[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Prayer Requests here

Prayer Requests here

Discuess issues in Christainity, Islam, and more

Postby ozy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:09 am

nekababy wrote:Please you guys should remember my family in your prayer at this difficult time. It's still like a dream to me that our father has left us....

Neka biko i'm very sorry for what has happened to you. Accept my sympathy. I can understand what u are going through. It's only God who can feel that void. I actually got closer to God after my Dad passed away. I fully accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. He is the only One who can wipe your tears and comfort you. Sorry once again. You will always be in my prayers.
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
ozy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby ozy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:15 am

Please ladies pray for my friend Katherine who travelled to her home in Kenya with her 2yr old daughter last 2 weeks. They were supposed to return next week but the child drowned yesterday at their villa. I am so shocked right now and don't know what to do. I got the news last night during choir practice.
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
ozy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby nekababy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:28 am

Thanks ladies for all the prayers and concern... It really means a lot to me and my family...
nekababy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby adore » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:00 pm

please remember this family in your prayers. I got this news yesterday, one of the worst news ......... This is my God sister's husband. He was all in all to everyone , and the worst is that my God sis is still in uk, she just had twins and the guy only returned to Nig last week. The worst is that I cant sleep since I heard this. I have been asking God to please provide her whatever comfort she needs as it seems she may not be comforted. She is only in her early thirties.please pls remember her and her family.... :cry: :cry: below is the story of his death.....

TRAGEDY struck on Tuesday in Port Harcourt as suspected gunmen shot dead the General Manager (Administration and Marketing) of Integrated Logistic Services (INTELS), Mr. Chuks Ihuoma.

advertisement

Ihuoma, who just resumed work last Thursday after two months vacation overseas was shot in front of his house at Rumuibekwe Housing Estate off Aba Road about 9:00pm.

An official of INTELS, who pleaded anonymity, disclosed to The Guardian yesterday that as Ihuoma's driver was approaching the gate of his house, he observed that a Sport Utility Van (SUV) had been trailing them from Aba Road.

The source added instinctively, Ihuoma ordered his driver to put the car in reverse and make a U-turn back to Aba Road, but as he attempted to do so, the gunmen immediately used their own vehicle to block them thereby making it impossible for any possible escape.

He continued: "One of the gunmen was said to have alighted from the SUV and shot the tyres of Ihuoma's car and also pointed a gun at the driver and ordered him to come out and lie down on the ground.

"Amid the pandemonium, one of the gunmen opened fire on Ihuoma and the bullet pieced through his eye. The victim was said to have died on the spot."

He said: "They aimed the gun at him and shot him from the windscreen. One of the assassins broke the window on the passenger's side of the car and attempted to spray more bullet on him but the person who shot him (Ihuoma) said he should not waste more bullets as the man was already dead."

The source said Ihuoma did not have armed policemen guarding him at the time of the incident, adding "there were however two policemen at his house when the gunmen struck."

The deceased wife, who is presently in London was said to have given birth to a set of twins two weeks ago.

INTELS spokesperson, Mr. Ken Fashola, said the assassination was condemnable and dastardly, describing Ihuoma as a gentleman and a devout Christian who certainly could not have offended anyone.

The Rivers State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Rita Inoma-Abbey, confirmed the murder and said the motive for the act was yet to be ascertained by the police.

She however, explained that the police recovered some ammunition from the scene of the crime.
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.(civil rights leader)
adore
Senior Student
Senior Student

Postby faridah » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:27 am

This is so sad Adore, I am sorry for your loss and I pray that God provides for your God sister. We all need to pray about the escalating violence in Nigeria. This is definitely not the country I knew growing up. God help us and protect us.
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby stellaukaoma » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Na wa for we Nigerians! Please take heart oh
stellaukaoma
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby UjuN » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:49 pm

Adore please take heart, and may God strengthen his wife and everyone that knew and loved the deceased. May God wrap his wife with his loving arms, and give her the strength to be able to provide for the children that were a product of the love him and her shared.
Very unfortunate
UjuN
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Ugbonma » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:59 pm

Adore, Our good and merciful father will give his wife and family the fortitude to bear this loss.
God is her strength and will guide her to put the few broken pieces of her life back together
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby adore » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:34 pm

Thank you all so much for your prayers, God will surely see her through.... I say Amen to all your prayers
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.(civil rights leader)
adore
Senior Student
Senior Student

Postby NeneU » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:25 pm

dubem wrote:I know a lot of us here have at one time or another listened to songs by gospel singer Steven Curtis Chapman...

I heard a very disheartening story this morning on my way to work.
The couples, teenage son mistakenly ran over his little sis in their driveway yesterday.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

I know it must be a very sad and trying time for this family so please pray for them and lift them up that God will grant them peace and everlasting hope... :( :( :( Amen

http://cbs5.com/entertainment/Steven.Cu ... 29951.html
http://www.macon.com/231/story/357949.html
PS...UGbaby, I thank God you are feeling better now... :P

Oh my! I just read this. This happened last year? Stephen Curtis Chapman? Of course I know him. I love his song "I will be here"; I heard he wrote it for his wife. Oh....this is so sad.
I pray that God continues to comfort him and to strengthen his faith in Him, inspite of this sad mishap, in Jesus' name. Amen

My heart really goes out to his family :(
NeneU

Postby jezzy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 am

Hello everyone,
Would you all please remember my friend and classmate in your prayers.She just received a cervical cancer diagnosis and will need all the prayers she can get;prayers for healing,strength,grace,faith and for her family and for her academics.Just pray as the Spirit leads you.Thanks a bunch.
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Previous

Return to Religion