[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Election 2008 where do u stand...

Election 2008 where do u stand...

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

Election 2008 where do u stand...

Postby dubem » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:16 pm

Who in here is able to vote next yr...
If you can, who do u vote for?

What are the issues?
The debates have begun.

For the Democrats seems the candidates are either Hillary or Obama
Check out this article:
http://walktaken.com/2007/02/22/oprah-supports-obama/
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnoth ... 17752.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:54 pm

Here are some more links:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suberton/846210553/

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2007/05/0 ... tmod_link1

http://pendletonpundits.blogspot.com/20 ... obama.html

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/streato ... OGFFDM3MPM

Questions:
Would you support a candidate just cause Oprah said so?
What qualities do u look for in a presidential candidate?

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Prince » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:40 pm

I stand behind Senator Clinton. She trumps Obama in every category except standing on the podium and looking pretty. In this dog-eat-dog world of global politics, good looks can only get you but so far.

As if her personal achievements, and vast experience were not enough, Mrs. Clinton, just for good measure, towers over Mr Obama by the fact that she not only apprenticed with the most dominating political power house we've seen in a long time, but was also co-pilot in the days of Bill Clinton as Governor and President.

Going into the much celebrated Super Tuesday, this is how they stand.

Clinton: 4 states (New Hampshire, Navada, Michigan, Florida)
Obama: 2 states (Iowa, South Carolina)
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby shaded » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:25 am

Please don't count states where delegates votes are annulled - Florida and Michigan. It is currently a draw. GO OBAMA GO. How do you claim experienced based on what your spouse did. I guess doctors' wives should start operating.
shaded
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby blackie » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:48 am

shaded wrote:Please don't count states where delegates votes are annulled - Florida and Michigan. It is currently a draw. GO OBAMA GO. How do you claim experienced based on what your spouse did. I guess doctors' wives should start operating.

Shaded you won't kill me :lol: :lol: I 've been thinking same all along, she can't really clain to have been running the whitehouse with him just because she's his wife?

Anyway my own is that if American politics have the power to affect the rest of us so strongly, methinks we should get to vote too...yes! Like somebody here said, the business of who sits in the white house is too important to leave to americans alone... :roll:

Prince baba, this 2008 go good o, as we don hear ya neck again. Welcome back in full force!

Me I support Obama sha
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Prince » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:17 pm

Oh, Blackie, nta m, o-ga adiri gi mma. I just hope that how 2008 turns out isn’t dependent on me. If it were so, you know we all are in deep trouble.

Regarding Mrs. Clinton, she was a co-president, if you must know. In his first inaugural speech, Bill Clinton said that America “hired two presidents for the price of one,” his words. Believe it or not, some of Bill’s initiatives were her idea. Have you forgotten that the failed Universal Health Plan was her project?

Remember, all she said when Bill admitted having spilled some cream on Monica's dress was, “You stupid!” You know she wasn’t talking about bill’s indiscretion. It wasn’t the first time my man had been blown off a bridge by the flare of a skirt. Her remark was trained on the fact that Bill had ruined the plan that was hatched in Arkansas, her climb to the presidency after him. It was not necessarily because of Bill’s missteps, but because she defended Mr. Clinton vigorously, and even called it a big Republican conspiracy, which it was, only to be blindsided by the admission. She was made a liar of.
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Prince » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:54 pm

shaded wrote:Please don't count states where delegates votes are annulled - Florida and Michigan. It is currently a draw. GO OBAMA GO. How do you claim experienced based on what your spouse did. I guess doctors' wives should start operating.

Oh no, sis, I wasn’t counting the delegates. I was numbering the states favoring the candidates. You are at liberty to count the winnings any way you prefer, but if you really wanna know how they stand in the delegate count, check these links out.
http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08dem.htm

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elec ... N=POLITICS

It might well be true that the delegate count in those states was stripped. The states were “punished” for having their primaries ahead of the Democrats’ schedule. That’s all, no more, no less. There were no election, state, or federal laws broken. You should be able to get a good laugh out of that one.

Even so, works are underway, behind the scenes, to rescind that decision. If it is not, consider the ramifications. Michigan comes with 156 delegates, while Florida has 210, totaling 366. To win the Democratic nomination, a candidate requires 2,025 delegates. Suppose, at the convention, it’s a tie between Clinton and Obama, how do you propose they resolve the stalemate, with 366 votes out in limbo?

Here’s another one. Let’s say at the convention, Hillary loses by maybe a hundred delegates. Do you really wanna envision the type of lawsuits that may ensue? The Hillary camp will sue. Both Michigan and Florida will sue for having their constitutional rights to the determination of their president unjustly stripped. And whom will they sue? The Democratic Party, that’s whom. Please help me compute the amount of money that may be expended in this futile and wasteful venture.

Now, if in the unlikelihood the Dems succeeded in disenfranchising Michigan and Florida, do you think it’s gonna go away? What if the two states react by boycotting the general election? That would tilt the deck in favor of the Republicans. Worse still, they could all vote Republican, to teach the party a lesson. You feel me?

Regarding the Doctor’s wife analogy, I’d say it could use a turn or two of the screwdriver. My answer is yes, a doctor’s wife can “operate” if she is qualified and certified. Her husband being a doctor should not be an impediment, but an asset, as they can lean and rely on each other. I say Mrs. Clinton, although a doctor’s wife, is a surgeon herself. If she weren’t qualified to be president she wouldn’t have become a candidate.
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 am

Prince prince, imagine the effrontery? :-D
Anyway, well thought out speech.

Shaded, with the way the elections are going, we may all start operating o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, as for me, I think it is going to be a very close race that may call for some major recounts... :P

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby zika_anoka » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:17 am

All u vote counters... :roll: :roll:

wetin una wan talk now dat Obama is in the lead...

May the God appointed person win ohhhh :!: :!:
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby shaded » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:41 am

Prince - good to have your blue ink back and detailed analysis. BTW - the Dems all agreed when some people thought they were going to win that Florida and Michigan would not be counted. In addition Hilary was the only name on the ballot in Michigan.

Anyway, no be my papa house. I no even fit vote. Obama just moves something in me (please do not ask)
shaded
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:00 am

Ehn, Shaded? 8O 8O 8O
Explain urself o :o

shaded wrote:Anyway, no be my papa house. I no even fit vote. Obama just moves something in me (please do not ask)

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby shaded » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:33 pm

@Dubem - Madam I told you not to ask. Curiousity and the cat
shaded
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:04 pm

If curiosity kill am, satisfaction go return am....
Since cat no dey die
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Prince and all others who are politically savvy...
What do u think about this new Hillary campaign catch phrase of
"change you can Xerox" 8O 8O 8O

If the guy says he got permission to use the lines, is that still the same as plagiarism since he didn't quote the original speaker? :P

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Prince » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Oh yeah, that drew a chuckle out of me. It was sharp enough to perpetuate the laugh lines for a moment or so. In my opinion, that is all it’s good for. I doubt it’s gonna make a whole heap of difference.

People do it all the time in speeches and stuff. I can hardly call a line or two, borrowed by someone, and not used in literary work, plagiarism. I think it’s just political sparring. Unfortunately, the press is gonna take it and run.

Clinton’s candidacy is sinking. It is sad. As much as I’m proud of Obama’s accomplishment, and very much desire for him to be president, being a USDA Grade “A,” Doctor recommended, Surgeon General approved black man that I am, the fact of the matter makes if difficult to swallow. It’s good for historical landmarks. But whether his presidency is good got the Blackman’s lot, is something I need the Hubble telescope to see clearly.

Every plan of his, designed to benefit the common man, will be unduly scrutinized and hung on the neck of democrats as “tax-and-spenders.” His relationship with some nations, which is critical if hostilities against the US are to be minimized, will be deemed as fueled by ulterior motivates. But most importantly, every loco from the loony bin will grab a gun in an attempt to bag him a nigger pres.

Martin Luther King fought for the end of racial segregation. His efforts were monumental and incomparable. But he did not make it happen. It took a white President, Congress, and Senate to make it happen. It takes white people to make things happen for us, just as it took people like Pres Carter and Clinton to liberate South Africa. Left to Britain, Mandela would have rotted in jail, and no one would bat an eyelid.

Obama’s run on change is a run on hope. Can anybody realistically tell me what he’s gonna change, as a black Pres? Will he change the prevailing hypocrisy that is the US foreign policy? Will he reverse our god-fatherhood of Israel? Is he gonna recognize Osama bin Laden as a freedom fighter and liberator? Is he gonna abolish the welfare system? Is he gonna shut down the wasteful and futile space program? Is he gonna redeem us from the largest taxation in the world? Just what is he gonna change about American policy, with the House and the Judiciary looking over his shoulder?

Beating McCain is an impossible feat. But, if he does, what happens next? The Republicans will take him to the wood shade, to ensure his one-term presidency. They are afraid of Clinton. Otherwise, can anybody explain why Republicans, even the KKK, the prime hater of Blacks, are all striving to make certain she loses to Obama? We can wish, we can hope, but these are reality.
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Next

Return to Politics