[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Hold on to My Mother

Hold on to My Mother

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

Hold on to My Mother

Postby chizor » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:25 pm

The gunmen who kidnapped the mother of the Speaker of the Bayelsa House of Assembly have demanded a ransom of N50 million before they will release the 70-year-old woman.
But the Speaker, Hon. Werinipre Seibarugu, has called the bluff of the kidnappers, asking them to keep her if they so wished

more info: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=84934

what do you guys think?
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby nkay » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:38 pm

:smt005 :smt005 Hey, Lord forgive me oh!! But nna the guy harsh oh. What if dem kill am now. I'm 90% sure they won't do anything to her but then again, they might just kolo.
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:50 pm

Funny story indeed, hope his faith works for him o :lol: :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby nkay » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:17 pm

This story reminded me of one of my aunts. Harsh woman!!! :lol: :lol: . Robbers attacked them one fateful night and she was actually arguing with the robbers, they were like "Where's the money!!!!?, We'll take your child oh!!!"....then she had three little girls ages 2 - 6.......and she was like " Take her now (pushing my cousin towards them), I don't have any money" :smt043 :smt043 . My cousin was like " Haaaaa!!! Mummy!!!!!!!" :smt005 :smt005...............when they saw nothing was forthcoming, they left. She told us what happened that morning, see everybody rolling on the floor. It wasn't funny oh but we couldn't help laughing abeg.
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:46 pm

Nkay na so :-D

I saw something recently on TV...
this elderly woman o, na so armed robbers came to her store for a raid, she came after one of the guys and even challeneged him and wanted to grab his gun. he fought her off and fired off a shot just to warn her.

She asked him "what do u think you are doing"
His reply... "what do u think woman, we're robbing u"

This was all caught on tape, hubby and I couldn't stop laughing...
I will see if I can find it online

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby darinka » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:16 am

ALL THESE PEOPLE ARENT THE HARDENED CRIMINALS WE READ ABOUT THESE DAYS. FORTUNATELY FOR THEIR VICTIMS, THEY WERE STILL IN THEIR NORMAL SENSES WHEN THEY OPERATED.

I TELL YOU THOSE ON DRUGS WLDNT EVEN CARE TO EXCHANGE
ANY WORDS. THEY SHOOT AT ANYBODY WITHIN THEIR SIGHT, CHILD HARSH WOMAN ... EVERYBODY IS A POSSIBLE TARGET.

GOD HELP US :(
< God loves me immensely (John 3:16)
HE thinks about me all the time. Ps.139:17-18
HE knows my name. John 10:13
Therefore, I am not anonymous to God.
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby chizor » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:43 am

Talking about hardened criminals, do you guys remember Anini? The infamous armed robber/murderer we had back then in naija? I think he might be dead now though...
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby darinka » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:15 am

chizor wrote:Talking about hardened criminals, do you guys remember Anini? The infamous armed robber/murderer we had back then in naija? I think he might be dead now though...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh yes I remember the name now as you mentioned it.
< God loves me immensely (John 3:16)
HE thinks about me all the time. Ps.139:17-18
HE knows my name. John 10:13
Therefore, I am not anonymous to God.
Alleluia!!! >
darinka
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby gloria » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:56 am

chizor wrote:Talking about hardened criminals, do you guys remember Anini? The infamous armed robber/murderer we had back then in naija? I think he might be dead now though...

definitely dead, firing squad remember? there's a home video about his story; surprisingly its pretty good
gloria
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Hold on to My Mother

Postby Omar » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:54 am

dubem wrote:Funny story indeed, hope his faith works for him o :lol: :lol:

real "I hope his faith works for him" been laughing since I read this..... but this is not funny for real, why would they kidnap an aged woman 70 years? They wnt achieve much from doing that now if that is their plan. Lord have mercy
It is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that shows mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Omar
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby jezzy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:40 pm

Ah,ah Chizor.Anini died wayy back.I remember thinking he was some sort of cowboy hero.The stories about him made him seem so courageous and invicible.He was kinda Robin Hoody.
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Hold on to My Mother

Postby Trish » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:48 pm

Omar wrote:
dubem wrote:Funny story indeed, hope his faith works for him o :lol: :lol:

why would they kidnap an aged woman 70 years?

.... same reason they would kidnap a 3yr old child - they're insane!

The child was lucky - let's hope the grandmom has her kinda luck... or else, he won't 4give himself if anything happens to his mother - u don't take that kind of risk when dealing with crazee pple!
Trish
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:08 pm

"Mama Yenagoa" as she is fondly called was released 11 days after...

http://allafrica.com/stories/200708060207.html
I am glad she was let go, unharmed. :P

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Return to Politics