[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

Postby Prince » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm

@ Igoloa:
A wize man, your husband. In matters such as these, we learn to seperate what we desire from what is attainable. The Clinton Presidency would do more for the black race that the Obama. Passion, which Obama is riding on now, is good, but that's all there's to it. Bill Clinton put it best when he said that the Obama candidacy was a fairy tale. It angared many blacks, but it's the honest to God truth. It's nice to dream and wish for things, but waking up brings the ugly reality with it.
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby zika_anoka » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:29 am

Oga Prince... no mind de lack of introdonknowa ohh

But ur argument fails to make logic to me...

What makes his candidacy not attainable..... If I believe that Obama's candidacy is a fairy tale....then my dear I am accepting a terribly low profiling for my kids . Pls don't take an insult or a ceiling on ur future :cry: :cry: :cry: and claim it is the truth

Wake up and re-profile ur color abii race in ya thoughts
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby igoloa » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:11 pm

i love obama but i see their point. though this is not about color but ask your self do you really think America is ready for a black president. we might say yes but from the day to day interaction do you really think so? i love obama though for sure i am voting for him no doubt, if he is nominated :smt102
igoloa
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby zika_anoka » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:50 pm

Obama More Likely to Beat McCain

Posted Feb 1st 2008 11:51PM by Cenk Uygur
Filed under: Young Turks, John McCain, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama

I believe the Democratic candidate is likely to thrash John McCain, no matter who it is. Hillary Clinton would beat Senator McCain handily, mainly because of Senator McCain. He has tied himself to this Iraq War and is telling anyone who'll listen that he plans to stay in Iraq for another hundred years. It's hard to imagine a more unpopular position to base your campaign on in the general election.

Though Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton would score easy points against McCain on this count, Obama has an advantage here. Sen. McCain can turn around and accuse Sen. Clinton of being just as complicit in the drive to war because she also voted for the resolution that authorized the Iraq War. Whereas, Obama can say McCain showed poor judgment in going into Iraq in the first place and McCain has no defense to that. He could argue that the Iraq War has gone great, and I hope he does. Good luck with that strategy.

Why would Democrats want to neutralize this obvious advantage they have by picking a candidate that also voted for the war?

Secondly, the right-wing base is very displeased with John McCain. Conservative talk show hosts, pundits and bloggers have spent the last couple of months pummeling McCain. The only thing that can re-energize them to back his candidacy is -- Hillary Clinton.

Now, this is a little unfair to Sen. Clinton because I don't think she has done anything to earn that animus. She's polarizing only because they have spent the better part of two decades attacking her and her husband, and trying to turn the American people against them. Barack Obama might seem polarizing after eight straight years of right-wing attacks, too.

However, fair or unfair, the right-wing can't wait to go to war against Hillary. On the other hand, if it's Obama versus McCain, I think they might dislike McCain more. This has got to be a major liability when you are trying to rally your own side in a general election.

Finally, according to the polls, voters are overwhelmingly in favor of change this election cycle. If Obama is running, he is clearly the candidate of change. If Clinton is running, McCain could almost make an argument that you would get more change from his presidency than you would under another Clinton administration. I think that argument would be wrong, but why open the door?

Overall, Democrats can make it easier or harder on themselves this year by picking one of the two remaining candidates. I'm confident they'll win either way, but why take the risk? Obama is the better candidate to run against McCain, who looks like he is going to be the Republican candidate in the fall. By picking Obama the Democrats can make a strong and persuasive case that there is only one candidate who can bring real change to Washington -- Barack Obama.

copied this from aol news
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Previous

Return to Politics