[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - FACEBOOK

FACEBOOK

Discuss daily and general issues

Postby Ugbonma » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:45 pm

Hi Ugbonma ! :lol:[/quote]

Hello Ng. waddup :? lol
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby weruche » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:22 am

Ozy, is your name 'Pretty Ad' on FB?

Dubem, remember pretty Ad? With no photos? Ok, confession time, one day Dubem and I had a talk about a certain Pretty Ad we both had on our page. Well, Dubem obviously didn't know this person either, so when she called to ask about this person...i deleted with speed and alacrity. If a whole Dubem didn't know, then i was very clearly dining( in this case, connecting) with the devil.
I deleted 'Pretty Ad' and a few others that I had accepted, without checking to see if I knew them. Let's just say I got paranoid.

Ozi are you Pretty ad?
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ( Phil. 3: 13-14)
weruche
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby ozy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:52 pm

My dear no I am not. i use my real name biko. Dubem knows.

weruche wrote:Ozy, is your name 'Pretty Ad' on FB?

Dubem, remember pretty Ad? With no photos? Ok, confession time, one day Dubem and I had a talk about a certain Pretty Ad we both had on our page. Well, Dubem obviously didn't know this person either, so when she called to ask about this person...i deleted with speed and alacrity. If a whole Dubem didn't know, then i was very clearly dining( in this case, connecting) with the devil.
I deleted 'Pretty Ad' and a few others that I had accepted, without checking to see if I knew them. Let's just say I got paranoid.

Ozi are you Pretty ad?
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
ozy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby dubem » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:24 am

Weruche, LORD have mercy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby jezzy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:37 am

Thank God for this bit of info,I'd been wondering how to delete some friends of friends that I had added and didn't know how to or who to ask.

By the way,how do all those random people find me and request to be my friend?I do love FB for the fact that it has got me in touch with peeps from long ago.

Let me go on a deleting mission,thanks y'all. :-D

It is 1001st.
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Kellyeva » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:59 pm

I'm really enjoying this thread. Chizor add them back abeg, i don't think its that serious. It could have been a mistake kwa u never know...
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby jezzy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:49 am

I can't find the 'remove friend' button and I've been staring at my FB page.Help me somebori!!
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby uluisrare » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:51 am

jezzy wrote:I can't find the 'remove friend' button and I've been staring at my FB page.Help me somebori!!

ulu grumbles into the room, mumbling incoherently "all these pple that want to delete and dont know how to... :roll: " :P
ok jezzy, u have to get on the person's profile first and scroll right down to the end of the page, u wld see "remove xyz from friend list" all the best!
If swimming is so good for you why are whales so fat?
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby horizon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:36 pm

uluisrare wrote:
jezzy wrote:I can't find the 'remove friend' button and I've been staring at my FB page.Help me somebori!!

ulu grumbles into the room, mumbling incoherently "all these pple that want to delete and dont know how to... :roll: " :P
ok jezzy, u have to get on the person's profile first and scroll right down to the end of the page, u wld see "remove xyz from friend list" all the best!

oi! oi! stop grumbling ojare.....we r not all Fb addicts u know! we take a chill pill cos we know we can always rely on the fb originals for backup!
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby Ugbonma » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 pm

horizon wrote:
uluisrare wrote:

oi! oi! stop grumbling ojare.....we r not all Fb addicts u know! we take a chill pill cos we know we can always rely on the fb originals for backup!

ha ha ha ha @ Horibaby's comment!!!! Ulu u no need to grumble abegi, some pple don't spend as much time on FB like others. i hav a friend who didn't even know she cud chat wit her friends on FB, n i felt like an addict after i showed her some of the moves on FB.
so gal, some pple really dunno d details of the network
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby uluisrare » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:01 pm

my goodness u guys pls forgive me but i am seriously in shock right now!!!!!!!
i got this add request from this girl.... i checked on her profile and saw she went to our school...
being the loyal patriotwho sang "the guns of battle were all silent" for 6 yrs o, i thot, ok this is a sister and i added her....
HMMMMM, AS IN NHIA!!!! U guys wld not believe my shock cum horror when i added her and the FIRST thing i saw on her page was her in the shower stark naked......!!!! STARK NAKED!!!!
u know i cld not believe it, when the picture opened gradually, u know the way the internet opens pages, head to shoulders, i thot ok she has a tube on.... my dear she was stark naked oooooooooooooo in the shower..... and she tagged it, "my sexy self"
Pls is that wot fb has become? in horror i removed her AT ONCE!!!!!!
Did i over react?
but which school girl wld do a thing like that? i saw she left school in 2004 and she is just 20 now? biko ugbaby is that wot fggc turned to after we left?????? wot in the world is that display for?
men i am shocked o!!!! i sent her a pm tho toasting her and asking her to take the pics off for the school's sake....
nhia nhia nhia!!!!!
If swimming is so good for you why are whales so fat?
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby faridah » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:32 pm

I do not think you overreacted. I removed a school girl from my website also because of something similar, not quite extreme though. I didn't know her, when she added me, I asked her to explain how we know each other. She told me that her older sister graduated from my set. Even though I felt uncomfortable having her on my site, I thought what is the harm? Anyway, one day she posted pictures of herself in a bathrobe and flowers. I felt they were very inappropriate, although there was no skin, it just seemed to be too intimate for FB. Anyway, I removed her. I thought about writing her about the pics, but then decided against it. We are all adults and some people are more open than others, it is her FB page and she can post whatever she wants. I just deleted her. I also deleted someone because his status updates were crude and inappropriate (to me). It is fine to delete people if the contents of their pages make you feel uncomfortable. I have work colleagues on my page so I have to be careful. Sometimes if your friends do not have privacy controls, your other friends can see the contents of their pages. In fact nowadays, employers' background checks include facebook and myspace.
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby ozy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:52 am

That's very true Faridah. Employers now search their employees and prospective employees online to see if there is any dirt on them. I'm extremely careful with what I do online neither do I want to be tagged birds of the same feather. I am like you all, if I see any questionable stuff on any page, I will quickly delete the person. It is their page like Faridah said and I don't have to be part of it. But seriously, This is my own point of view, I thought we are Nigerians, we shoudn't emulate stupid stuff. What happened to our culture? 8O 8O God help us all!!!
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
ozy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby chizor » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:44 pm

uluisrare wrote:HMMMMM, AS IN NHIA!!!! U guys wld not believe my shock cum horror when i added her and the FIRST thing i saw on her page was her in the shower stark naked......!!!! STARK NAKED!!!!

That's very un4tun8. Good thing you sent her the email though. It's the least you could have done in such a situation. :smt023. Would have been good to see the end result though......but as you don delete am, u no fit.....
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby jezzy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:26 pm

This Facebook thing sha get as e be.I remember removing a dude from my friend list because one time I logged in,his profile picture was of girls exposing their bakassi to the camera.I felt so embarrassed and promptly gave him his walking papers,didn't ask why and didn't really care to know either.Some times I look at pictures of people and wonder if they know who has access to their online person and pictures.I make sure I'm fully clothed(my younger ones and younger cousins are on FB,don't want to be the one that corrupted them) and make sure I'm not inappropriately attached to anyone.
Just this past week I filled out a job app that asked for my Facebook and Myspace urls and I thought that was odd but I gave it to them all the same cos I have nothing to hide.Now that I read some of the replies above,it makes that employees will want to check out what their prospective employees are about.I'm not sure I like that but hey,they are the employees and I'm the one looking for a job.

btw,thanks Ulu and co,I finally found the remove button! :-)
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics