[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php54/root/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - TE-KI-NO-LORGI

TE-KI-NO-LORGI

Have questons on programming, hardware, software, etc. Find out more information about the latest gears, tools, software, etc. Also, your tech questions can be answered here.

Postby dubem » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:45 am

My dad told me about them and how he used to use it to send messages to my mom and stuff, he was in the military then... :-D

I don't know when they were used but I am sure I was quite young cause I have no recollection of them...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby blackie » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:22 am

dubem wrote:What about telegrams? :lol:
then postal mail, then emails and now text messaging...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first transatlantic telegraph cable crossed the Atlantic Ocean from Foilhommerum, Valentia Island, in western Ireland to Heart's Content, in eastern Newfoundland. The transatlantic cable bridged North America and Europe, and expedited communication between the two. Whereas it would normally take at least ten days to deliver a message by ship, it now took a matter of minutes by telegraph. Five attempts were made over a nine year period—in 1857, two in 1858, 1865, and 1866—before lasting connections were finally achieved by the SS Great Eastern with the 1866 cable and the repaired 1865 cable. Additional cables were laid between Foilhommerum and Heart's Content in 1873, 1874, 1880 and 1894. By the end of the 19th century, British-, French-, German- and American-owned cables linked Europe and North America in a sophisticated web of telegraphic communications.

What amazes me are the strides that technology often takes, even in the distant past. Fancy laying physical cables across a whole length of the Atlantic!

Now Bridges iI've got used to and I almost don't seem so mystified by them, but what I never cease to ponder (after I've gotten over the panic that used to seize me when driving through), is how come over a hundred years ago people actually built tunnels under the River thames, so that you can walk or drive underwater. Ehn? Hundres years plus and the tunnels are still going! 8O TEKI-NUZU!!!

Little things though that someone ought to invent, fast:

- Something that retracts the excess salt that you've put in your soup pot without having to flood the flipping thing with water

- something that quite literally opens up the ground to receive you after that all-important enbarassing moment, and spits you out again as soon as it's safe :lol:
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby chizor » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:44 am

blackie wrote:Little things though that someone ought to invent, fast:

- Something that retracts the excess salt that you've put in your soup pot without having to flood the flipping thing with water

- something that quite literally opens up the ground to receive you after that all-important enbarassing moment, and spits you out again as soon as it's safe :lol:

lol!!! check out the thread called

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE INVENTED? and add to it abeg.

Na there i dey collect my biz ideas. lol
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:56 am

Wayooooooo :D

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby uluisrare » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:55 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20227872/site/newsweek/

He was just 19... now he is 23 and he cld come up with this!!!!
wow!
If swimming is so good for you why are whales so fat?
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:02 pm

Nice one Ulu....

What about the 17 yr old that cracked the iPhone code?
He is off to college now and says that his next venture is to learn how to crack into the human brain.... 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Sounds like a modern day story of the Tower of Babel to me for some reason... :smt018
There are just some things that only God should know....

Anyway, here are his links...
http://www.atelier-us.com/hotnews/georg ... -230-.html
http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/
Last edited by dubem on Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby sandy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:51 am

WOULD LIKE A COMPATIBILITY DEVICE THAT CAN DETECT AND PAIR COUPLES TOGETHER, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE IN THE WORLD. :roll: :-)

NOW CHIZ DONT ASK ME TO POST IT ON [b]WHAT WOULD U..... THREAD [/b]:-D
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:17 am

Even the days of letter writing are gradually coming to an end.

Remember having to wait 2wks or so for letters and pictures to arrive?

Calenders, diaries? Anyone still buy 'em? Gradually being taken over by phones, etc....

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:32 am

How about going out for a walk?
that one is gradually going out of style too.
Folks are getting high off of the new Wii gadget that has so many games on it.
I heard a lady come on air on the radio to say that her daughter hated gym class and was gonna fail it cause part of the requirement was for her to walk for 20 mins every day. she didn't know how until she got the Wii for Christmas. Now she walks and exercises more than ever cause she can play the video games and see her motions on the TV screen and that engages her more than going outside for a walk 8O 8O 8O

Life is changing for real!

ps...I need a robot that can cook me dinner before I get home each day and give me a foot massage after work. :P

And Chizzy, ur letter from me is coming by snail mail not even regular mail for gbahalum o~

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby uluisrare » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:35 am

dubem wrote:And Chizzy, ur letter from me is coming by snail mail not even regular mail for gbahalum o~

eeeyah, chai! all these choko tales gone sour... eeyah.....
chai....
meanwhile dubs u wld not believe wot she has been tryna do behind ur back...!!!! and it is not with me o!!!!!!!!!!
chai! eeeeyaaaaa :P
If swimming is so good for you why are whales so fat?
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:40 am

uluisrare wrote:
dubem wrote:And Chizzy, ur letter from me is coming by snail mail not even regular mail for gbahalum o~

eeeyah, chai! all these choko tales gone sour... eeyah.....
chai....
meanwhile dubs u wld not believe wot she has been tryna do behind ur back...!!!! and it is not with me o!!!!!!!!!!
chai! eeeeyaaaaa :P

Ulu is ria...take ur time! This is 2008.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:54 am

Hahahahahaha
u 2 are funny!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ulum, no one can take my place o...
E no go apin!

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:38 am

I just read this article about inventions of 2008.
Great stuff a gwan.

Some of the inventions include:
1)A Running alarm - an alarm that ensures you get out of bed by running from you
:lol: :lol: :lol:

2)A self making bed - invented by someone who was lazy to make his bed :-D

3)A device that generates nose hairs to prevent inhaling polutants- this hair can be washed and re-used
(enyama! :? )

4)A device that dries garbage - eliminating bacteria from the garbage bin :P

5)A cozy blanket with sleeve - I like this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

6)An e-mail analyzer to determine whether the person you meet in the chat room is not a man pretending to be a woman or the other way around.
Fun stuff indeed!
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080402/switzerl ... .html?.v=1

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Previous

Return to Technology