[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Wimbledon Agrees to Equal Prize Money.

Wimbledon Agrees to Equal Prize Money.

Discuss your favorite sports or teams: Soccer, NFL, NBA, MLB, Volley-ball and a lot more

Wimbledon Agrees to Equal Prize Money.

Postby Prince » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:23 am

Wimbledon Agrees to Equal Prize Money
By KRYSTYNA RUDZKI, AP Sports Writer
38 minutes ago

WIMBLEDON, England - After years of holding out against equal prize money, Wimbledon bowed to public pressure Thursday and agreed to pay women players as much as the men at the world's most prestigious tennis tournament.

The All England Club announced at a news conference that it had decided to fall into line with other Grand Slam events and offer equal pay through all rounds at this year's tournament.

"Tennis is one of the few sports in which women and men compete in the same event at the same time," club chairman Tim Phillips said. "We believe our decision to offer equal prize money provides a boost for the game as a whole and recognizes the enormous contribution that women players make to the game and to Wimbledon.

"In short, good for tennis, good for women players and good for Wimbledon."

Last year, men's champion Roger Federer received $1.170 million and women's winner Amelie Mauresmo got $1.117 million.

The U.S. Open and Australian Open have paid equal prize money for years. The French Open paid the men's and women's champions the same for the first time last year, although the overall prize fund remained bigger for the men.

Full story:
http://www.comcast.net/sports/index.jsp ... 93134.html
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Ugbonma » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:39 am

Inequality between men and women are still common in societies where we think that women have the same rights as men, maybe even more
I guess this only applies to divorce and claim of property
In every other area, men just want to dominate
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Prince » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:00 am

It's About Time!

While one may consider it silly and ridiculous for Wimbledon to quibble over $53, I think it's even more ridiculous that it took this long to come to terms with the evil of their ways. Fifty three dollars?

The only arguable point I may see there is the time of play. Women play only three sets as opposed to six by men. But hey, I think the girls are as entertaining as the guys, or more so, if you like what I like. As a matter of fact, I only watch ladies matches. And of course, the contestants have to have bountiful treasures.

And before any folks run off with half-baked conclusions about my Christianity, they better research their scriptures meticulously.
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby stellaukaoma » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:25 am

Prince wrote:It's About Time!

And before any folks run off with half-baked conclusions about my Christianity, they better research their scriptures meticulously.

Was that really necessary?
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Prince » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:29 pm

stellaukaoma wrote:
Prince wrote:It's About Time!

Was that really necessary?

Yes, Stella, it was necessary. For those who have refused to acknowledge what this site is all about, it was necessary to remind them that it is not cute to talk about an issue one has no working knowledge about. It is disrespectful to for a site member to always impugn the morality of a fellow site member, when that member is not the subject matter. It is not cute to tell another member how or what to write, instead of arguing the substance of the member’s writing.

We sit here and praise God, pray for site members, feel sad at another’s misfortune. Is all that lip service? Because there those who have no recreation unless they are needling others. When they are overwhelmed in a discussion, they resort to personal attacks. Yes, I say it was necessary, now sue me, Stella.

When people debate, they should do so from a position of knowledge, and on the basis of facts, not innuendoes and conjectures. If one has no personal knowledge of what one is talking about, one is better of it if one zips up.

For those who think the only way to jumpstart this forum is by wickedly attacking other members, they should look around. This site is on fire, no thanks to such misguided notions.

And for you, Stella, you seem to get your groove on by picking a fight with me. I don’t know why, but it is so. If you want to fight about an issue, or my argument, I’m all for it. But somehow, you seem to believe you have garnered enough experience, knowledge and wisdom to counsel, or otherwise deride, me at every opportunity you get.

We of African decent, and specifically Igbo, taunt and pride on our respect for our elders. If this is your version of respect, I’d hate to see those you don’t respect. If you have no respect for me for just being another human being, or site member, do so for my age. I’m old enough to be your father. Show some discipline. Be advised to operate within the rules and guidelines of this site.

