[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

Rise and Fall

Postby zika_anoka » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:56 pm

A beg ....

Dis 2008 American USA Election caucus.....O di kwa risky

How una see de rise of Obama and the falling of Clinton?????

Biko nu.... is HISTORY about to be made in our time....

A beg like Chiz will say Discuss
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby zika_anoka » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:19 pm

E bii like say una no de follow dis election...

But I get to talk about it sha...

CNN went to Kenya to interview Barack's grandmother in a rural; village in Kenya.

And u can't believe the questions :!: ....I don't know whether the lady from CNN went to see a poverty stricken "I must come to America " person.

Infact they were shocked and concluded she was FEISTY. Mrs Obama took the lady to her farm, came back with her and started removing corn from the cobs, while sitting on her kitchen chair 8) 8) . Infact the best part of it, was when they asked her why she had not moved to America. She said and I quote,' If I were in America, when u come here who will u see." :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 I was so impressed. She spoke in her local language.

Infact they asked her. what can u say about ur grandson Obama , She said he is a good listener, then they now asked her about Clinton....and her answer was shocking, she said" they are in a contest and my prayer is may the best party win"...

Unfortunately dis one no dey CNN website....had to gist u

Disclaimer.... I might not vote for Obama if given the chance. But this election is taking an interesting turn
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:21 pm

My dear, I started a similar thread last year....

http://www.fggcowerri.com//modules.php? ... ight=obama

No response so I gbagbuola the tin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby stellaukaoma » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:37 am

zika_anoka wrote:E bii like say una no de follow dis election...

But I get to talk about it sha...

CNN went to Kenya to interview Barack's grandmother in a rural; village in Kenya.

And u can't believe the questions :!: ....I don't know whether the lady from CNN went to see a poverty stricken "I must come to America " person.

Infact they were shocked and concluded she was FEISTY. Mrs Obama took the lady to her farm, came back with her and started removing corn from the cobs, while sitting on her kitchen chair 8) 8) . Infact the best part of it, was when they asked her why she had not moved to America. She said and I quote,' If I were in America, when u come here who will u see." :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 I was so impressed. She spoke in her local language.

Infact they asked her. what can u say about ur grandson Obama , She said he is a good listener, then they now asked her about Clinton....and her answer was shocking, she said" they are in a contest and my prayer is may the best party win"...

Unfortunately dis one no dey CNN website....had to gist u

Disclaimer.... I might not vote for Obama if given the chance. But this election is taking an interesting turn

Where is this info from?
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby dubem » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:55 am

Speaking of grandmothers,
I found a rather hillarious article about Obama's white grandma.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200703290011

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby zika_anoka » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:16 pm

They showed it on CNN, their reporter covered it but it went off when they were transmitting it half way...... I went on their site and I could not see a link to post. But I sha watched it life....

Snr stella....u get my voice mail b4 u finish this ya query
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:34 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/07/ ... ef=24hours

From Paula Newton
CNN

NYANGOMA KOGELO, Kenya (CNN) -- The Obamas of Kenya still live as they have for decades, even though their most famous relative is in a hotly contested race to become the next president of the United States.

Barack Obama is pictured here with his grandmother, Sarah Onyango Obama, in Kenya in 1987.

1 of 3 When we arrived, Sarah Onyango Obama was waiting with a smile as she cut up corn maize preparing animal feed.

As the chickens clucked and a rooster crowed, "Mama Sarah" is as busy bringing in the crops as her grandson is trying to bring in the votes.

"He's a good listener and if he's given a chance he will work hard for America," she says in her native language.

Sen. Barack Obama's grandmother and Said Obama, his uncle, do not have a television and live in a simple, single-story canary-yellow home several miles from the closest village.

Still, they are closely following their relative's campaign for the White House.

But Mama Sarah won't venture a guess on his chances. "I pray hard for him and leave the rest to God," she says. Watch Sen. Obama's grandmother dote on her grandson »

There is an unmistakable resemblance between grandmother and grandson.

