[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Chris Okotie....

Chris Okotie....

Share your political thoughts here. Nigerian politics and more

Postby Kellyeva » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:19 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, prince and tohandsome to leave u............................i never do?
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Prince » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:46 am

I see no need for you to apologize for coming back to issues, if you have any questions. You said it; this is a public forum. I’ll just do my best to address any concerns.

No, I didn’t say that Moses was just part of God’s plan, and neither did I say that God had no intentions of having Moses lead the people into Canaan. All I said was that God told Moses to bring his people out of Egypt, and Moses did it. Whatever other errands God had for Moses, he didn’t say. He did not unfold his plan before Moses to explain how he was gonna do the job. He just dished out instructions as and when necessary.

Nobody knew he was gonna part the Red Sea. Moses did not know he would draw water from a rock. There was no advance warning of the Ten Commandments. There were a heap of things God did that Moses had no advanced knowledge of. So, how would I know?

He chose and used his tools and medium to his pleasure. Even Pharaoh and the people of Egypt were used. Recall that God had promised to deliver the people with a heavy hand. If Pharaoh had given in at Moses’ first try, the exodus would have been an easy work and that wouldn’t be God’s heavy hand. But time and again, he hardened Pharaoh’s heart, giving God reason to suck it to him. And when they were leaving, God softened the Egyptians’ hearts and they gave freely to the children of Israel.

Before proving why Moses did not lead the people into Canaan, maybe, you should first deal with why you think he was supposed to go into the land at the head of the people. If God said it, then Moses should. But if he didn’t say it, the assumption will do us no good.

You wrote:
I know your reply on Moses was to Chizor and not me but permit me to ask you these questions and i genuinely want to know you take.
I didn’t mean it that way. I didn’t intend to imply that my comments were for her eyes only. I was simply making reference to the source of the question I was addressing.

Your question:
Do you believe Moses did not enter the promised land because God charged him with unbelief?
No, I don’t. Moses didn’t enter the land because of his unbelief, not because of God’s charge. A little confusing, huh? I know. You see, the charging was God’s, but the unbelief was Moses’. It was Moses’ action (unbelief) that was punished, not God’s action (charge).
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Kellyeva » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:08 am

[quote]
No, I don’t. Moses didn’t enter the land because of his unbelief, not [quote]because of God’s charge. A little confusing, huh? I know. You see, the charging was God’s, but the unbelief was Moses’. It was Moses’ action (unbelief) that was punished, not God’s action

Here i agree with Prince it was Moses's unbelief that prevented him from entering the promised land.
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Kellyeva » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:09 am

hey please someone should teach me how to copy people's quotes so it apprears right i don't seem to get mine right
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby chizor » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:49 am

Kellyeva wrote:hey please someone should teach me how to copy people's quotes so it apprears right i don't seem to get mine right

Kelly, click on the 'quote' botton next to the post, and that should bring up the whole post. You can then edit/choose which particular sentences/quotes you may wish to refer to.
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Kellyeva » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:52 am

thnaks love. Meanwhile no love for me again abi?
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby sandy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:12 pm

:? ?
sandy
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby onyi810 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 pm

Kelly and Chizor chokorization in the forum is prohibited use PM or include us in ur gists...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't mind me just joking

Accept no ones definition of you, Define yourself.
onyi810
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby chizor » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:28 pm

Kellyeva wrote:thnaks love. Meanwhile no love for me again abi?

Hmmm..Kelly, I'm counting for you o! All your atrocities are pilling up small small (sorry folks- personal gist) :P

@Onyi---Osukosuuuu- jealousy ooo! :lol: :P
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby toohandsometoleaveyou » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:35 pm

Ok Prince, from what your response is above, we are saying the same thing. Maybe i should re-fashion the question because if we are saying the same thing then there is no disagreement. I started discussing this because you wrote:
You are not alone in your assumption that he was supposed to bring them out of Egypt, and into the new land. Many people, including ministers, have the same notion. You see, to deliver the people from bondage and take them to the Promised Land was God’s plan. This was a two-phased plan; (1) bring them out of Egypt, and (2) relocate them in the Promised Land. Moses' chore was only the first phase, as the hereunder-appearing scripture will show. His commission was just to bring them out of Egypt, but not the second phase of taking them to the land flowing with milk and honey. God revealed his plan Exodus, chapter 3 verse 8: Quote:
And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
But Moses’ own detail was stipulated in verse 10: Quote:
Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
That’s where his job ended. As you’ve seen, he completed his assignment. Taking them to the Promised Land was phase two of God’s plan, and now, that’s the long and short of it.

Yes, he may have gone into the land had it not been for the actions of the children of disobedience.

Mark these lines:
Moses' chore was only the first phase, as the hereunder-appearing scripture will show. His commission was just to bring them out of Egypt, but not the second phase of taking them to the land flowing with milk and honey. ..That’s where his job ended. As you’ve seen, he completed his assignment.

