[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Yar'Adua Rumors

Yar'Adua Rumors

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

Yar'Adua Rumors

Postby faridah » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:12 am

OK, I have been hearing and reading rumors about our president that he is missing in action because he is ill and that the senate does not want to recognize his VP (Goodluck) as a leader in his absence. I couldn't find any newspapers to back up these rumors but there is a lot of news about his 21 year old daughter becoming the 4th wife to the Governor of Katsina State. To those of us at home, I ask does anyone know how ill the president really is? And how come Atiku and Abiola are now friends again?

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=18

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/ind ... 1&id=11315

http://h2.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?thear ... 1252355978
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby gloria » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:37 am

Yep Nafisu Yar Adua is now the fourth wife of teh Bauchi State governor. I cant confirm that the president is ill i do know though that he was meant to go on leave for about two weeks and the Senate opposed his leave because according to them he did not seek permission first going supposedly by the provisiosns of the constitution. There's a contrary argument that te constitution only requires him to notify them before going. I doubt that he is that ill because this whole leave brouhaha took place around the time of his daughter's wedding and he was right there. I may be wrong...

Atiku and Obasanjo are friends again apparently (if you want to play it fast and loose with the word 'friends'). Its causing a lot of tension in AC as there are rumours that PDP might be trying to engineer his return to the party. Not sure about what's going on exactly but truth will out, it always does
gloria
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby faridah » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Gloria, thanks. I just keep hearing that he is so sick that he might not be able to do a 2nd term, because he really needs treatment.
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby gloria » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:57 am

Thats a strong possibility going by the stuff I'm hearing as well.

The whole thing makes you want to change your name to 'Goodluck' cos if Yar Adua expires suddenly, the VP would have gone from Lecturer to Deputy Governor to Governor to VP and President! Militants are already threatening a civil war if anyone else takes over in the event
gloria
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Return to Politics