If this is not hostility, it must be love. It has to be one or the other. Come clean; let’s hear it. If you hate me that much, I wanna get it straight. I like to know who my enemies are. What is it about me that really gnaws on your tush? If I anger you that much, why not avoid my posts? Do you really believe that squaring off with me makes you a better person? Would you not take measures to preempt such warrant-less attacks, if you were the target? Rather than get of on me, who am a victim, why don’t you ease off, and advise your partners to do the same? Yes, it was really, really necessary
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby stellaukaoma » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:49 pm

The usual "Prince" style. Overreacting to every comment. You label the so-called other people's comment as "half-baked" and yet talking about people resorting to "personal attacks". Your statement sounds like an attack to other, my dear

I'll tell you your problem, you confuse disagreeing on an issue with hating/disliking somebody. For your information, the two are not synonymous. I have seen the kind of comments you like to hear "Prince, you write very well", "Prince you should be a lawyer" etc then you start dedicating odes to those people

Firstly, this is not a fan club, this is a forum where people agree/disagree on issues
Secondly, the fact that somebody disagrees with your view does not mean that the person does not believe you are a good writer. Its the CONTENT, not the DELIVERY that is being questioned. Know that! (as my teacher would say)
Thirdly, somebody disagreeing with you is no indication that they have no respect for you. You really, really need to understand the difference

We all come from different backgrounds and experiences and these shape our views and opinions. I as many others have agreed with one person on a topic and totally disagreed on the very next topic! Its no big deal. This is a virtual forum, your views will still be your views. Nobody is going to come into your house to force you to see things my way.

So you need to calm down and take these discussions for what they are, merely adults having conversations. Thats all it is.

As for the rest of your comment, what can I say? I'm sure glad you got it off your chest Prince :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now go read, pray or whatever you do for relaxation cos you have finally got it off.

PS: Any topic on this forum is fair game for my contribution.
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Ugbonma » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:04 pm

DAMN!!!!!!!!!! i thot this thread was about wimbledon and the price money :?
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Prince » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:30 pm

You call it over-reacting. What do you call yourself when you answer calls not directed to you? No, you are the one who got it wrong. Sensitivity is a virtue, not a vice, as you would have us believe. It is sensitivity that makes you treat others as you would want them treat you. It makes you take others into consideration before making a statement about them.

When people are offended, civilility calls for the offended party to inform the offender of the matter. Peace lovers use this first line of action to forestall any nasty aftermath. However, there are those who will never admit their wrongdoing, own up to it. and or apologize for it. They see their right to insult others as paramount. I’ll leave to you to find a proper tag for such.

What else would you call statements made without the benefit of personal knowledge, or statements that have neither truth nor facts to them? How about when one is mistaken for a Christian? Once, you disputed my right to cite the bible because, devoid of any knowledge of my personal life, you think I don't live by it. These are the templates of some statements directed against me. When I complain, you get angry. Ain’t that a switch?

You may find it difficult to believe, I have enough English power at my command to know the difference between disagreement and personal attack. And what is it to you if I told my would-be attackers to hold it off until they are sure or their facts? Answer: you are one of them. For you, it's customary to come to the support of any one who levels an unwarranted personal attack on me

No, Stella, you don’t disagree with people; you look for fights. You find it difficult to express your opposing view without suck-punching somebody on the nose. Your most recent victim is Trish. On the American Idol thread, Trish expressed her take, without referring to you by name. She only addressed the subjects of the topic. Your response was:
Em Trish, it takes a lot to go up and sing before the entire country. Its not as easy as it seems so if they mess up, then they should be told politely.

Need I mention Jennifer Hudson? He was so critical of her when she was on the show but as we can all see, she ain't no loser. So Cowell needs to tone it down a bit. I bet you will not like him talking to you like that.
You had a good argument, which I agreed with, until your last sentence, that is. How do you know that much about Trish? It’s one thing to speculate on her tolerance, but to be certain enough to bet on it? Besides, she was neither a contestant nor a judge. Could your argument not have stood without provoking a incident?

Now, we are getting down to the bottom of it all. It finally comes out. So, this is what it is all about? I can’t believe you actually said this:
I have seen the kind of comments you like to hear "Prince, you write very well", "Prince you should be a lawyer" etc then you start dedicating odes to those people.

