[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Senators, Reps to earn N229m as wardrobe allowance

Senators, Reps to earn N229m as wardrobe allowance

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

Senators, Reps to earn N229m as wardrobe allowance

Postby gloria » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:26 pm

I need to be in the national assembly! That’s where it’s happening!

The Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission has approved N229.31m as annual wardrobe allowance for members of the National Assembly.

The other allowances are for accommodation, furniture, car loan, car maintenance, personal assistants, domestic staff, entertainment, utility, recess, constituency, newspapers, and severance.

All the lawmakers are entitled to 200 per cent of their basic salary as accommodation allowance; 300 per cent for furniture; 400 per cent as car loan; 75 per cent for car maintenance; 25 per cent for personal assistants; and 75 per cent for domestic staff.

Their entertainment allowance is 30 per cent; utility,30 per cent; recess,10 per cent ; newspapers,15 per cent; and severance, 300 per cent.

While senators get 250 per cent of their basic pay as constituency allowance, members of the House of Representatives are entitled to 100 per cent.

Members of the state Houses of Assembly get 50 per cent; and councillors,15 per cent.

The 400 per cent car loan is refundable while the furniture allowance is for four-year tenure.

Other services not monetised are security and medical.

The President of the Senate is entitled to eight vehicles, including an ambulance as well as an estacode of $1,300, while his deputy will get four vehicles, including pilot and protocol. The Deputy President of the Senate also receives $790 estacode.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives will get seven vehicles, including an ambulance and $1,000 estacode, while the Deputy Speaker is entitled to four vehicles, including pilot and protocol. His estacode is $750.

On another note President Yar Adua has advised people coming to wish him well to stay away and allow him focus on his job.
gloria
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby weruche » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:41 pm

8O 8O My GOd! Glo, go try get appointment for there na...that's a lot of money!!!

I cracked up when I read that bit about Yar Adua asking them to allow him focus on his job! :lol: :lol: Like well-wishers will distract you!

But come oh, isn't this called over-funding? 8 vehicles...deputy, 4? How many can they use at a time?
It doesn't make sense oh!
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby gloria » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:47 pm

weruche wrote:8O 8O My GOd! Glo, go try get appointment for there na...that's a lot of money!!!

I'm trying! I'm trying!

Meanwhile about the Yar adua bit, i was made to understand that the Kaduna state governor led a 300-man delegation to go and 'greet' the new president who thanked them but said he would have preferred if they had stayed at home. that was when he said 'NO MORE WELL WISHERS PLEASE!!!'
gloria
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:50 pm

I believe that the cars mentioned are for the convoys that they use back home. Over here governors don't get convoys, only the president and ambassadors of state, I think...

We probably got that tradition from the British

weruche wrote:8O 8O My GOd! Glo, go try get appointment for there na...that's a lot of money!!!

I cracked up when I read that bit about Yar Adua asking them to allow him focus on his job! :lol: :lol: Like well-wishers will distract you!

But come oh, isn't this called over-funding? 8 vehicles...deputy, 4? How many can they use at a time?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby blackie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:34 pm

dubem wrote:I believe that the cars mentioned are for the convoys that they use back home. Over here governors don't get convoys, only the president and ambassadors of state, I think...

We probably got that tradition from the British

British ke! Over here they don't have governors. It's Central Government then it's Local government. And if you're a government minister and you have an official car, woe betide you if it's not a Toyota Prius...you will sotay explain yourself. Who born you to drive a luxury car on top taxpayers' money when when the rest of us are 'minding the gap' all over town? You will now come and have more than one? Go and ask John Prescott how he's fared with his '2 Jags' (the man has 2 jaguars - and I think one is his own o, but britiko no wan hear).

Naija we just dey too do, full stop. And our leaders are accountable to noone, so whydda heck not, they seem to ask :smt102
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:01 pm

So were we for learn am naa?
Thought it could be from the way the convoys parade the queen and her court around town o...

Then we come add our own twist come make am twice the size... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby darinka » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:27 am

It's all in line with a corrupt society. What else do you people expect? As it is teachers and civil servants in some states in the country are being owed months of salariess, not to mention the exceedingly high rate of unemployment. When wil our leaders put priorities right? :twisted:
< God loves me immensely (John 3:16)
HE thinks about me all the time. Ps.139:17-18
HE knows my name. John 10:13
Therefore, I am not anonymous to God.
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby onyi810 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:07 pm

Thats asolute robbery even news casters on NTA woun't dream of getting there evenwith a new government.

Accept no ones definition of you, Define yourself.
onyi810
Council Chair
Council Chair

Return to Politics