[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - CONDOLENCE

CONDOLENCE

Discuss daily and general issues

CONDOLENCE

Postby horizon » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:17 am

my sister recently lost a very good friend of hers, i knew the girl but we weren tight...u know sister's friend level, anyway sadly she passed away 2wks ago after loosing her battle with cancer.

now the question is, im not so good with condolence, but i feel the need to call her husband and express something, thing is i dont really know what to say? any advice?
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby horizon » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:22 am

i guess im not the only one. oh oh! abi all u all on fb?
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby faridah » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:24 am

I understand how you feel. Sometimes phone calls can be awkward if don't know the person well. You can always send a nice condolence card with a thoughtful message. Then if you have the opportunity to go to the wake or run into him in person, you could say something to him (might still feel awkward if you don't know him well).
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby zika_anoka » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:51 am

My dear when u call just state your condolences and say some nice things about the wife. And don't get on to theology, leave that for the Pastor.

You can also pray for God to help you. If the guy is in a talking mood, don't be in a hurry

according to UGB , this is my 2 cents
zika_anoka
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby horizon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:51 am

thanks guys. i think its safe for me to send a card.......
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Return to General Topics