Firstly, this is not a fan club.
Many members have been acknowledged for their contribution on this site. Weruche and Aisha, to pick just a couple, have been recognized. So, this is what’s bugging you? I think I’ll leave you to find a suitable terminology for that trait.

No, I didn’t just get whatever off my chest. I required an answer, which would direct my reaction, depending on if you overtures were amicable or inimical. You know the expression, “friend or foe.”

You find it easy to tell another not to respond to hostile report, but you are the first to arrrive at the scene of any trouble. It was not long ago you were busted for taking on a new username just to fight on this same forum. I don't dispute that posts are fair game, but a little civility goes a long, long way.

Meanwhile, do you remember the very last thing you said to me in your response? I think you should go indulge yourself. You need it more than I so.
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby stellaukaoma » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:41 pm

You lose sleep over nothing.
Its simple, if you can't take the heat, no need being in the kitchen. Any topic on this site is fair game for anybody to agree/disagree with. Deal with it.

And in response to your hostility/love thing .... sorry emotions are a continuum. I neither love/hate you. I sometimes agree with your opinions, other times I don't. Its that simple.

As for the remainder of your write-up, *shrugging* Once again, glad you got it off your chest.
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Prince » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:41 pm

Heat, what heat? If that's what you call whatever it is you are generating, maybe this is a good time to tell you that I need some more blankets.

You may call it nothing, but I got news for you. It’s not for the offender to determine what hurts and what doesn’t. The best wish we can bestow on another human is to call on god’s blessing on him. Say, you say to somebody, “God bless you,” and he turns around and tells you he doesn’t appreciate it, and informs you not to say that to him again. What do you do, stand there and try to show you are right, or just say, “I’m sorry about that; I didn’t mean to offend you,” and then move on? From the fig tree learn a lesson.

You still don’t get it. You still think it’s about agreeing or disagreeing with me. Do you really believe I care one bit about your agreement? If you are truthful about some of my opinions you agree with, why haven’t I read about them? I don’t mind your disagreements, for the millionth time, it’s the personal attacks that I abhor.

Things are not as simple as that, Stella. Poking is a simple movement, but poking a beehive can be a seriously complicated matter. I’m delighted you have elected to shrug it off. If you are as smart as you present yourself, you’d keep walking, as you do your shrugging, beginning here and now.

I have always said that I don’t fancy trading insults with a lady. I’ve declared it here and on other sites. If that’s why you think I’m an easy prey, I’d advise you to seriously reconsider. In my pledge, the key word is lady. You better demonstrate you are a lady, or I’ll go to the mat with you, no holds barred. Don’t say you’ve not been warned.
Last edited by Prince on Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby badah » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:00 pm

could we be overeacting. :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 . this is ridiculous. we all have a right to opinions dont we. lets sing and be happy. :smt035 :smt028 .
badah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby stellaukaoma » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:14 pm

Prince wrote:

I have always said that I don’t fancy trading insults with a lady. I’ve declared it here and on other sites. If that’s why you think I’m an easy prey, I’d advise you to seriously reconsider. In my pledge, the key word is lady. You better demonstrate you are a lady, or I’ll go to the mat with you, no holds barred. Don’t say you’ve not been warned.

Haha, u don't fancy trading insults with a lady? You could have fooled me.

Listen, I don't know what you consider to be "demonstrating I'm a lady" or what you mean by "going to the mat with me, no holds barred" I'm not even going to touch the "warning" part but I'm going to clue you in on a few things

... it is unnecessary for you to preface issues you consider volatile with words like what my detractors/attackers will say, etc. Make your point and move on, if people agree, then they agree; if they choose to disagree then they disagree. It does not make anybody an "attacker" because they chose to disagree with you

... I have launched no personal attack on you, I asked you if the phrase "folks running off with half-baked conclusions about your christianity" was necessary. And its still not necessary.

