[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - myths....

myths....

Discuss daily and general issues

myths....

Postby uluisrare » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:21 am

hmmmmmmmmm finally i am able to post on here... yipee!

anyway, i was thinking yesterday and decided to start this topic to find out what other people were told when they were little that ended up being false (as in u know now they were just stories...)

i thought of this while licking a mango that was sooooooo sweet and I remember back then my parents (i think) told me that to make a mango, an orange or any fruit at all soooo sweet when it grew, put sugar on the seed when planting it and it would come out soooo sugary.... I BELIEVED...!

I also remember back then they (can't rem who) would say that if u swallowed an orange seed, udara seed etc that the orange/udara etc tree would grow out of ur head and it used to be such a big deal then o swallowing seeds!

So, what stories were u told?
If swimming is so good for you why are whales so fat?
uluisrare
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Re: myths....

Postby NeneU » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:28 am

LOL, Ulu, the seed-planting one is new to me ooo, but I'm all too familiar with the seed swallowing myth. Men, that was some stuff.

Okay, I was told that whenever you sneezed twice in a row, it meant that someone, somewhere had called your name. Well, are you thinking what I'm thinking? ...you guessed right - my cousin and I used this for pure mischief. To test this, we would call someone's name over and over, and watch from an inconspicuous place to see if they sneezed serially...mmm kinda spooky right? In hindsight, I wonder why we believed it, because it NEVER worked :lol: Oh, and mind you, it had to be exactly two sneezes in a row; don't ask me what three, four, or even five sneezes meant...okay I know - catarrh LOL.
NeneU

Postby onyi810 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:27 am

i was told that when you have hiccups, you should put a white thread on your head and it stops.

Also when lieing down and someone crosses over you, you 'll stop growing or you'll be short.

Council Chair

Postby dubem » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:14 am

I remember the seed swallowing one, the sneezing one and the crossing over one.
I think people must have crossed over me many times before I realized the consequence cause I believe I stopped growing in primary 2... :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about the one of accepting something from someone with your left hand and stuff??
I don't remember what was said about that but somehow u never seemed to find stuff u put away with ur left hand.

I don't believe in myths and all but some of them were cleverly used by our parents and adults in general to implement manners in us...

Anybody remember waving your hands when white birds flew by and singing...
"Chekeleke nyem mbo ocha, were mbo ogii???"
lololol
Chai!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whatever I allow into my world becomes my reality

To the degree that we seek the approval of men, we will compromise our obedience to Christ - Rick Joyner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dubem
The Untouchable
The Untouchable

Postby NeneU » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:48 pm

dubem wrote:Anybody remember waving your hands when white birds flew by and singing...
lololol
Chai!!!

OMG Dubem, I remember that one very well o.....LOL!!! And afterwards we actually checked to see if our nails became whiter :) Some girls claimed theirs did...
NeneU

Postby jezzy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:38 pm

dubem wrote:Anybody remember waving your hands when white birds flew by and singing...
lololol
Chai!!!

I still do the Chekeleke song when I see white birds flying in formation across the sky. :mrgreen:
jezzy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby horizon » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:09 am

Ulu i was told the same oh, put sugar when planting the seed. how did u prove this as untrue?
e don happen
horizon
Council Chair
Council Chair

Return to General Topics