[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - BABIES

BABIES

Discuss daily and general issues

BABIES

Postby chizor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:58 am

One of my colleagues brought her baby into the office the other day, and the team gathered to see her baby. Of course the whole.... "she's soooo cuuute" started.

Anyway, I came, looked, smiled and then went back to my sit without saying a word, cos i didnt want to lie. 8)

So i thought i should ask.... "Why do people always say babies are "soooo cuuuute" even when they know they really aren't?"

PS: I know that beauty lies in the eyes of....

DISCLAIMER:

I NO TALK SAY THE BABY WOWO OO!
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby dubem » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:41 pm

Chai Chizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzor.... :o :o :o
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Ugbonma » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:41 pm

Because its rude to descbribe someone else's child otherwise. Infact, I feel bad implying or even considering that a baby is not goodlooking. As xtians too, its wrong to describe another person(s) whom we believe is created by the same God we serve as ugly just cos they don't meet the secular standards of what the world deems attractive.
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby zika_anoka » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:48 pm

Chizor... must the sentence be "he's so cute"

What about Oh he looks like ma or pa Or better still Oh what a blessed child

If anyone call my pikin ugly......... 8O 8O 8O 8O dat day go bii the day to remember
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby chizor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:11 pm

Ugbonma wrote:Because its rude to descbribe someone else's child otherwise. Infact, I feel bad implying or even considering that a baby is not goodlooking. As xtians too, its wrong to describe another person(s) whom we believe is created by the same God we serve as ugly just cos they don't meet the secular standards of what the world deems attractive.

I hear you babe. but i think you may have misunderstood my question.

Im not asking why people dont say that babies are ugly. Personally i think it's rude to say that anyone is ugly.

My question was about why people always feel the need to say babies are "soooooooooo cute" when its clear they dont really mean it or when its clear that the baby isnt really sooooo cute.

When my little niece was born, sorry to say oo! but she didnt come out soooo cuuuute and my sis always said that when people told her that she (my neice) was soooo cute, she always knew they were lying. Suffice to say, she's turned into a pretty lil' thing now.

Totally unimportant topic I guess, but na observation wey i make.

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby Ugbonma » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:27 pm

well, pple say a baby's cute to either make the parents of the babe feel good or they do it just to appear friendly n stuff

but Zika made some good points tho...... the babes can be described in ways other than just being cute or pretty
Ugbonma
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby nkay » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Anyway, I came, looked, smiled and then went back to my sit without saying a word, cos i didnt want to lie.

:? Hey!!!!!! Chizoooorrrr!!!!

So i thought i should ask.... "Why do people always say babies are "soooo cuuuute" even when they know they really aren't?"

SAD...SAD....!!!!!! :smt011

DISCLAIMER:
I NO TALK SAY THE BABY WOWO OO!

HAAAAAA!.....Implication!!!! 8O
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby chizor » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:48 pm

i have been misunderstood ooo. bet is well....

chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby nkay » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:45 pm

:smt081 Don't worry my dear. I understand you. Let me answer your question.

"Why do people always say babies are "soooo cuuuute" even when they know they really aren't?"

Bcos they just are. It's not being "cute" in the physical sense cos I know at that time they still look a bit red and wrinkled (which hardly is the conventional definition of cuteness); It's the whole package. The wrinkle-ness, redness, the way they laugh, smile, cry suck their fists, throw up, whatever...cute. They are just cute. BABIES = CUTE :D
I'm aware some people just say it to be courteous even if they don't feel that way though. Just like people say "good morning" even if they don't mean it, or say they like your dress even if they don't.
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby dubem » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
chizor wrote:i have been misunderstood ooo. bet is well....

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby horizon » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:11 am

have u seen some babies..when they are born..they resemble things shat out from the backside....but as time goes on, and they are fed, and they grow...they begin to look sooooo cute.
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby dubem » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:07 am

Like horizon pointed out, I have observed that kids who are born with very defined features may not look, as we call it, cute at birth. But as their body catches up with the defined features, we say they became cute...

Truth is, they never changed. Those features were there at birth, just may not have been the way we expected it to be... :smt102
i.e. big nose, large eyes, etc

dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby faridah » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:49 am

I agree with Nkay that babies are just cute. I tend to think that small children - birth to age 6 are adorable. And if I am around someone with small children, I will say something like - "your children are beautiful", if I am in a chatty mood. I just think it is a polite/nice thing to say. It is also okay not to say anything and smile back at the child if he/she smiles at you. Compliments are a gift and not by force.
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Return to General Topics