[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - What Rubbish

What Rubbish

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

What Rubbish

Postby weruche » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:05 am

Nigerians promote corruption – Mark
By John Alechenu, Abuja
Published: Wednesday, 12 Sep 2007

The President of the Senate, Senator David Mark, on Tuesday blamed Nigerians for promoting the vices of corruption by putting unbearable pressure on public officers.

Mark said this while inaugurating the Senate Committee on Ethics, Code of Conduct and Public Relations.

He said, “Sometimes, people in public offices are pushed to the wall and it is a habit, a culture and a tradition that we’ve developed over the years. The moment a politician is elected; there is so much pressure on him by the people not just to bring development to them, but also to put money in their pockets.

“Once you are given a public office, you are made a minister before you are even sworn in, people have taken you over and they come with requests that will make you corrupt.”

Mark said some of the requests were so unreasonable that some might demand that one builds a house for them. He said officers who were not firm would fall victim by becoming corrupt.

He called for a cultural reorientation to change the ugly trend.

Commenting on the committee, he said, “This is the main committee than can keep the Senate itself on course. As they say, if you want to go to equity you must go with clean hands. If the Senate is going to clean the society, if the Senate is going to make sure that we do those things that are right, that others do those things that are right, we must also be right to ourselves.”

Mark also expressed sadness that the rich in Nigeria were the worst tax evaders. He called for positive change in the interest of national development.

Earlier, the chairman of the Committee, Senator Omar Hambagda, had called for a new approach to the war against corruption.

Please write to the Senate President Senator David Mark and tell him that people who steal should not be blaming other people for making them steal, especially if they are voted into positions of responsibility! If they cannot do their job and reorient the people, they are not competent for the job!

Senate President David Mark
National Assembly Complex
Three Arms Zone
P.M.B 141 Abuja.
Nigeria.

Email: senateinfo@nassnig.org
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dorisikee » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:13 am

This is a clear example of DIPLOMATIC TRASH!
dorisikee
Prefect
Prefect

Postby sandy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:21 pm

WHAT ELSE DO U EXPECT HIM TO SAY... FOR ME IS EITHER HE IS FOR REAL OR JUST TRYING TO MAKE SOME PUBLIC, NOTICE-ME, POLITICAL-POWERED NOISE. :roll:
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:52 pm

Unlike some of you, I firmly agree with what he has to say.
Where I disagree with him is in the choices he had to make.

Yes, when one is assigned a public position creeps tend to come out from all over the place to partake of the "harvest" as they see it. I remember some asking back then, "I kotaghi onye mbu?" like you knew them from Adam. :roll:

It is up to the person in question to use judgment. If they were corrupt to start with, trust that they will use corruptive means to attain certain goals but if they are not, they will be tempted and even ensnared into corruption and that is where the matter of the will and their underlying principals will be tested. At the end of the day, it is all a matter of morals. What is right and wrong to them? If they happen to have some strong values imputed into them as children, I am sure that one way or the other, they will be more than likely to overcome through. I say this cause I have seen this happen time and time again.

Some are not even prepared for this wealth and think that they will not be accountable for it :?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby stellaukaoma » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:04 pm

dubem wrote:Unlike some of you, I firmly agree with what he has to say.
Where I disagree with him is in the choices he had to make.

Yes, when one is assigned a public position creeps tend to come out from all over the place to partake of the "harvest" as they see it. I remember some asking back then, "I kotaghi onye mbu?" like you knew them from Adam. :roll:

It is up to the person in question to use judgment. If they were corrupt to start with, trust that they will use corruptive means to attain certain goals but if they are not, they will be tempted and even ensnared into corruption and that is where the matter of the will and their underlying principals will be tested. At the end of the day, it is all a matter of morals. What is right and wrong to them? If they happen to have some strong values imputed into them as children, I am sure that one way or the other, they will be more than likely to overcome through. I say this cause I have seen this happen time and time again.

Some are not even prepared for this wealth and think that they will not be accountable for it :?

I concur!
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby jezzy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:37 pm

let the senator take out the plank in his eye first.Hissssssssssssss!!
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Return to Politics