...You have being making all kind of sexual innuendoes on this site for a little bit now so I'm not so sure what it is about "bountiful treasures" (your words) you think will elicit "half-baked conclusions"

Suffice to say, you've tried mudslinging, tried I guess the verbal equivalent of "hard punches" to keep me quiet. So now we are in the era of threats. What can I say? Carry out whatever threats you are making whenever you want to but I stand my ground, we have the right to agree/disagree with you. I disagreed with you on that. Period :smt102
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Prince » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:14 am

Yes, I don’t fight with ladies. If I’m offended by any, I put it straight to that one, with out mincing words. I guess that rules you out as belonging in that group. To be a lady, you have to behave like one. Ladies don’t go about fishing for trouble. Ladies don’t prove their status by beating up on men. Many great ladies have risen to the top, having dominion over men, without laying a glove on them.

No, it’s not a threat; it’s a promise. I’ll take you to the mat. That’s what I do to guy, the kind you are trying so hard to become. You take it upon yourself to tell me what is wrong with me? You couldn’t figure out what is wrong with a pimple on my chin, if your life depended on it. You are vexed because I choose a different way to describe things. It’s called style, in the literary world. On occasion, you have mentioned body parts by name. Say, you call it penis; I call it dipstick. Why does that bother you?

Things have been written, or linked, here that are sometimes explicit. You are yet to go up in arms. But when write about things, you are angered because? My descriptive writing style may be indirect or even subtle, but innuendoes, they are not. What is it about my style that makes you consider it derogatory, a qualifying factor of innuendoes? To differences: I’m not an FGGCO alumna and I’m a man. Hating men doesn’t a lady make.

Why am I surprised that you deny your attacks? It’s all about sensitivity, an important defining trait of ladyship. Again, you come out way short. A lady would not to cross the line, knowing that her rights end where somebody else’s begin.

No, boss, you are the one losing sleep over insignificant things. I think you are taking this Women’s Lib stuff way too far, you don't know which end is up anymore. You don't even know what the liberation movement is all about. If you knew, you would also know that it has never been an all women's fight. Men like us help make it happen. You seem to think it's a war against men. It's all about fairness vs. injustice, appreciation vs. oppression.

I just posted my support for equal pay for equal work, and all you could see was bountiful treasures? If you don’t know what it means, just ask somebody. If you don't have anything worth admiring, don't look at me. It's not my fault. Don’t go, making it look like I was describing you. You are not the only woman here, and challenging my style is definitely not gonna get you noticed, not in a positive light.

Consider this your first lesson on Being a Lady 101. It's free.
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby stellaukaoma » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:33 am

Ad hominum attacks, right up ur alley.
Yes Mr. Prince, question my being a lady .... how can I expect any more from you. You have run out of things to say so now its attacking "my ladiness or lack of"
However, unlike you, I stick to my point. And I can make it without resorting to viciousness

You need to refrain from over-reacting when people disagree with your opinion and from attacking people in advance who you think are going to disagree with what you have said

Living should be about growing. Once you stop growing, you might as well stop living! To get so rattled about what you think somebody is going to say that you pre-empt it by making the kind of statement you made originally, is just unwarranted

Open your mind, thats all you have to do. Show me a place where everyone is agreeing and I'll show you a place where nobody is thinking

While it seems intuitive that your friends will agree with you and your enemies will disagree with you, in real life, we have friends we keep IN SPITE of not agreeing with them and their choices.

No 2 people can see things exactly the same way. Thats why we learn to disagree on issues without killing each other

Quit your ad hominum attacks ... continue if you wish. Means nothing to me. I'm still going to call it the way I see it. I know you think you can make me so upset, I'll stop responding. But, you need to understand that your words/actions etc speak the most about YOU.

You have threatened, warned, promised all kinds of things but so far, I haven't seen anything. I'm still breathing, eating, going to work and living so I still don't know what you plan on doing to me.

Bottom line, this is a forum, if you can't handle people disagreeing with you (the heat) you need not put up comments (step out the kitchen)
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby dubem » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:31 am

wow, why can't we all just get along?

Prince, if you looked at the general topics forum, you would have been able to see that this thread had already been started by non other than moi :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway, ya'll relax :!: take a cold shower and be at peace with all men and women.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Next

Return to Sports