[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Wonders shall never end!

Wonders shall never end!

Discuss daily and general issues

Wonders shall never end!

Postby blackie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 pm

Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby shaded » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:31 pm

For those too lay to click through, here is the full story. Which kind accidental flushing be this/////

Mother 'flushed baby by accident'

Claire Jones was given a suspended jail sentence in August for concealing the baby's birth
A mother has told an inquest how she accidentally flushed her baby down a toilet before hiding his body in her car boot.

Claire Jones became pregnant after an affair with a work colleague but hid her condition from friends and family.

She said she did not realise she had given birth to Daniel until she flushed the toilet at her partner's parents' home in Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan.

Ms Jones tried to revive him but "panicked". The hearing is continuing.

Ms Jones, of Pontnewydd, Cwmbran, told the hearing she did not reveal her pregnancy, telling friends and family, including David Stoneman, her partner of 11 years, that a wheat allergy had caused a hard mass to form in her stomach.

I wish I had done something more, but I just panicked. I miss him every day

Claire Jones

But on 28 December last year, a week after her due date, she experienced pains which she put down to diarrhoea.

She told the inquest: "While I was still on the toilet, I flushed it, and I felt something pull. I stood up slightly, and I could see a foot in the bowl of the toilet."

Cardiff Coroner Mary Hassell asked Ms Jones if she realised she had given birth. Ms Jones replied: "No".

She said the baby was underneath the water covered in toilet paper.

Ms Jones broke down as she said: "I could see the baby's foot, so I pulled the baby out.

'Towel'

"I sat by the toilet. I put him on my lap. He wasn't crying. I was trying to feel for a pulse and there was nothing."

Mr Jones was asked why she did not call for help. She said: "Because nobody knew I was pregnant. Because he wasn't breathing, I just panicked. I didn't know what to do."

She said she tried to revive him by blowing into his mouth and massaging his heart.

She said: "I just kept trying and trying, and it wasn't working. There was nothing I could do. He was blue.

David Stoneman, who was Claire Jones' partner, and Marcus Bezerra (right) her work colleague

"I wrapped him in a towel. I don't remember how, but I must have put him in the boot of the car."

The inquest heard Ms Jones was arrested 10 days later at the home in St Mellons, Cardiff, she shared with Mr Stoneman and Daniel's body was found in her Vauxhall Astra car.

A post-mortem examination found Daniel weighed seven-and-a-half pounds, but could not confirm if he died before or after birth.

Pathologist Andrew Davison said Daniel was likely to have drowned if he had survived the birth.

Ms Jones said she "blocked out" what happened, and did not remember Daniel was in her car until police arrested her.

Following a trial at Cardiff Crown Court in August, she was given a 48 weeks' suspended jail sentence for concealing the baby's birth.

She told the inquest: "I wish I had done something more, but I just panicked. I miss him every day."

'Mess'

She said she planned to leave Mr Stoneman, and her work colleague Marcus Bezerra, who was aware of the pregnancy, bought items for the baby in preparation for his birth.

When asked why she did not leave Mr Stoneman before the baby was due, she replied: "Things had got in such a mess with the two relationships. I didn't want to hurt anybody. I just messed everything up."

The hearing continues.
shaded
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby Ugbonma » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:34 pm

OMG!!!!!! I am speechless, dunno what to say.
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Return to General Topics