[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Three-year-old seized in Nigeria

Three-year-old seized in Nigeria

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

Postby chizor » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:14 am

dubem wrote:They say when she was released, she lwas in a daze. I pray say dem no jazz am o 8O

I no blame the chic o! How she no go be in a daze? I heard she was kept in a hot somewhere. You think say na everybody wey don see hot? ;-)
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:16 am

Chai :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:44 am

This is yet another kidnapping but this time, I read within this post that the father to the 3 yrs old that was kidnapped two months ago died of kidney failure... :(

Politician's mother kidnapped in southern Nigeria by Gabriel Ademola Bablola
Tue Aug 14, 10:43 AM ET

LAGOS (AFP) - Gunmen on Tuesday abducted the mother of a state lawmaker in volatile southern Nigeria -- the latest in a spate of kidnappings targetting the children and elderly parents of local politicians.

Jonah Okah, the spokesman for the Bayelsa state legislature, said Laura Canus, the mother of lawmaker Amalayon Yousuo, was seized from her home. The kidnappers have yet to make contact with her family.

At the same time, Okah said kidnappers had set free Daniel Benjamin, the 11-year-old son of a female legislator, after he was abducted a week ago.

Benjamin was snatched from his bed by gunmen who broke through the roof. A 21 million naira (162,000 dollar) ransom was demanded from the parents and it was not immediately clear if the money was paid.

The latest incidents in Bayelsa came amid a security crackdown on a deadly eruption of gang warfare in the capital of neighbouring Rivers state, Port Harcourt.

Estimates for the number killed the violence, which peaked on Saturday when gang members destroyed a filling station and a radio station, have varied from four to 20.

After Defence Staff chief General Patrick Azazi and police chief Mike Okiro were despatched to Port Harcourt on Saturday, security forces stepped up stop-and-search operations and raided dozens of suspected gang hideouts.

By Monday shops and banks had re-opened and residents on Tuesday said life in the city was almost business as usual.

Police said they had brought a state lawmaker, Amakiri Otelemagba, in for questioning Tuesday after some of his election campaign posters were discovered in a vehicle that presumed gang members were using to ferry arms and ammunition through town.

The Niger Delta kidnappings of expatriate oil workers by militant groups that started to make headlines in early 2006 have subsided somewhat since President Umaru Yar'Adua came to power in late May.

But the heat appears to have shifted to wealthy Nigerians as increasingly unscrupulous criminal gangs seize small children and the elderly in an attempt to extort ransom money from their relatives.

The 70-year-old mother of a prominent Bayelsa politician was seized from her home in Yenagoa on July 24 by gunmen who later demanded 50 million naira (384,000 dollars) from her son.

Earlier the same month gunmen seized the son of the customs chief of Rivers state from the family home outside Port Harcourt.

On July 12, kidnappers snatched Samuel Amadi, the two-year-old son of a traditional chief in Port Harcourt while he was being driven to school. They released him the following day, but it was not clear if a ransom demand was met.

Amadi's abduction came exactly a week after three-year-old Margaret Hill, was kidnapped in similar circumstances in Port Harcourt. She was freed on July 8 and her parents said no money changed hands. Her British oil worker father Mike died last week, allegedly from a kidney ailment.

Even as the security forces struggle to contain the fresh violence the region's most high-profile militant group, the Movement for Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) on Monday threatened to end its current truce and resume raids on oil targets in Africa's leading petroleum producer.
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby uluisrare » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:04 am

hmmm it is so well o....
If swimming is so good for you why are whales so fat?
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:11 am

Nigeria kidnap girl's father dies ..

The father of a three-year-old British girl who was kidnapped in Nigeria has died a month after her ordeal.
The family of County Durham-born Michael Hill, 60, said they believed the stress of daughter Margaret's abduction had triggered a heart attack.

She was snatched by gunmen, who later demanded a ransom, as she went to school and held for four days.

Mr Hill, an oil worker in Nigeria, had offered to hand himself over in exchange for Margaret.

The Foreign Office confirmed he had died at home in Port Harcourt, Nigeria, on 8 August as a result of a medical condition.

Mr Hill had moved to Nigeria a decade ago.

He was operations director for the US oil company Lone Star and ran a karaoke bar with his third wife, Oluchi, also known as Tina.

His funeral is expected to take place in Port Harcourt.

Mr Hill had planned to return to Murton, County Durham, for a family reunion.

His sister, Catherine Duffy, of Murton, told the Northern Echo newspaper: "We all can't help but think it was that terrible ordeal which has triggered his death."

She added she had spoken to Oluchi, who agreed.

Mrs Duffy said: "She is very low and she confirmed to us that his death certificate stated he had died of a heart attack."

Mrs Duffy said she hoped to arrange a memorial service in County Durham.
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby horizon » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:15 am

ah ah!! is this the guy married to the naija lady? na wa o, i never hear am for news here o. this is sad oh...
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Previous

Return to Politics