I disagreed and told you that God's plan was for Moses to take them into the promised land. There was only one plan. I gave you the reason Moses did not enter the promised land and why they stayed 40years in the wilderness and to make sure i wasnt misunderstanding you, i asked you you were really saying.

Now you have written:
No, I didn’t say that Moses was just part of God’s plan, and neither did I say that God had no intentions of having Moses lead the people into Canaan.

Am i reading the above wrong? I never said God's charge denied Moses the promised land but UNBELIEF. So i asked you if you agreed with me that is was unbelief and you wrote:
No, I don’t. Moses didn’t enter the land because of his unbelief, not because of God’s charge. A little confusing, huh? I know. You see, the charging was God’s, but the unbelief was Moses’. It was Moses’ action (unbelief) that was punished, not God’s action (charge).

From what you have written above we are saying the same thing, that you agree with me UNBELIEF, as charged by God prevented him from the promised land, not God's charge which i only mentioned to show how i came about the reason UNBELIEF.

You have not yet told us why Moses wasnt to lead to the promised land but wrote
Before proving why Moses did not lead the people into Canaan, maybe, you should first deal with why you think he was supposed to go into the land at the head of the people. If God said it, then Moses should. But if he didn’t say it, the assumption will do us no good.

Ok, I will answer you with the scriptures from the book of Numbers 20 vs 12:
But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them."

Now, if the words "YOU WILL NOT BRING THIS COMMUNITY INTO THE LAND I GIVE THEM" does not say they were supposed to until that incident, i dont know what will. This is why i have said from the beginning, Moses was to leand them into Canaan until this statement. It wasnt a design by God that he should only bring them out of Egypt.

God almost never reveals the contents of our lives to us or a commission. As you obey, he reveals more. Nobody being called by God is expected to know the end from the beginning. That knowledge belongs to God. Our part is to obey. From Noah unto Abraham whom God told to leave his people without giving him a destination. What did he do? He obeyed. Tell me one person who knew the End of a service from it's beginning even to Paul the Apostle, could he haave told that he will be locked up, beaten,left for dead etc? Peter didnt know at the end he was going to be crucified upside down.John 16:1-4
These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

But this is one of the hopes of every believer John16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Kellyeva wrote:
Here i agree with Prince it was Moses's unbelief that prevented him from entering the promised land.

I think we're saying the same thing and if we are, i rest my case.
toohandsometoleaveyou

Postby chizor » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:14 pm

Na wa o! Toohan and Prince..its amazing how Chris Okotie's gist has led us to Egypt, the promised land and back.

I'm enjoying this guys.
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby checkj » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:43 pm

Moses believed God, it was his generation (the people he was leading) that doubted God, his generation did not enter the promised land because they did not believe completely in God's ability to lead them and always complained - Hebrews 3:8-11

Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.

As for Moses, he did not enter the promised land because he allowed the Isrealites to provoke him to anger thereby causing him to disobey God by striking the rock instead of speaking to it like God commanded Deut 1: 37

Also the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, saying, Thou also shalt not go in thither.

[/quote]
checkj
Prefect
Prefect

Postby weruche » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:55 pm

@ Chizor.
:smt043 :smt043 :smt043

...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Kellyeva » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:31 am

fOR REAL CHIZOR, THIS JIST IS NOW SOMTHING ELSE? VERY SOON IT WILL MOVE FROM THE PROMISED LAND TO SOMETHING ELSE. ABEG PRINCE END THE CONVERSATION :-D :-D :-D :-D
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Prince » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:16 am

Kelly wrote:
FOR REAL CHIZOR, THIS JIST IS NOW SOMTHING ELSE? VERY SOON IT WILL MOVE FROM THE PROMISED LAND TO SOMETHING ELSE. ABEG PRINCE END THE CONVERSATION

Ah! No be me startam-o. No Chizor be the chief ‘ngineer. Na-im start the fire-o-o. Chizor wrote:
...Its my understandin that he is contesting in next years presidential elections.
Does it make sense? Bearing in mind that he is a Pastor?

Then, small time, na-im e-come put small fuel ‘nsai:
Prince, you know, I've been pondering on this for a while, but i didnt want to bring it up for the fear of deviating. I would have thought the same too, but then i remembered Moses. God called him to lead the Israelites out of Egypt and into the promise land. He lead them out, but did he get to the promised land? he didnt did he? If so, that means the above doesnt always follow.

Now, Checkj don carry gallon of kerosene come.
As for Moses, he did not enter the promised land because he allowed the Isrealites to provoke him to anger thereby causing him to disobey God by striking the rock instead of speaking to it like God commanded Deut 1: 37
If we begin follow this one now, and e-be like say we go follow-am, na another one mile waka we get. Na so life be-o-o.
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

PreviousNext

Return to Politics