[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Chris Okotie....

Chris Okotie....

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

Chris Okotie....

Postby chizor » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:28 am

...Its my understandin that he is contesting in next years presidential elections.

Does it make sense? Bearing in mind that he is a Pastor?
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:53 am

My dear, if we want to talk about that one, we'll be wasting our time. He has always wanted to run for presidency and i think even contested in the past...not so sure, after he saw a 'vision' that he was Naija's next president.

They are all money mongers and give christianity a bad name. that's all i can say :smt102
Last edited by weruche on Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby shaded » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:12 pm

He can like any Nigerian run for president. It is his prerogative. It is also mine not to give him my vote irrespective of vision.

By the way I thought the prophecy was that he would win the last presidential elections. Has it been refreshed for this one?
shaded
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby horizon » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:19 am

ha ha ha.....nigerinas, u should laugh oh!! chris who? na wa o.....
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby chizor » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:46 am

shaded wrote:He can like any Nigerian run for president. It is his prerogative. It is also mine not to give him my vote irrespective of vision.

By the way I thought the prophecy was that he would win the last presidential elections. Has it been refreshed for this one?

Well, my point is that he is a Pastor. Isnt that his calling anymore? He certainly cannot be a president and a pastor at the same time. Or is it possible?
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby sandy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 am

HMM, LIKE SHADED SAID IS HIS PEROGATIVE TO CONTEST COS IS OPEN TO ANYONE. HE DID CONTEST LAST TIME COS HE SAID HE HAD A VISION IF D ELECTIONS WERE FREE N FAIR HE'D WIN. (BUT SINCE IT WASNT FREE N FAIR? :roll: HE DIDNT GET IT)

WELL MY OPINION IS ALLOW EVERY MAN TO HIS DREAM(S) N VISION, BUT I THINK FROM LOOK OF THINGS HE MAY NOT GET IT, BUT ALL D SAME LET NOT QUESTION HIS VISION.
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby chizor » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:56 am

sandy wrote:HMM, LIKE SHADED SAID IS HIS PEROGATIVE TO CONTEST COS IS OPEN TO ANYONE. HE DID CONTEST LAST TIME COS HE SAID HE HAD A VISION IF D ELECTIONS WERE FREE N FAIR HE'D WIN. (BUT SINCE IT WASNT FREE N FAIR? :roll: HE DIDNT GET IT)

WELL MY OPINION IS ALLOW EVERY MAN TO HIS DREAM(S) N VISION, BUT I THINK FROM LOOK OF THINGS HE MAY NOT GET IT, BUT ALL D SAME LET NOT QUESTION HIS VISION.

Its certainly his perogative like you have said. I am also not questioning his Vision. What I am still struggling to undertsand is how a Pastor can become a president. I understand that it is physically possible, but my questions are:

Is it possible that ones calling from God can change?
Wasnt it his calling to be a pastor in the first place?

I dont suppose any of us can answer the second question, but i think we can have a stab at the first.

And by the way, I am not raising this because it is Chris. Would have thought the same if it was any other random pastor
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby sandy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:00 am

chizor wrote:[
Is it possible that ones calling from God can change?
Wasnt it his calling to be a pastor in the first place?

I dont suppose any of us can answer the second question, but i think we can have a stab at the first.

MY DEAR WE HAVE SEEN PASTORS, REV. FATHERS, MEN OF GOD WHO HAVE OTHER VOCATIONS LIKE LECTURERING, MEDICAL PRACTITIONING, ETC IF CHRIS IS A PASTOR AND FEELS LIKE VEERING INTO POLITICS, DOES TAT TAKE AWAY D SPIRIT OF GOD OR HIS CALLING FROM HIM? I DONT THINK SO, MAYBE HE'S PROBABLY FULFILLING AN INNER DREAM.

I HAD A PASTOR WHO WAS A SCULPIST AS WELL, HE BALANCED BOTH JOBS WELL AND AFTER RETIRING HE 'S GONE BACK INTO FULL TIME MINISTRY.
PASTOR CHRIS MAY HAVE BEEN CALLED TO BE A PASTOR, GOING INTO POLITCS DOESNT CHANGE SUCH CALLING.

N.B MEANWHILE, I DONT KNOW HIM :smt102 ON A ONE-ON-ONE BASIS, DONT EVEN ATTEND HIS CHURCH, SO AM NOT DEFENDING HIM BUT JUST XPRESSING MY OPINION
(HE IS SEPERATED AND TAT ALONE MAY DISQUALIFY HIM, COS U CANT BE A PRESIDENT WITOUT A WIFE, XPECT SHE DIED IN OFFICE).
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby stellaukaoma » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:35 am

sandy wrote:(HE IS SEPERATED AND TAT ALONE MAY DISQUALIFY HIM, COS U CANT BE A PRESIDENT WITOUT A WIFE, XPECT SHE DIED IN OFFICE).

Pardon my ignorance, why can't somebody be a president without a wife? Is that one of our laws or your personal opinion? Just asking
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby sandy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:01 pm

MY DEAR STELLA, U ARE RIT, IS NOT IN OUR CONSTITUTION- ONE CAN CONTEST EVEN IF HE DOESNT HAVE A WIFE, JUST RESEARCHED ON TAT. PRIOR TO MY LAST POST, I TOT IT WAS AGAST NIG. LAW, BUT FOUND OUT IS NOT.
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:39 pm

No wife, one wife, many wives...anything goes in that country, people.
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby kk » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:17 pm

weruche wrote:No wife, one wife, many wives...anything goes in that country, people.

Damned right! Anything goes in Nigeria......if it doesn't go, they can make new laws ozigbo nje!
Enjoy life....You never live the same day twice!
kk
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby igoloa » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:05 pm

he is just making a big fool of himself instead of sticking to his church which i think was doing good now he wants to mingle in nigeria's very very dirty politics. i am disappointed and right at this point i don't even care who rules nigeria because they will get up there and change then do what ever they want. so until God decides to deal with them one by one and help naija then every thing will keep going bad. :evil:
igoloa
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby stellaukaoma » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:11 pm

I believe his church too is one of these fancy-schmancy ones where all the preaching is about 'becoming rich" :D :D
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Ugbonma » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:57 pm

stellaukaoma wrote:I believe his church too is one of these fancy-schmancy ones where all the preaching is about 'becoming rich" :D :D

Off course my sista. most of these nija churches are all about financial wealth and success, and they are hella rich too
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Next

Return to Politics