile phone markets in Africa and the world

:roll: :roll: because we are all about appearances, in naija. I call it misplaced priorities, when people are sporting several phones that cost $1000 and other things are lacking...( like top-up cards, for one :evil: )

Having a space programme is also symbolic of how Nigeria wants to be seen as a growing player on the world stage.

Critics say the majority of the population live in poverty and the internet can be made redundant by the simple fact that electricity is sporadic at best.

Still all about appearances. :smt011 :smt011

hopefully, some good will come out of it like employment opportunity. :smt102
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Mon May 14, 2007 1:41 pm

If used wisely, this can lead to a major breakthrough.

See how India is now handling most of America's customer service calls.
Can u imagine if Nigeria became India in Africa?

Let's think positive people. :P

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Mon May 14, 2007 1:50 pm

i agree with you. but with nigeria, the more you look, the less you see. what's the direct impact of this, on our economy? i say that while looking around for a change that the other satellite launch brought.
I only just learnt that we had launched a satellite, before. didn't know that, even though that's on me. But, at least, I should have noticed or heard of the great change that it did for our economy, after all the money that is plunged into the project.

i'm not a cynic, at all and hope some good will come out of it, but knowing nigeria, some fat person is sitting by and filling his pockets. that's why i don't get excited when i read things like this.

That's probably the difference between us and India. Our economy might be better, but the try to 1) educate their masses, which in turn places them in a position for employment.
How many percent of our masses are educated? Please give me a figure, cuz yet again, i'm not in the know....
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Mon May 14, 2007 1:57 pm

dubem wrote:
I can see God's hands in it too (as in working things together for our good)

i agree!
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Mon May 14, 2007 2:05 pm

On the issue of synergy....
I came across this website...
what do u guys think?
Good or bad idea?

http://www.britishcouncil.org/nigeria.htm

Weruche...I still dey find ya figures. ;-)

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby kk » Mon May 14, 2007 2:53 pm

dubem wrote:If used wisely, this can lead to a major breakthrough.

See how India is now handling most of America's customer service calls.
Can u imagine if Nigeria became India in Africa?

Let's think positive people. :P

My dear its about the same here...you call customer service and you get someone in Mumbai or Goa!!!
Enjoy life....You never live the same day twice!
kk
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby darinka » Mon May 14, 2007 3:09 pm

A Nation riddled with corruption will find it difficult to make a headway. God, plz help us all to have a change of mentality.
< God loves me immensely (John 3:16)
HE thinks about me all the time. Ps.139:17-18
HE knows my name. John 10:13
Therefore, I am not anonymous to God.
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby nkay » Mon May 14, 2007 11:07 pm

Please oh, make I ask.... Satellite for what???? I thought we had one up there like about seven years ago. Till now I don't know what its used for cos I've not heard anything or seen any changes. Even if its to use it and just pump bore-hole water for the country, make dem do am now eh, at least we'll know that we have a satellite in space that does something. No be to decorate 'space' and to "belong" we want abeg :roll: .
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Return to Technology