[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Fat B Gone!!

Fat B Gone!!

Discuss daily and general issues

Fat B Gone!!

Postby jezzy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:19 pm

I was just thinking about my plan to lose weight and decided that instead of derailing the confession thread,I should start a new topic on weight management.This is not just for weight loss for the overweight but also for those at 'normal' weight to share what they do to keep their weight steady.

So feel free to add your tips,your stories,your trials,your triumphs and even recipes.Let's get started!
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby nkay » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:01 pm

For me, there's no routine, I'm just not that disciplined yet. for now I'm just trying to cheat my way through.
1. I don't count calories. I tried that once and felt I was going crazy.
2. I always eat breakfast. If I do, I'm usually never hungry at lunch time
3. I always try to cook my own food.
4. I can't give up white rice. I'd rather work out more.
5. Having fruits available help me a lot cos when I see them, the urge to cook disappears. I just eat them till I'm full.
6. I don't do garri ...I don't do semolina abi semovita...I don't do farina...I don't do corn meal, If I want something to eat my soup with, I blend dry oatmeal and cook it on the fire till it thickens (the raw oatmeal ooo, not those instant ones)
7. I usually don't drink enough water so I stopped buying all these bottled juices, some of them are not so bad but if I don't have them in the house, I'm forced to drink more water.

...to be continued
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby chizor » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:51 pm

i use a small sized plate to dish my food, instead of the turine i used to use.

helps to contain the amount of food i eat.
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby jezzy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:09 am

@Nkay,I do the oatmeal thing too and I actually like the taste.I just hate the time it takes me to blend a container full.

@Chizor,lol at the turine you used to eat with.

I'm starting my food diary tomorrow not so much for calorie counting as for just keeping note of what I eat.I hope it all goes well.
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby jezzy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:45 am

Guess what?I have lost 2 pounds since I made my weight loss confession and I'm determined to keep the pounds coming off lirrle by lirrle.I'm also very cautious because the last time I lost 2 pounds in a weight loss quest,I got so excited that I celebrated by gballowing ice cream and the result was the 2 pounds came back,not alone but with sisters and cousins.Now,I'm just celebrating by jumping up and down and getting the 'crazy' stare from people.LOL.
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby horizon » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:42 am

good on u Jezzy...keep it up!
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Postby ozy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:32 pm

jezzy stay away from that ice cream o. good for u though.

I have been doing well with the strength training but the pilates na trouble b/cos i hate anything that I have to watch a video to do. well sha, I go try if e no work I go just dump that one. But my abs are coming together :smt045 :smt045

I have also incorporated salads. very good 'cos I love baby spinach and olive oil dressing. I stay away from all the creamy dressings.
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
ozy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby jezzy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:59 am

Thanks Horizon,I will keep it up.

@Ozy,I started watching(and doing)some exercise videos.I hope the soreness in my muscles mean that something is happening in them.Just yesterday,I felt my stomach muscles stretching/tightening and I felt good because I figured my six-pack abs that have been in a lifetime hibernation were finally coming back to life.Is that possible with just a few push-ups? :-D :-D No more ice cream until my birthday rolls around again this year. :D Now that I write down what I eat,I am more conscious of what I put in my mouth.
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby ozy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:39 am

jezzy wrote:Thanks Horizon,I will keep it up.

@Ozy,I started watching(and doing)some exercise videos.I hope the soreness in my muscles mean that something is happening in them.Just yesterday,I felt my stomach muscles stretching/tightening and I felt good because I figured my six-pack abs that have been in a lifetime hibernation were finally coming back to life.Is that possible with just a few push-ups? :-D :-D No more ice cream until my birthday rolls around again this year. :D Now that I write down what I eat,I am more conscious of what I put in my mouth.

The soreness in your abs means that you just introduced something new to them and they tightening up, at a point your muscles will get used to it unless you keep trying different excercise positions to create muscle confusion. Some just keep doing crunches from year to year asking themselves why they haven't seen any result yet. I did for a whole year without result. It's because our body adjusts and gets used to one thing.

For me I do crunches today. tomorrow I add 10lb weights while I do squats (you can start smaller please don't over strain your muscles) The next day I add tension ropes to my situps. That way I keep my muscles in a confusion state.

It's harder for me 'cos I already have kids and my rectus abdominis muscle has stretched. But the workout is showing. So if I can do it, you can do it also. You just need patience and perseverance. Don't think about it, just do it. ...and stay away from that cake and ice cream. :lol: :lol:
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
ozy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Return to General Topics