[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_jfusion.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Federal Government Girls College Owerri • View topic - Special Needs School in Abuja

Special Needs School in Abuja

Discuss, Network with one another and you can advertise your business here.

Special Needs School in Abuja

Postby chinelo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:42 am

Hi Ladies,most of u have no business reading this (praise God) but it is good to be informed anyway. Ever heard of Autism? Well i had but until shortly before now, i understood it to be one oyinbo children's ailments and like Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man" i thought they always had savant skills. It took the diagnosis of my lovely godson to change my perceptions forever. After the shock came the real frustration - the dearth of information in the country. Oh there are loads of info online but none to help someone who suddenly has to deal with this in-country. There was little to go on after the diagnosis. Luckily we got the contact of a lady that ran a special needs school in Abuja.

The Zamarr Institute provides early intervention and programming to promote the success of children with special educational needs. In addition to that, they carry out awareness campaigns, trainings for teachers/carers/medical practitioners/parents,classroom support for mainstream schools with special needs kids,guidance and counselling for families.Stigma however is a huge challenge - families of affected persons are either in denial or do not want to associated with disabilities.

Please spread the word, autists and other special needs kids stand a good chance with intervention.
Check out their website - www.thezamarrinstitute.org
Physical address - 27 Libreville street, Wuse 2, Abuja.
Check their Facebook page for information on current events and activities.
I know God will not give me anything i can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much
chinelo
Prefect
Prefect

Return to Business