[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - You've got text...

You've got text...

Have questons on programming, hardware, software, etc. Find out more information about the latest gears, tools, software, etc. Also, your tech questions can be answered here.

You've got text...

Postby dubem » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:45 am

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ ... cl=7350539

I was reading abi na viewing a news clip online today that talks about a Federal emergency system that will allow the Govt the capability of sending out a nationwide alert by way of text messaging of natural disasters, terrorist attacks or lost children.

It reminded me of a Jill Scott song about "Watching me" where she talks about the govt looking over us even when we are not aware...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJeYJi9vAcw

How do you feel about your privacy, are you aware that we are being watched, does this bother you?

Apparently, we have an option of opting out of this system.
I guess in more ways than none, we are inching ever so close to what we see on TV. Mass messages sent out and everyone seeing the same thing on TV, now text messages, what next? :o
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Prince » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:17 am

I’m surprised this article hasn’t received any attention. I think it’s a juicy topic, considering that Chidubem points it in the direction of personal privacy.

Now, to the matter at hand, I think it’s a nifty idea, text alerting the masses, that is. Besides alerting a large number of folks to an impending calamity, it has the potential of enlisting the general public in police work. As one of my great uncles used to say, “To before one is to before am.” If I had foreknowledge of a criminal heading in the direction of my turf, I would be in the position to impede his flight from justice.

Furthermore, a tip-off like that could save a lot of lives. If you are at work, you tear apart the building to get home to the kids. If you are just about to "leave out the door," back in you go to take care of family. Advance or early warning gives us that much time to plan or execute plans.

Privacy, what privacy? I don’t care a whole heap about my privacy. Besides my soul, every other thing that makes me who I am is already out there. My personality, tendencies, disposition, temperament, socialization, skills, talent, likes, and dislikes are all public knowledge. My social security number, date of birth, you name it; they’ve got it. Can anybody tell me what else I own that the public doesn’t already have?

The only privacy I care about is when I sit on my throne, doing my business. I’ll kill anyone walking in on me, with a slam of the door. I don’t care whom. Other than that, I don’t bat any eyelid over what else anyone sees. It’s all in the mind. In the words of a ghetto 'backroom" philosopher, “It’s mind over matter; if you don’t mind, it don’t matter.” Who remembers what Britney Spears’ undercarriage looks like anymore? It hasn’t slowed her any. As a matter of fact, people are still yearning for a piece of her cake, or shall I say, buns?

So, there, I’m for the tech that could save lives.
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby blackie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:17 am

Prince wrote: ... In the words of a ghetto 'backroom" philosopher, “It’s mind over matter; if you don’t mind, it don’t matter.” Who remembers what Britney Spears’ undercarriage looks like anymore? It hasn’t slowed her any. As a matter of fact, people are still yearning for a piece of her cake, or shall I say, buns?

I was just browsing throough old posts and this one jumped out and brought out a laugh from me again...our ex-friend prince surely had a way with words...
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Return to Technology