[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES

CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES

Discuss daily and general issues

CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES

Postby chizor » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:10 am

I needed this this morning. Enjoy.......

Not every battle is worth fighting. Many of the challenges that come our way are simply distractions trying to lure us from our destiny. When we have opportunities to get upset, maybe somebody is talking about us, or a competitor at work is spreading rumors, or our spouse says something that they shouldn't have, we ought to stop and ask ourselves, "If I engage in this battle and spend my time and energy trying to straighten somebody out, defending myself, arguing with a family member, trying to prove that I'm right, even if I win this battle what is the prize going to be? What is this fight going to accomplish?"

You see, there are a lot of battles that come across our lives each day, but they simply aren't worth the fight. The end result is strife and disharmony.

Proverbs 20:3 says, "Avoiding a fight is mark of honor." If you want to honor God and enjoy your life, decide to be a peacemaker. Be the kind of person that will avoid an unnecessary fight.

If you'll be disciplined to fight the battles that do matter, and take the focus off of those that are less important, not only will your relationships be better and your home full of peace, but God will bless you because where there is peace and unity, God commands a blessing.
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby nkay » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:56 am

Nice one. I needed that too. Cihzor I can see you r really holding yourself from punching someone in the face. Don't worry, go ahead, take the shot. :smt047
"It is easier for us to believe in the wrath of God than in His mercy, for wrath is a feeling that is human while mercy is divine."
nkay
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Postby chizor » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:56 pm

nkay wrote:Nice one. I needed that too. Cihzor I can see you r really holding yourself from punching someone in the face. Don't worry, go ahead, take the shot. :smt047

You are not allowed to kpum with my name. :lol:
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

-Proverbs 16:3
chizor
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Return to General Topics