[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php54/root/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Could I be addicted...

Could I be addicted...

Discuss daily and general issues

Could I be addicted...

Postby blackie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:47 am

...to lip balm? I've heard that lip balm could be addictive and that one of the symptoms is that you feel the need to reapply quite often - sometimes every hour.

Recently I've noticed that my lips feel strangely dry not too long after applying lipbalm, especially in this winter - and then I have to reapply and if I haven't got my lipbalm it feels like a crime. I could even stop somewhere and buy rather than wait till I get home...am I addicted? Is there help out there??? :smt100
Fearfully and wonderfully made. And then they threw away the mould
blackie
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby faridah » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:25 am

Probably not. Depends on the lip balm you use- is it thick enough? Also, the more one uses a product, the more one needs to use it. I guess that is how cosmetic business thrives.
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby dubem » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Hence the word addiction???
lol

faridah wrote:Probably not. Depends on the lip balm you use- is it thick enough? Also, the more one uses a product, the more one needs to use it. I guess that is how cosmetic business thrives.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby faridah » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:48 pm

LOL. I just tend think of addiction as a "negative compulsion" that is hard to stop; usually the use of a harmful substance. I am sure she can stop using the lip balm whenever she wants.
faridah
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby dubem » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:43 pm

:D
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Return to General Topics