The elder Obama seems unfazed by her grandchild's ambition or the daunting complexity of the campaign. She kept asking questions of a CNN reporter who visited her, wanting to know more about how caucuses and primaries work.

And what does the grandmother think of Hillary Clinton? With an age-old diplomacy, Sarah Obama says the election is a contest and the best man or woman should win.

Barack Hussein Obama, Sen. Obama's father, was born and raised here. He was buried on the family farm just after his death from a car accident in 1982.

Sarah says her son wouldn't be surprised by Barack's success.

When Barack Sr. would hear news of his son's stellar report cards he would dance for joy she says, knowing he'd amount to something.

But Sen. Obama visited Kenya only after his father died and he admits in his biography, "Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance" that he didn't see much of his father in his childhood. Obama's parents -- Barack Sr. and mother, who was from Kansas -- separated when he was young.

The book ends with an emotional moment in which Sen. Obama visits his father's grave. The Democratic candidate seems to have embraced the multi-cultural and multi-religious nature of his roots. His father, his grandmother and most of his family members in Kenya are Muslims.

And while they try to devote attention to their most famous kin's life, they are also disappointed by the recent turn toward violence in Kenya. The normally peaceful country has been shaken by mobs of rioters angry over the disputed presidential election.

The Obamas say they don't recognize Kenya in the images of despair now being beamed around the world.

"We expected Kenya to be a beacon of hope in this region," says Said Obama, the senator's uncle. "But again, politicians are politicians."

But Said Obama says his nephew is different.

"Because he is coming from a very humble background he will understand people coming from such a situation, in poverty."

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby zika_anoka » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:13 pm

Dubs by the way.. wetin dis ya new avatar dey beg for... no soliciting on dis site ohh :-D :-D :-D :-D
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:38 pm

Hahahahahahahaha.
The tin dey scare me sef when I log on, I go soon change am... :lol: :lol: :lol:

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby jezzy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:44 am

I think it's still too early to know.Obama won in Iowa and Clinton lost.In New Hamshire Clinton won and Obama lost.I have never liked Clinton and hope she never becomes President(i really don't think she's the one).I just love Obama's enthusiasm.I love John McCain a lot,if it were based on sentiments I'll say he should be president.
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby chizor » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:51 pm

jezzy wrote:I think it's still too early to know.Obama won in Iowa and Clinton lost.In New Hamshire Clinton won and Obama lost.I have never liked Clinton and hope she never becomes President(i really don't think she's the one).I just love Obama's enthusiasm.I love John McCain a lot,if it were based on sentiments I'll say he should be president.

i agree. Clinton has a hardcore look. She looks like someone that could potentially be dangerous. it's very likely that she'll emerge as the winner though..
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby zika_anoka » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:35 pm

Jezzy, there is going to be a recount b'cos of allegations of rigging....I posted the write up here

New Hampshire to Recount Ballots in Light of Controversy
By Kim Zetter January 11, 2008 | 4:37:15 PMCategories: E-Voting, Election '08
Both Republican and Democratic candidates have asked the state of New Hampshire to conduct a hand recount of all primary ballots statewide, citing internet rumors about vote discrepancies and voting machine fraud in the primary results.

Democratic presidential nominee candidate Kucinich was the first to make headlines in calling for a statewide recount of the Democratic primary results in response to the internet fury around a post made by a woman named Lori Price that someone made online that compares votes counted by optical scan machines made by Diebold Election Systems (now re-named Premier Election Solutions) to votes counted by hand. [Thanks to the reader below who wrote in to say that Price didn't create the site where the results appear.]

Today the New Hampshire secretary of state's office announced that Republican presidential nominee candidate Albert Howard also asked for a statewide recount of the Republican primary results.

The last time New Hampshire conducted a statewide recount of a presidential primary was in 1980.

