[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Three-year-old seized in Nigeria

Three-year-old seized in Nigeria

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

Three-year-old seized in Nigeria

Postby chizor » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:56 am

The three-year-old daughter of a British expatriate worker has been kidnapped by gunmen in the Niger Delta, Nigerian police have said.

For more info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6272676.stm
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:56 am

This is really sad. A whole 3 year old ajebo. I trust they'll release her though. Just hope they don’t assult her in anyway.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby darinka » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:47 pm

THIS IS TRULY DISHEARTENING AND MORESO SINCE THIS HIDEOUS ACT HAS STARTED TO INVOLVE CHILDREN INCLUDING TODDLERS. THIS IS A SHAME AND IF NOT CHECKED I WONDER WHAT WLD HAPPEN IN FUTURE. GOD PLEASE TAKE CARE OF NIGERIA :(
< God loves me immensely (John 3:16)
HE thinks about me all the time. Ps.139:17-18
HE knows my name. John 10:13
Therefore, I am not anonymous to God.
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby weruche » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:52 pm

These expatriates should reconsider working in the Niger Delta, for their own good. I doubt if it will get any better, cuz the govt. has no hold on these militants.

I think the girl's mother owns eitherToby Jug or Cheers bar in Ph and if you ask me, they were tipped-off...
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby horizon » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:47 am

i hear when these militants kidnap these ppl, they get paid some huge amount for their release, who knows they may b gettin high on this sort of offer...... but hopfully the little girl would come to no harm. the police shouldnt go doin any james bond moves with these militants cos the last one cost a british man his life.....

when will yar adua look into this matter??
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Trish » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:10 pm

it's soooooo sad... and very disgraceful,
everyday, when we think we're getting better, something happens, and then u reconsider identifying urself as nigerian in public!! only yesterday, some of my colleagues and i were talking at lunch time (took an extended lunch sef) about how nig seems to be improving... OK, THEY WERE ACTUALLY TRYING TO CONVINCE ME!!! then i logged on this morning b4 going to work, and what hit me on my homepage????? 3-yr old kidnapped in nigeria!! when i got to work, one of the women came to my desk and .... (of course some of her words during our conversation were: sshhhh, lower ur voice, don't let them hear us) VERY DISTASTEFUL!

Meanwhile yes, i'm from PH - see how dem dey disgrace us!!!!!! anyway, weting we go do now??? May God keep the little girl safe and sound until the ******* get their ransom and release her.

At least, one good thing though is that the kidnappers are hooligans out to make fast dough, they won't molest or possibly kill her like they do over here in the western world!!! MAY WE NEVER GET TO THAT, PLS GOD!!! BTW, what's the latest about little Maddy?? we haven't heard anything in a loooooooooooong time, it's sooooo sad!
Trish
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby darinka » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:55 pm

THOSE CRIMINALS HAVE GOT USED TO THE TASTE OF WHAT BIG MONEY CAN DO FOR THEM THAT IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE, EXCEPT FOR GOD'S INTERVENTION, HOW AND WHEN THIS PRB WILL END. JUST THIS EVENING THE BBC WORLD ANOOUNCED FANTASTIC SUMS DEMANDED BY SOME OF THESE GROUPS. A NIGERIAN GOVT REPRESENTATIVE PUT THE SUM AT 150 MILLION NAIRA FOR AN ADULT AND 10 MILLION NAIRA FOR A CHILD. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTOOD, THE FED GOVT IS SO CONFUSED NOW THAT IT DOESNT KNOW WHICH GROUP TO NEGOTIATE WITH SINCE THERE ARE SO MANY GROUPS, MANY OF WHICH ARE ONLY CONCERNED NOT WITH THE WELFARE OF THEIR PEOPLE BUT ONLY FOR THEIR OWN BANK ACCOUNTS. ITS A PITY THAT THE PRB WAS ALLOWED TO COME TO THIS. :twisted:
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby dubem » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:34 am

She has now been released, unharmed except for mosquito bites...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/07 ... index.html

Thank God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby darinka » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:00 pm

dubem wrote:She has now been released, unharmed except for mosquito bites...
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/07 ... index.html

Thank God.

CHUKWU DALU O
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby weruche » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:28 pm

I saw photos of the school the girl attends in GRA...that was the school guy and rae attended, in Nigeria 3 years ago- Educare International (the only international thing about it being that 98% were expatriates' kids :roll: ) and it brought it all back.
Port harcourt has become something else and what scares me most is the fact that even the Govt has no control. These thugs/ vigilante groups are lawless and can do anything. It's scary. Imagine sleeping at home and not being sure about tomorrow, or each time you hear gun-shots in fron t of your house. Now even outside your house, your family is targeted. My God.
I was sooo happy when i heard they left her unharmed, except for mosquito bites. Imagine if they abused her...poor child.
Last edited by weruche on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby horizon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:28 pm

thank GOD. how much did they get?
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby dubem » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:33 pm

They returned her for no ransom :P

Weruche na God dey keep us for dis evil society wey we dey :(

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:36 pm

dubem wrote:They returned her for no ransom :P

(

baby girl, i IM'd u o! How far?

meanwhile, do u really believe that? i trust that they would have had to pay something.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:38 pm

weruche wrote: Imagine if they abused her...poor child.

For some reason, i had no doubt in my mind that they wont abuse the kid. Its money our people want. Greed, poverty etc.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:05 am

My dear, all papers including CNN said that they returned her without paying out nada.

I thank God shaa...
Since they were looking to target the guy from the start, e be like say him and im family should lay low for a while.

Like I said earlier, na God dey save us from the hands of evil and evil men on a daily.

They say when she was released, she was in a daze. I pray say dem no jazz am o 8O
Last edited by dubem on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Next

Return to Politics