[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - How would you go on...

How would you go on...

Discuss your favorite sports or teams: Soccer, NFL, NBA, MLB, Volley-ball and a lot more

How would you go on...

Postby dubem » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:42 pm

I was reading an article about a skier whose leg had to be amputated after a sky accident that resulted in serious health risks for him.
He is only 27 years old~ 8O 8O 8O

The question came to mind:
How would you go on...
If the very thing that made u who you are today were to be taken away!

Read below:
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23463936/

As Chizor would say...
DISCUSS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby zika_anoka » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:32 pm

My dear sis,

It is not a leg that makes one who u are. It is God. I have seem people turn their adversity to stories of success.

I would not pray for that to happen to me, but then I know that if one door closes anoda go open

Afterall all things are working for our good

How far na?????
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:06 pm

I completly agree with u boo.
But there are people who don't have this understanding and find it hard to move forward.

Let me ask anoda question...
What about u do people know u for?

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby zika_anoka » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:31 am

God :!: :!: :!:
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby gloria » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Going to be very realistic and say it will be extremely difficult. Theory is theory, life is life. I will probably be very angry, will turn into a recluse and experience major lows, will have to tackle depression, and really learn the meaning of humility. But I’m sure that God in his infinite mercy will send at least someone to remind of the need, and how to rely on Him and go on.
gloria
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby gloria » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:07 pm

What do people know me for? If I took a survey, I would probably get a broad range of answers, including my mischief, late hours at work, impatience, full bellied laughter (honestly I’m always cracking up at work), and much to my chagrin – my butt which has refused to go down despite all the dieting (ok make I no lie, I don’t diet, right now I am on a mission to make it ‘beyonce-like’, since it has refused to go away, it might as well look good). The most common response would probably be for being outspoken.
Last edited by gloria on Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gloria
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Glo, u are something else, true! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But since na only u and Zika wey don answer my qwesion...
Zika, can u imagine a world where someone in ur shoes woke up only to be told that there is no more God in the world? 8O 8O 8O
(For sure, dis one na serious God forbid but think about this hypothetically speaking for a moment!)

Glo, u ma sef, imagine a world where someone in ur shoes woke up and was no longer able to speak or bellow out their popular big laughs? 8O 8O 8O

That kind of speechless state was was I felt when I read this guys article.
Now as a believer, I wonderd, how will I be able to effectively minister to someone as hurt and as broken as this individual... :smt102

What would I even say that can begin to make a difference in their lives. :(

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:15 pm

Maybe the real title of this thread should have been:
How to effectively reach the lost...or something along those lines :?

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby gloria » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:28 pm

dubem wrote:Now as a believer, I wonderd, how will I be able to effectively minister to someone as hurt and as broken as this individual... :smt102

What would I even say that can begin to make a difference in their lives. :(

Dubem honestly if you ever find an answer to this I would love to hear it.
gloria
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby zika_anoka » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Personally, the few times I have found my self in situations like these :oops: , I have shut up and empathised more :cry: :cry: .

The truth is that most people don't like u in ur bid to bring God into the situation belittling their grief or apparently evident disadvantage. There is a time to laugh and a time to mourn.....So i leave them to mourn.And by the help of the Holy Spirit speak choice words that would comfort. If it is a close friend, somtimes I use words they themselves used to comfort others in need. But if the person wants to perpetually remain in their grief then Plan B comes into play.....the frank talk..

But I always realize that I know in part like the bible says so I can't claim to know God's every move!!!
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Re: How would you go on...

Postby chizor » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:15 am

dubem wrote:The question came to mind:
How would you go on...
If the very thing that made u who you are today were to be taken away!

It wont be easy and i dont know how I'll go on. Life will be miserable. Will probably think about committing suicide. :( :( :(
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Return to Sports