Ellen Dube, elections assistant at the New Hampshire Secretary of State's office, told me that the Republican recount will begin next Wednesday (January 16). She said her office had not yet received a formal request from Kucinich. She said the recounts would likely take at least two weeks to complete and would cost several thousand dollars each, since the state will have to pay all workers involved in the recount, including state troopers who will transport the ballots.

I should emphasize here that, contrary to some reports in the blogosphere, the controversy is not about electronic voting machines (i.e., paperless touch-screen voting machines), since New Hampshire doesn't use such machines. New Hampshire passed a law back in 1994 requiring all voting machines to produce a paper trail, a decade before the controversy over paperless touch-screen machines even became an issue. Instead of touch-screen machines, New Hampshire uses only old-style paper ballots and optical-scan ballots. In the case of the latter, voters mark a paper ballot with a pen before officials scan it through an electronic reader and tabulate the results via computer.

The controversy began when Lori Price someone posted results showing that Barack Obama received more votes than Clinton in precincts where the ballots were counted by hand than in precincts where they were counted by optical-scan machines.

Some activists have seized the information as "proof" of voter fraud, though Price the person who posted the information cautioned against drawing such conclusions, writing that "They simply show that some things stand out as being odd and worthy of further investigation."

At least one blogger has found an alternative explanation for the differences in the vote results. The difference between the machine-counted precincts and the hand-counted precincts, writes blogger Ed Morrissey, "is that the former tend to be in the bigger cities such as Nashua and Manchester where Hillary had significant polling leads before the primary. The hand-counted precincts were in areas known to be Obama territory."

Deputy Secretary of State David Scanlan told the Associated Press that the state will be happy to conduct a recount but Kucinich, who won only two percent of his party's vote and has the least to gain from the recount, will have to pay the full cost for it since he did not lose in a close race. Howard will also have to pay the entire cost of the Republican recount. (New Hampshire law allows candidates who lose a race by a margin of less than 3 percent to demand a recount at a cost of only $2,000. Candidates who lose by more than this have to pay the full cost of a recount.)

''Perhaps the best thing that could happen for us is to have a recount," Scanlan said, "to show the people that ... the votes that were cast on election day were accurately reflected in the results. And I have every confidence that will be the case.''
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:53 am

If they are calling for ojoro in the primaries, na wetin go appin for the regular elections naaaaa? :? :? :?

Waste of tax dollars....

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Prince » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:15 pm

Yes, the race is on. In the Democratic league, the two giants are duking it out. My fear is: they’ll bloody up their noses so badly that when the general election gets here, they won’t look too attractive to anybody. Kinda reminds me of the Ali-Frazier fight in Kinshasa. The rumble in the jungle, Ali dubbed it. They practically destroyed each other. When the dust settled, neither was the man he was entering the ring.

If Senator Clinton gets the nomination, her best chance of pulling off a victory, come November, is with Obama as running mate. But if things continue the way they are, joining forces, or even talking to each other, would be a tall order.

For my money, I like Clinton better. This is not the time to make a statement by electing a black president. We already had one in Bill Clinton, who is well positioned and ready to repeat his yester magic. This is time to elect a president who will get things done, rather than get brutalized by the Republicans.

Has anybody asked why the Republicans are ganging up with the Obama Camp to flatten Clinton? They know they’ll eat Obama alive, without even breaking a burp, if they can get Clinton out of the way. I believe McCain will beat him up like he stole something. There’s no doubt that Obama has an impressive personality. But it will be the death of us when Presidents are elected on cosmetic attributes. The last time we elected a President for his charm, he tagged 3 trillion dollars to our national debt. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for President Reagan.
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby igoloa » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:16 pm

prince you talk just like my husband he likes obama but says the same thing that if they put him there the republicans will eat him alive and he can not survive it and that a white woman will first rule America before a black man. i totally disagree with him because i love obama and he has this huge charisma and i just love to hear him speak. well let God take charge that is all i say. amen
igoloa
Council Chair
Council Chair

Next

Return to Politics