[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - LIFE AFTER DEATH

LIFE AFTER DEATH

Discuss daily and general issues

LIFE AFTER DEATH

Postby chizor » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Around 11pm this evening, on my way back home from Uni, I jumped on the Jubilee line train just as the doors were about to shut. Immediately, my eyes caught a young lady that was sitting right next to the door. I almost jumped right back out of the train, but the doors had already shut. The lady looked just like someone I had gone for her wake keeping about 4 years ago. Upon a closer look, I realised that my eyes were playing tricks on me.

However, today’s incident reminded me of a story I heard from one reverend father about two months ago. The story was about a man in naija who died, but came back to live a very normal life in a different state entirely. He eventually disappeared from that state when he was spotted by someone he knew.

I’ve always believed that anything is possible, but I find it pretty difficult to believe this story. What are your thoughts? Ever heard such a story? Do you believe it’s possible for someone to come back and live a normal life after they’ve been buried?
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby kk » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:19 am

Nhiaa...Chizo, you are becoming pretty spiritual these days.....pray tell more... :-D
Enjoy life....You never live the same day twice!
kk
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby horizon » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:19 pm

its probably her, humans being recycle themselves!
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby dubem » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:13 pm

Nne, I don't believe in reincarnation.
Bible says that it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Heb 9:27. In that same chapter, a verse before, Jesus is used as an example of humanity who died once and once only.

It didn’t say that man will die and come back to life again before the judgment…
However, I know that there are demons and familiar spirits who parade themselves about but that is a tale for a different day. :smt017 :|

People may favor one another and tend to look alike. Like people say u look like Ini Edo. Doesn’t mean you are Ini or Ini is you. Just means that you ladies share a semblance. :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby nkay » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:04 pm

I don't believe in reincarnation too. But as for the story about people seeing dead ones, I believe it. The only explanation I can give is that it's not really the dead person you're seeing but the devil trying to be funny. I believe there are demons and spirits in this world and they are evil enough to take any shape and form. No be devil again. There's evil in this world.
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby jezzy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:50 pm

About your story,I have similar ones before but I'll share the one my grandma told me.

There was this woman who had died untimely in our village and was buried and all.Then one day my grandma went to visit one of my uncles in another state and went to church on one Sunday like that and saw this lady in church.She said that she was shocked because she and the lady made eye contact and after service,she tried to locate the lady but to no avail and no one seemed to know who she(lady) had come with to church(and because I 've been to that church,it's not so big that you would lose someone just like that).She said that experience shook her up and asked me not to tell my mum(before they'd think she was becoming senile,lol).SO who did she see?I have no idea at all but I do believe that people see ghosts and what nots cos I too have.
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby chizor » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:21 pm

jezzy wrote:I have no idea at all but I do believe that people see ghosts and what nots cos I too have.

8O 8O 8O Jezzy..kowashiate this please? Gist us.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Trish » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:03 pm

I second that Jezzy - pls kowashiate!
Trish
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby jezzy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:54 am

Chizor and Trish,after my beautiful story na only that once sentence una see? :-D

Anyhuu,I once saw a ghost one night like that at the 'tap' by the gen in school(y'all still remember that 'tap' right?).I saw someone's shadow passing behind me and it was only me at the tap,thank God there was light or I might have had a heart attack.I flew back to dorm in record time shivering and swearing for the senior that sent me to wash her uniform that late at night. :-D
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby ozy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:03 am

jezzy wrote:Chizor and Trish,after my beautiful story na only that once sentence una see? :-D

Anyhuu,I once saw a ghost one night like that at the 'tap' by the gen in school(y'all still remember that 'tap' right?).I saw someone's shadow passing behind me and it was only me at the tap,thank God there was light or I might have had a heart attack.I flew back to dorm in record time shivering and swearing for the senior that sent me to wash her uniform that late at night. :-D

OK Jezzy, I think this one was our mind playing tricks on us. LoL We saw all kinds of spooky stuff at the 'tap'.
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
ozy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby chizor » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:37 pm

jezzy wrote:

Anyhuu,I once saw a ghost one night like that at the 'tap' by the gen in school(y'all still remember that 'tap' right?).

Jezzy baby! Dis wan na anti-climax o! :-D

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby jezzy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:18 pm

Lol,Ozy and Chizor.I saw something ghostly.How do you a explain a shadow of someone that wasn't there?

Then the other day I saw a man in my apartment and I live alone(well,used to).Or the little boy that we used to see run past us in our house.Who was he?Ngwa,kowaciate that one let me hear. :-D
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby ozy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:56 am

jezzy wrote:Then the other day I saw a man in my apartment and I live alone(well,used to).Or the little boy that we used to see run past us in our house.Who was he?Ngwa,kowaciate that one let me hear. :-D

Jezzy, this is way to o spooky for me. You want me to be scared of going into a dark empty room 8O 8O
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
ozy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby jezzy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:47 am

ozy wrote:
jezzy wrote:Then the other day I saw a man in my apartment and I live alone(well,used to).Or the little boy that we used to see run past us in our house.Who was he?Ngwa,kowaciate that one let me hear. :-D

Jezzy, this is way to o spooky for me. You want me to be scared of going into a dark empty room 8O 8O

No fear jare,remember "He that is in you is greater".
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby chizor » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:52 pm

jezzy wrote:Lol,Ozy and Chizor.I saw something ghostly.How do you a explain a shadow of someone that wasn't there?

Then the other day I saw a man in my apartment and I live alone(well,used to).Or the little boy that we used to see run past us in our house.Who was he?Ngwa,kowaciate that one let me hear. :-D

Coming to think of it, I have a really spooky story actually. It's a story i would love to share with you all after i submit my coursework.

It's not a ghost story, rather, it's a story about a little boy that kept appearing in our living room........
Last edited by chizor on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Next

Return to General Topics