[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - NIGERIA ASKS UK TO TRAIN POLICE

NIGERIA ASKS UK TO TRAIN POLICE

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

NIGERIA ASKS UK TO TRAIN POLICE

Postby chizor » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:07 am

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:13 am

This used to happen a lot more in the past.
Military personnel used to be sent to places like India, and Germany to train with their task forces.

This can be a good and bad thing though.
Good in the sense that the police will be skilled, bad in the sense that wrong people could get solid foundations on how to inflict harm on others.
What to do! :smt102
God help our country...

The sickness lies not in the lack of proper training but n the hearts of men. Evil hearts fuel evil activities. People think they can only get things by exerting force on others.... :?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:34 am

Whilst, our leaders may have the best intentions, i think this move is a bit silly.

I feel more fundamental things have to be looked at first. At least an improvement in the wages paid to the cops over there, ensuring that they well equipped to do their jobs ( phones, police cars, petrol, sort out their offices/barracks etc) before they move to this step.

Surely, we must have intelligent men and women in that country who can look into restructuring and reforming the force. Why go for outside help? Besides, if anything, training will be more suited to the top officials in the force first.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:58 am

Good point...

chizor wrote:Whilst, our leaders may have the best intentions, i think this move is a bit silly.

I feel more fundamental things have to be looked at first. At least an improvement in the wages paid to the cops over there, ensuring that they well equipped to do their jobs ( phones, police cars, petrol, sort out their offices/barracks etc) before they move to this step.

Surely, we must have intelligent men and women in that country who can look into restructuring and reforming the force. Why go for outside help? Besides, if anything, training will be more suited to the top officials in the force first.

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dorisikee » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:43 am

Akuko!! Nigerian police? no way! there are too many bad eggs in the system already and i don't see it working moreover, sustainability ZERO!!
dorisikee
Prefect
Prefect

Postby chizor » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:26 am

dorisikee wrote:Akuko!! Nigerian police? no way! there are too many bad eggs in the system already and i don't see it working moreover, sustainability ZERO!!

Not really…. If we all think like that, then naija wont move forward. I believe that every problem, has a solution.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:28 am

This move might sound silly, but I think it'll help in the long run. Dubem, I agree there are more important things they can focus on, but anything and I mean ANYTHING we can get other than what we currently have will help. Change doesn't take one day, it takes a step!
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:31 am

Weru, I couldn't agree more.
However, what my qwesion really is, is, "what should have been the right first step for the govt to take?"

Cause it seems to me like a catch 22. If they train the top peeps like Chizor suggested, there are corrupt people in the bunch who even pay the younger crew to do injustice. THen if they train everyone, who knows who the bad eggs are?

I believe that they need a reform both in the military and in the police force. I am not too sure how they can go about doing this though. Just saw a movie this past weekend, American gangsta. It was good in the sense that all bad cops were later imprisoned (PS...this movie had some nudie scenes and bad lingo so abeg be aware, had to forward some parts.) If all the bad eggs were taken out and the good one's trained, that would be the best option really. :)

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Return to Politics