[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Proposals

Proposals

Discuss daily and general issues

Proposals

Postby NeneU » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:08 am

My goodness! I just got back from the most touching engagement dinner ever. I mean, the whole engagement process was planned so well - I was given the details at the dinner - WOW!

Okay, this couple is one of the sweetest I know. They're so young (24 and 25) and so sweet. They met about 4 years ago, and they've been together through his last year in undergrad, masters (in another state), and now med school (he goes to my school; I'm one class ahead). She just got into pharmacy school this year at the same school. They've both been VERY active in church and so on - choir, youth group etc.

Anyway, the thing about this proposal is that it was so unique, and his three younger brothers all played a role (he's the first). It was actually a scavenger hunt, and she had no idea what was going on...

His youngest brother (about 12 years old) showed up at her doorstep this evening, with the first clue, asking her to get dressed to go to a "place". Of course, she was surprised to see him there by himself. When asked how he got there, he responded, "I walked". I thought that was so funny. So she got dressed and they both left for the "place", which happened to be on campus . The second clue directed her to another "place", which was his (the guy's) former dorm room in undergrad, years back... and there, she met one of our friends (who was also in on the whole thing). Of course at this time she suspected they were up to something since this friend of ours had no business being in the dorm. Anyway, this friend of ours gave her the next clue, which directed her to another destination, where she got a diamond earring, and another clue. At the next stop, she got a diamond necklace. At this time, she was starting to think she was getting something special for their "anniversary". Little did she know what lay ahead. To cut the whole story short, the final clue led her to a bridge overlooking this beautiful lake on campus, where they had spent time together in the past - and there he was, finally! whew!. After saying all these beautiful things to her, he got down on one knee and asked her to be his wife.... and of course she said yes.

Afterwards, they both drove to the dinner venue, which was this really warm and cozy restaurant, where we were all waiting. Funny enough, no one (other than the "cast" of the scavenger hunt, of course) knew what was going on. People thought they were there for different reasons. In fact one of my friends bought her a birthday present, just in case she forgot it was her birthday, :lol: . They finally arrived, and the announcement was made. Needless to say, people were screaming, and tearing up and all that. His younger brother then played a slideshow of the couple from their early dating days to date, with "Ololufe" playing in the background. It was the cutest thing ever. We were all "oooohing" and "aaaaahing" the whole time. I mean it was the sweetest thing ever. Afterwards, he gave this little speach about how thankful he was to everyone who had helped him pick out the ring, and plan the event etc. He also thanked "the love of my life" for making him the happiest man alive today. Awwwww......

This sort of thing gives me so much joy, and needless to say, I said a prayer tonight asking for a beautiful proposal too, when the time comes. You know, such stories give you something to look forward to. Being in love is such a beautiful thing when you're in love with the one that was made for you. Just thought I should share....it was an awesome night.
Last edited by NeneU on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NeneU

Postby chizor » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:29 pm

luvly story. :oops:
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby NeneU » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:01 pm

I know, Chizor; it makes me want to be in love...and of course, get proposed to :smt055
NeneU

Postby Kellyeva » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Nice..... well planned too. Sometimes u think these stories only happen in fairy land. But there r real life stories out there.
Kellyeva
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby horizon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:51 am

and immediately he gets the ring onto the finger.............the reality begins.

man: putting his dirty feet up...asks 'wheres my dinner woman? do i have to sound a gong for it

wife: but honey, am just coming back from work,let me put my bag down

man: which ye ye work? eh, have u paid the gas & electric bill?

need i contine?? lol ..wicked!!
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby blackbeauty » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Horizon your write up made me laugh - why you dey put the girl off love and romance now!! It really isn't that bad, is it ?
blackbeauty
Junior Student
Junior Student

Return to General Topics