[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - FACEBOOK

FACEBOOK

Discuss daily and general issues

Postby blackie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:51 pm

Infact chizor if u really want to rub it in, just confirm the friend request and then go right ahead and remove them from ur friends list 2 days later :lol:
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby blackbeauty » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:58 am

There is something I find really baffling about facebook and still do not know what the reasoning is behind it - why is that that people you don't know request to add them as your friends. I thought facebook was for old friends and to reconnect with people you have lost touch with. I just don't understand it - I find it very biazarre!!!

And secondly can someone honestly say that they have 1000 or more friends? Is it the truth? Its just that although I find this whole virtual world of facebook rather exciting, I am beginning to think it is not what it is cracked up to be. Am I the only one that thinks this?
blackbeauty
Junior Student
Junior Student

Postby dubem » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Blackbeauty, I think it depends on each individual... :P

If you check out the facebook about page:
Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.
Millions of people use Facebook everyday to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, share links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.

I have a ton of connections on facebook. Do I know all of them intimately???
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

I have different groups of people.
Some are scrabble buddies. People who are good at a game I enjoy and who I added so we could play games on my free time.
Some are celebrities whom I joined their fan clubs so I could keep up with their work :lol: :lol:
Some are high school pals, old feddy pals etc.
Groupings can be limitless. You can go as many ways as you want to. There is nothing wrong with it. PS: did you know that you could limit what each group sees or is able to view about you?????

While I am able to this and have fun getting to know new people, I do understand that there are some people who are more private and would rather not go to such lengths. I have even met old pals only to find out that we no longer have anything in common 8O 8O.

I will say, to each his own. To me, u get out what you put in, if you go into the global world suspicious of people, you will meet and find them. It you go in to find old friends, make new ones, you will find it, etc.

PS: message me your facebook id make I go fish u out.
lololol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You will become my 1001th facebook buddy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby blackie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:31 pm

is it 1001th or 1001st? just wondering, as they both sound weird...
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:50 pm

My dear, I thought about both and ended up with the "one thousand and oneth" option rather than "one thousand and first" option.
Abi na "one thousand and first sef????" :smt017

Ngwa English majors, tell us!!! :P

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby uluisrare » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:54 pm

i concur dubs....
i have heaps of pals representing diff things...
and sincerely out of the heap tho i may not know each of them intimately, i have some sort of shared interest with all of them.... some church, some friends of a friend, some feddy, some uni, some work... but i know them one way or the other...
and tho i have that many, i sincerely have about 400 others i have ignored their posts (private messages etc since replying with a simple who is this pls? gives the person access to my page for some time!) and invites, and add requests i have ignored...
and no, when u ignore someone they dont know... and when they remove u u dont know either, its just after they want to get on ur page they notice...
and chiz/weruch, i think its rare for someone to delete u in error... cos that's right at the bottom of the page and they have to have been looking for it to go there! :roll:
If swimming is so good for you why are whales so fat?
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby blackbeauty » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:58 pm

It is amazing and I am one of those weary about adding people that I do not know. . I agree with dubem and uluisrare- it is one to their own and up to the individual. maybe I have to reconsider my stand on this.

Don't worry dubem - I am already on your profile of friends!! - I hope it is not hard to believe!!!
blackbeauty
Junior Student
Junior Student

Postby dubem » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:01 pm

Hahahaha
No shaking!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby ozy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:12 am

It's true what Dubem said. my choice is different from anyone else. I have limited number of friends on my facebook page 'cos I'm scared of the cyberspace o. the same thing with the info i put out there too. I chose to use my married name for a reason too. And someone from this site has deleted me but I don't think it is by mistake. So I think I will just PM the person to ask her why. Well all the same I love it 'cos I have been able to reconnect with people I never thought I will see again in my lifetime. Thank God for Facebook!
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
ozy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby nkay » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:25 am

All this "add the person; don't add the person" is just much ado about nothing. If someone deleted you and it matters so much, just ask the person why, simple. Always give the benefit of the doubt. I hope you know if someone decides to leave facebook, the person disappers from your page so it'll appear as if he/she deleted you. If the person then decides to return he/she may need to add you back depending on whether he/she deleted all contacts upon leaving or not. When did facebook become the yardstick to determine how "true" a friend is anyway? Obviously there's a certain phantom on this site that deleted some of you and the conclusion is "I think it's not a mistake, I think she did it on purpose". Don't think!, Ask or forget about it.
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby chizor » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:38 pm

nhia....nkay, wetin happen? you're taking the matter up. :lol:
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby nkay » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:11 pm

:lol: :smt071 Naughty you. No be u cause am? No mind me o jare. I was in a foul mood this morning. That, coupled with the fact that some analyses here were bordering on pettiness, I just vex. I just deciced to use this medium to vent my frustration. :-D ...Bite me!
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Ugbonma » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:03 pm

Nkay I no blame u ojare. make we fashi dis FB business jooooo. Its not worth it at all at all. I no i may have deleted some pple and vice versa but its just an online network and no amount of feelings shud b attached to it (except those ppple u're close with in n out of FB)
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby horizon » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:58 am

listen if Fb is becomin too complicated, we should all come back here. i had another request from persin wey i no no...i propmtly rejected it,thanks to this thread,no more unneccessary deliberating.

i like how a topic totally deviates to another issue.....i concur with 10001th,wot do i know,just thot i contribute
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Ng » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:45 pm

Ugbonma wrote:Nkay I no blame u ojare. make we fashi dis FB business jooooo. Its not worth it at all at all. I no i may have deleted some pple and vice versa but its just an online network and no amount of feelings shud b attached to it (except those ppple u're close with in n out of FB)

Hi Ugbonma ! :lol:
Ng
Junior Student
Junior Student

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics