[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php54/root/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - TENNIS: Queen Serena Reigns Again At Australian Open.

TENNIS: Queen Serena Reigns Again At Australian Open.

Discuss your favorite sports or teams: Soccer, NFL, NBA, MLB, Volley-ball and a lot more

TENNIS: Queen Serena Reigns Again At Australian Open.

Postby Prince » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:08 am

Hail, All Hail, Queen Serena! Ruler Of 2007 Australian Open:

Serena Williams Demolishes Russian Maria Sharapova.

Did anybody here watch the 2007 Australian Open Women Championships? It was a sight to behold. Not only did she serve up blistering ace after blistering ace, but also rustled up a hearty, healthy platter of glazed crow, with a side order of humble pie, served on her famished critics’ big feet, which they had no problem sticking in their mouth. I have a hunch she played hostess, with all pleasure.

Coming into the series, Serena was ranked #81 in the world of women’s tennis, and was not even seeded, resultant of her only four tournaments last year and the 2003 devastating murder of her half-sister, Yotunde Price. She leaves Melbourne, Australia with the trophy and a #14 rating. Not even an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) could be launched that far, that quickly.

By contrast, her Russian born adversary, Maria Sharapova, came in ranking #1. Despite being raked all over the court, complements of Serena, she still leaves Melbourne seeded number one. One thing is for sure. She will be going home in an ambulance on account of the welts, cuts, bruises, and burns she is sure to develop from the merciless lashing endured in the hands of Miss Williams.

A word to all my sisters, here, obsessed with weightloss. As I have always said: get enough exercise in, for the cardiovascular benefits. As long as you keep the stomach down, you’ll be better than fine. From Serena Williams, learn a lesson. Some reporters describe her as being in top form, and her performance as eye-popping. They know what they are really talking about, all right. I bet you 90% of the eyes at the arena were not watching her game. Excepting towards the end, there were not a lot of roar when she won a point. I’m sure their eyes were fixated on the extras she was logging around the court like she had nothing there.

Matthew Cronin of tennisreporters.net tells the story.

Serena's performance a blast from the past
Matthew Cronin / tennisreporters.net
Posted: 4 hours ago

MELBOURNE, Australia - The charismatic Serena Williams has always been a bit of an enigma on court and off, but her personal struggles over the past three years have been as normal as anyone's who has lost a sibling.

Career often came second, because the tennis superstar hadn't come to terms yet with the murder of her half-sister Yetunde Price, in Compton, California, in the fall of 2003.

For the most part since then, Williams' game had significantly fallen off and it wasn't until the 2007 Australian Open that Serena had processed her sister's death enough to be able to come back on court and display her heavenly form.

"That really affected Serena," said her mother Oracene Price, after her daughter put on one of the most eye-popping devastations of a top-ranked player in a Grand Slam final with her 6-1, 6-2 blowout of No. 1 Maria Sharapova. "She knew it was necessary to go through the struggle. She knew she had something in her and she had to find her heart again."

There's no doubting Serena's heart any more, neither the size of her commitment nor her ability to beat the best when she's on.

Full story:
http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/6413234?MSNHPHMA

Photo Galleries:
http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/pgStory ... geNumber=1
Last edited by Prince on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby faridah » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:15 am

Didn't see this one but saw her in another game last week. I am glad she has her game back. Go Serena!
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Lioness » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:21 am

When Serena was playing the 1/4 and semi finals her opponets had match points....SO I am glad she dismantled Maria and did not give her a lfoothold in the match!
Serena Go girl!!
Lioness

Postby kk » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:00 am

Serena was awesome, she was phenomenal.....She had a point to proove.
I mean, I am proud of her. I am always proud of those two girls (Wlliam sisters) when ever I watch them.
I saw her dismantle Maria Sharapova in pieces...
She came to the Championship unseeded and was the title!
My Gwad!
Lemme stop there....I am still overwhelmed!
Enjoy life....You never live the same day twice!
kk
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Prince » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:28 am

@ KK:
Count me in. I'm with you all the way. Beside the total and uncompromized dominatin of the kid, Serena treated us with some dramatic effects, never before seen the the world of tennis. Who did not see the look she gave Maria whenever she administered a punishment? It was like she was telling her she didn't belong in the same league with her. What about the promise of retribution communicated by her look and facial expression when Maria hit her with one of her volleys? She seemed to say, "For that, you are toast. You are gonna pay heavily for hitting me." For me, it was the view. I saw everything, and I loved what I saw.
If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!
(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)
Prince
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Return to Sports