[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Condi Rice For VP?

Condi Rice For VP?

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

Condi Rice For VP?

Postby Prince » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:55 am

Condi Rice For VP?

Talk to me; I'm listening. What an interesting proposal. She keeps saying no, but the buzz keeps getting stronger and louder. I remember Mrs. Clinton kept denying her presidential intent for a couple of years. One morning, she was in. I also remember what President Reagan said, back when. "If a woman were elected president, she'd be a republican," he said. Was that prophecy?

http://www.comcast.net/news/articles/po ... S-RICE-DC/
Last edited by Prince on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby shaded » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:58 am

I am praying that it is true cos this is one thing that can help the Dems win the white house. A major architect of the Iraq war and the lies about WMDs and poor execution on the Republican ticket? Even McCain cannot be that stupid.
shaded
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby blackie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:07 am

I think that will be cracking - so that once and for all the issue of race politics will be decided. All those that claim obama is getting sympathy votes because of his race will now see another black person on the other side, and obama will still be leading...
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:59 am

Shaded, I no grab wetin u dey yan.
Abeg break am down to my level...
Thanks

shaded wrote:I am praying that it is true cos this is one thing that can help the Dems win the white house. A major architect of the Iraq war and the lies about WMDs and poor execution on the Republican ticket? Even McCain cannot be that stupid.

How can this help Dems win? :smt017
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby faridah » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:06 am

I understand Shaded's point. It could help democrats win because:
1. People who are voting based on raceor gender will now have to overlook it and vote based on issues, i.e., they will vote for the party that represents their interest, or the person that inspires the most (likely Obama).

2. The republican party is not very popular right now because of the war.

On the other hand, it could help republicans win:
1. since Condi has the most favorable ratings amongts high profile republicans - Bush, Cheney,Condi
2. Condi actually has white house operational experience
3. Condi is very knowledgeable about international affairs. She got her BA at age 19 and Ph.D. at age 26. She just happens to be on the wrong team.
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Prince » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:34 am

@ Faridah:
Impressive, very impressive, points.
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:45 am

Thanks Fari! :o
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby zika_anoka » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:01 am

I don't think Condi will agree, but it is a very good move on the republican side.

They would need a black person that is inspirational, self seeking as well as divisive to counter Obama's momentum. Already Condi sees Obama as interesting even Colin Powell says he will vote based on merits not party lines.That shows u the way their thoughts are flowing. If the have a real chance for Presidency why settle for Vee Pee
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Return to Politics